Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:
    From the official site. Sounds like RD isn’t going anytime soon. 

“Charlton boss Lee Bowyer is hoping to replicate the recruitment success of last season with his summer spending this year.

Working with Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen on a limited budget, the pair astutely built a squad that finished League One in third place and secured promotion to the Championship with Sunday’s dramatic League One play-off final win over Sunderland.

The Addicks have offered new contracts to four first team players but are not extending the contracts of six first team players.

Bowyer said: “Our next step is to obviously replace the players that we are losing, that is the first and foremost thing. The loans will be done a bit later on like they were last season. We’ve got a list of the type of player that we want, our targets, and now it’s about going to work and trying to get them in on the budget that we have. 

It is a small budget. We’re going to have to duck and dive like we did last season and bring in the best players we can on the budget we have. We’ll work our hardest, like we did last year, on trying to achieve that, but it’s going to be difficult. 

“The one thing that we do have in our favour this season is that we are in the Championship, so that alone is a better attraction. Ok, we can’t compete financially, but we’re in a league above now, so that alone should help us.” “

Actually gutted we haven't offered a deal to a cour of those and very surprised that we have offerred fosu one. 
    Reeves is the only one on that list I thought we might have retained 
    Was hoping we would keep Igor and Jonny

Igor too injury prone and on a high wage.

Jonny probably too expensive to sign on a perm
  • edited May 2019
    CAFCDAZ said:

“Charlton boss Lee Bowyer is hoping to replicate the recruitment success of last season with his summer spending this year.

Working with Head of Recruitment Steve Gallen on a limited budget, the pair astutely built a squad that finished League One in third place and secured promotion to the Championship with Sunday’s dramatic League One play-off final win over Sunderland.

The Addicks have offered new contracts to four first team players but are not extending the contracts of six first team players.

Bowyer said: “Our next step is to obviously replace the players that we are losing, that is the first and foremost thing. The loans will be done a bit later on like they were last season. We’ve got a list of the type of player that we want, our targets, and now it’s about going to work and trying to get them in on the budget that we have. 

It is a small budget. We’re going to have to duck and dive like we did last season and bring in the best players we can on the budget we have. We’ll work our hardest, like we did last year, on trying to achieve that, but it’s going to be difficult. 

“The one thing that we do have in our favour this season is that we are in the Championship, so that alone is a better attraction. Ok, we can’t compete financially, but we’re in a league above now, so that alone should help us.” “

Actually gutted we haven't offered a deal to a cour of those and very surprised that we have offered fosu one.

Most likely to retain a compensation fee when he goes, which is probable. 
  • Surely someone out there would want to buy the club now. WTF are the Aussies doing? They’ve been pissing about for two years now. 

I don’t think I can handle another season with RD at the helm.
  • CAFCDAZ said:
    CAFCDAZ said:

“It is a small budget. We’re going to have to duck and dive like we did last season and bring in the best players we can on the budget we have. We’ll work our hardest, like we did last year, on trying to achieve that, but it’s going to be difficult. 

Actually gutted we haven't offered a deal to a cour of those and very surprised that we have offerred fosu one. 
    Reeves is the only one on that list I thought we might have retained 
    Was hoping we would keep Igor and Jonny
    You're having a laugh mate.  My fitness levels are better than Mr Vetokele's.
    1 striker on the books, Igor actually looked pretty good when he was fit this season. I'd rather keep him than fosu and parker. 
  • 1640, The Long Parliament is summoned by Charles 1..
  • I want to keep my positive head on. 1) Not surprised on that list. Only ones I would have kept were Reeves and Williams.  2) We don't know what the budget is? Bowyer could be bluffing. Not saying we have a huge budget but enough to work with. 3) Williams was always going to go to other clubs such as Swansea are interested in him and as Bowyer himself said "we couldn't get anywhere near his wages". 4) Offering contracts to Bauer and Aribo? If these both sign that would be fantastic for us and will be a key as to what players we are going to attract, although I can't see Aribo signing and might be going anyway. Hope I am wrong. I would love Bauer to sign. He had already stated that he wasn't going to sign when his contract was up and still get that feeling. There were murmurs around xmas time by Bowyer that if Bauer was consider re-signing it would be imperative for us to be promoted. Hope he loves here enough and contract is good for him to stay for at least another year. 4) I note with great interest in that all our strikers are not being retained. On a positive note does that mean they will have at least 2 strikers on their list that are within their budget. (or know they could get one from Arsenal etc that they have tentatively agreed with). ie, we are not keeping Parker (in desperation) etc. In Bowyer, Gallen and JJ we trust. I just pray that RD is letting these guys take us forward and not relying on Driesden, 
  • Sponsored links:

• My insider says that ‘there’s a meeting on Friday with RD with a group mainly based in Austria ... not sure if there they’re new or one of the existing groups that have shown interest ...’

• I've had an interesting conversation this week with a well connected fellow Addick who is in a position to bring buyers to the table and unfortunately from what he says there can be no truth in the rumour that he has dropped the price to £40m or anywhere near it. 

I was reminded by my B&B landlord in Eltham, the Sunderland fan, that Ellis Short wrote off £170m in order to get Sunderland sold. Dwell on that for a moment...£170m. Whereas RD wants all his money back, basically.

So yes, we need to turn the heat back on him in Belgium. I have my own idea for that, which I am working up with CAST. It's one way, there need to be several different ways. Hit him where it hurts, which IMO is his ego, especially how he believes the Belgian business and "elite" view him. 

Let's not delay. Let's get on his case. 

