Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Williams not re-signed because on Prem wages. If no-one comes in for him, we can offer him lower wages. Rumour was that he might go to Swansea though. 
    Fosu only being signed so he can be sold. 

Meanwhile, the sale that wouldn’t happen, still won’t happen. Austrians, Australians, Belgians, pull your fingers out, we’ve not got long til the Championship season starts. 

• So only support your team at Wembley?
    It didn't take long, it really didn't.
    So disappointing. 

So only support your team at Wembley?
    So disappointing. 
    Low IQ, doesn't understand the debate
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Williams not re-signed because on Prem wages. If no-one comes in for him, we can offer him lower wages. Rumour was that he might go to Swansea though. 
    Fosu only being signed so he can be sold. 

Meanwhile, the sale that wouldn’t happen, still won’t happen. Austrians, Australians, Belgians, pull your fingers out, we’ve not got long til the Championship season starts. 

Don’t believe that for a second 
  • _MrDick said:
    My insider says that ‘there’s a meeting on Friday with RD with a group mainly based in Austria ... not sure if there they’re new or one of the existing groups that have shown interest ...’

More #Aussies then?
  • Addickted said:
    Despite signing for us in Jan, CPFC are still paying off JWs contract until 30th June and is the only way he could have signed for us.

We have absolutely no chance to match his CPFC salary. His 2017 contract extension with CPFC put him on more money, for example, than Grant's wages at Huddersfield. He was earning three times more than any other Charlton player who was on that Wembley turf.

Simple for him then. Probably a fairly wealthy man already. Hold out for best money deal, or play for less money (still good) at a local club, which really wants him? Deal buster....The  mighty Rolando and the future of CAFC. Total loose cannon. Who would blame any player for looking elewhere. Such a F---ing shame. Some players realise that they can't command the money they used to, but still want to play/do a good job at a lower level.
  • Sponsored links:

• Go Roland---spend some well deserved time with Katrien and fill your boots(what an image).
    You don't need all the stress of stopping a resurgent club with a 
    demonstrably big fanbase from prospering.
    Really---go on.Have a good strong Belgian beer and bang her brains out.
    You Wal-looney.
    Bye bye bye bye bye Take care See ya
    Bye   Yeh yeh you too.Bye bye
    See you next Tuesday.

So disappointing. 
    I think that you need to start looking at the bigger picture. 
    We all know the bigger picture.
    But some of us support the team home & away, whilst some of us turn up occasionally for a big game.
    We all know & want a better owner.
    Have another listen to what Lee Bowyer said about the importance of the fans.
    So when Bowyer and over half of the current squad walk away on 30 June because the idiotic owner fails to offer them adequate contracts and then brings in inferior replacements from football's equivalent of Poundland, you'll feel the same will you? 
    So disappointing. 
    But some of us support the team home & away, whilst some of us turn up occasionally for a big game.
    So when Bowyer and over half of the current squad walk away on 30 June because the idiotic owner fails to offer them adequate contracts and then brings in inferior replacements from football's equivalent of Poundland, you'll feel the same will you? 
    Not gonna happen. Roland is not that stupid (said no one ever)
    So disappointing. 
    Like he did last summer?
  • Go Roland---spend some well deserved time with Katrien and fill your boots(what an image).
    You don't need all the stress of stopping a resurgent club with a 
    demonstrably big fanbase from prospering.
    Really---go on.Have a good strong Belgian beer and bang her brains out.
    You Wal-looney.
    Bye bye bye bye bye Take care See ya
    Bye   Yeh yeh you too.Bye bye
    See you next Tuesday.

Have you not considered that maybe he enjoys the stress?
  • clb74 said:
    Melrose said:
    Prague. I always find your posts intersesting and to the point. Nothing new, but vey depressing in regards to the overall state of affairs. Roland seems prepared to lose money hand over fist if necessary. It's all about his ego. Sadly, i think it's going to take strong measures to force him out of this club.

For those who think Roland is just going to go away think again. A little anecdote. After the Wembley game, I was having a few drinks in a waterloo pub. Got talking to a few addicks, who, not surprisingly, were over the moon. I explained, that although I was overjoyed, the problem remained the same. Would he fund/support progession for the club as a whole? Almost certainly, NO

I had boycotted, but couldn't help myself to come back and support the manager, the team and fellow fans. One fan said to me, "you're not part of card are you". I said no I'm not, but I believe that drastic action is the only way to get RD out of the club. This seemed to be met with some confusion.

Let's be straight. It's unlikely that Duchatalet is going to do anything that has the club's interest at heart. It's all about him and his ego. We must do everything we can to force him out of our club.

Unfortunately for 90% -95% of fans it's about results.
    Roland will go when he wants and that will be when someone comes close to his asking price.

But is the asking price increasing as he loses even more money?
  • Melrose said:
    So disappointing. 
    We all love the club. Over the years I have travelled home and away. We know the importance of supporting the manger/players. It's not a matter of turning up for the big games (though you will always get an element of that). Things are fundamentally wrong. Fans loyalty is not being appreciated (By owners). LB has still not got a contract (shameful). Players, and staff are being disrespected. This guy is showing no respect for a great football club. He couldn't even be bothered to turn up for the play off final. He is a rich man playing games. Being blindly loyal to the manager/team is commedable, but it's  not going to make a bigger problem go away. The biggest pitch invasion the valley will ever see is when this
    Belgian fuckwit sellls the club and fucks off. Support the club, by all means, but be aware of the underlying cancer

We all agree with this & I believe there are very few Charlton fans who are unaware.
    So what's your plan? 
  • As long as the management team are in place I’ll see that as a positive, the player situation although not ideal isn’t too much of a surprise, keeping Bauer and Aribo would be amazing, but we were always going to need 2 new strikers and new midfielders with the 2 loaners going back. If Bowyer and Jackson go, that will be unforgivable but I can’t see that happening but then this is Roland we’re talking about. My Dad was telling me that he read an interview with Gallen who said his job at Charlton extended way beyond being Head of Scouting. Maybe they should make him CEO and have a proper football person dictating the direction of the club, sounds like he’s fulfilling some of that role anyway. Palace CEO is an ex pro and the longest serving one at that.
    So disappointing. 
    So soon after the final, it’s a bit disappointing that we’re bickering about this again isn’t it?
  • Sponsored links:

• Can this takeover please happen?! There’s going to be a civil war soon... 
  • edited May 2019
    The number of released players, demands of the Championship, we'd need something like 10? players, short term last minute.com strategy, the low budget and historical over reliance on loans has to be a concern, let's give each other a break eh. Thankfully/hopefully we will have the force multiplier that its Bowyer at the helm, but even then the situation is far from ideal. Villa paid something like £100m to go up I understand and that was through the playoffs..
  • Do we now consider the ‘Duchatelet years’ worse than the ‘Ground-sharing years’? 
  • JamesSeed said:
    So disappointing. 
    So soon after the final, it’s a bit disappointing that we’re bickering about this again isn’t it?
    Who’s bickering....we’re discussing a very real reality that simply cannot be ignored, no matter how unpalatable and so soon after the euphoria of Wembley as that may be.....there isn’t much time before the situation could become considerably more problematic, hence the need to discuss things so urgently......I am 100% certain that we all wish it were not the case.....the reality is however very different.
  • JamesSeed said:
    So disappointing. 
    Who’s bickering....we’re discussing a very real reality that simply cannot be ignored, no matter how unpalatable and so soon after the euphoria of Wembley as that may be.....there isn’t much time before the situation could become considerably more problematic, hence the need to discuss things so urgently......I am 100% certain that we all wish it were not the case.....the reality is however very different.
    I was talking about the boycott/don’t boycott bickering.
    Shouldn’t that be on the ‘Boycott/don’t boycott‘ thread? We’ve got a takeover to bicker about here;-)
    So disappointing. 
    Bowyer should obviously have been signed up, we all know it's ridiculous. So should Aribo & Fosu at the start of last season.

However, it is a lie to say that half the squad are leaving because the idiotic owner has failed to offer them an adequate contract.

We have offered contracts to who we want to keep. Please read what Bowyer said.

The reason for not offering the others contracts, is because Lee Bowyer doesn't want to keep them & I agree with him.

We shall be looking to get in better players, not inferior players.

We all know they are likely to be the best players from L1 who are out if contract like Lyle Taylor was.

We all know it's far from ideal & we all want a better owner than the bonkers Belgian, but please don't tell lies to influence others. 
    How's it a lie?
    They could be leaving.

• Turn back ! Turn back ! War awakens!
  • If anyone thinks that this summer is going to be anything other than disappointment and frustration at Roland's fuckwittery then look away now...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!