Us getting promotion will only strengthen his resolve that the club is worth £70m..... sigh!
  • _MrDick said:
    My insider says that ‘there’s a meeting on Friday with RD with a group mainly based in Austria ... not sure if there they’re new or one of the existing groups that have shown interest ...’

It’s red bull! I saw this elsewhere too ... 
  • I've had an interesting conversation this week with a well connected fellow Addick who is in a position to bring buyers to the table and unfortunately from what he says there can be no truth in the rumour that he has dropped the price to £40m or anywhere near it. 

I was reminded by my B&B landlord in Eltham, the Sunderland fan, that Ellis Short wrote off £170m in order to get Sunderland sold. Dwell on that for a moment...£170m. Whereas RD wants all his money back, basically.

So yes, we need to turn the heat back on him in Belgium. I have my own idea for that, which I am working up with CAST. It's one way, there need to be several different ways. Hit him where it hurts, which IMO is his ego, especially how he believes the Belgian business and "elite" view him. 

Doesn’t sound very interesting, sounds like the position we all thought we were in. 

Doesn’t sound very interesting, sounds like the position we all thought we were in. 
    I know. The interesting stuff he said is confidential, inevitably. But the key thing is that RD's price stance is ridiculous, and the big obstacle that needs to be removed.
  • One factor seems dominant in this present episode of malarkey, and that is the notion of 'if not right now, when?'

Stuff about when the players get back...when the season starts...when the transfer window closes and so on, that will signal to me that we are where we always are, and we all go round again.

The parallel story will be how the sporting entity copes with next season with whatever staff it has.

I am assuming that the only significant deadline, and a pretty absolute one at that, is 30th June...four weeks and a weekend away.

If the regime hasn't changed by then, or some significant (positive) developments haven't happened then I think we will be stuck with Duchatelet, and he will continue his dismal scrabbling around for savings.
  • The only way Charlton will be shot of RD is when he stiffs off
  • _MrDick said:
    My insider says that ‘there’s a meeting on Friday with RD with a group mainly based in Austria ... not sure if there they’re new or one of the existing groups that have shown interest

My insider says bullshit
  • Takeover next week confirmed. Thanks mate!
    Wouldn’t hold my breath mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Williams not re-signed because on Prem wages. If no-one comes in for him, we can offer him lower wages. Rumour was that he might go to Swansea though. 
    Fosu only being signed so he can be sold. 

Meanwhile, the sale that wouldn’t happen, still won’t happen. Austrians, Australians, Belgians, pull your fingers out, we’ve not got long til the Championship season starts. 
  • Williams is out of contract with the Nigels on 30th June and will become a free agent if he's not offered a new contract with them.

He signed a two year extension in 2017.
  • Addickted said:
    Williams is out of contract with the Nigels on 30th June and will become a free agent if he's not offered a new contract with them.

He's out of contract with us, we signed him permanently.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5c2e500b984b5/done-deal-jonny-williams-becomes-charltons-first-signing-of-january-window
  • Addickted said:
    Williams is out of contract with the Nigels on 30th June and will become a free agent if he's not offered a new contract with them.

He signed on a permanent deal with us in january for 6 months, he's a free agent already, as far as I am aware
  • Melrose said:
    Prague. I always find your posts intersesting and to the point. Nothing new, but vey depressing in regards to the overall state of affairs. Roland seems prepared to lose money hand over fist if necessary. It's all about his ego. Sadly, i think it's going to take strong measures to force him out of this club.

For those who think Roland is just going to go away think again. A little anecdote. After the Wembley game, I was having a few drinks in a waterloo pub. Got talking to a few addicks, who, not surprisingly, were over the moon. I explained, that although I was overjoyed, the problem remained the same. Would he fund/support progession for the club as a whole? Almost certainly, NO

I had boycotted, but couldn't help myself to come back and support the manager, the team and fellow fans. One fan said to me, "you're not part of card are you". I said no I'm not, but I believe that drastic action is the only way to get RD out of the club. This seemed to be met with some confusion.

Let's be straight. It's unlikely that Duchatalet is going to do anything that has the club's interest at heart. It's all about him and his ego. We must do everything we can to force him out of our club.

Unfortunately for 90% -95% of fans it's about results.
    Roland will go when he wants and that will be when someone comes close to his asking price.

• clb74 said:
    Melrose said:
    Prague. I always find your posts intersesting and to the point. Nothing new, but vey depressing in regards to the overall state of affairs. Roland seems prepared to lose money hand over fist if necessary. It's all about his ego. Sadly, i think it's going to take strong measures to force him out of this club.

For those who think Roland is just going to go away think again. A little anecdote. After the Wembley game, I was having a few drinks in a waterloo pub. Got talking to a few addicks, who, not surprisingly, were over the moon. I explained, that although I was overjoyed, the problem remained the same. Would he fund/support progession for the club as a whole? Almost certainly, NO

I had boycotted, but couldn't help myself to come back and support the manager, the team and fellow fans. One fan said to me, "you're not part of card are you". I said no I'm not, but I believe that drastic action is the only way to get RD out of the club. This seemed to be met with some confusion.

Let's be straight. It's unlikely that Duchatalet is going to do anything that has the club's interest at heart. It's all about him and his ego. We must do everything we can to force him out of our club.

Unfortunately for 90% -95% of fans it's about results.
    Roland will go when he wants and that will be when someone comes close to his asking price.

You're right of course. Results, absolutely, but we are looking at a longer term scenario. RD got lucky, or unlucky depending on how you look at it. Going to be very interesting to see what happens next season. There's no way we are going to get away with half hearted/little nvestment in the championship.  Lets just hope the old twat sells up
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!