Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Thanks for the heads up on the activity page.

Activity page rules OK

So an Australian/Austrian/Charlton consortium.

Anymore nationalities and we'll never to able to afford to protest.

It’s becoming a League of Nations . What could possibly go wrong?
    We'll be marching into Belgium next... oh wait a minute!
  • 1643 @KiwiValley still fuming about @happyvalley denying him an all time great Civil War joke on 1642 having put in the ground work on 1641
    Considering your name, when you exploded on page 1642 I just assumed Abel Tasman’s sighting of New Zealand was the event you were hoping to be mentioned.
    Didnt twig that it was you making the Civil War hints the previous page!  :)
  • edited June 2019
    addick05 said:
    Solidgone said:
    If RD is still holding out for £65m on the sale  of real estate, then we have an impasse. Remember that he is a business man with profit is king thinking. The difference between how much the club cost him and £65m ((less expenditure) means that he can hold out. Plus a few more quid for Aribo will mean longer. 

With have a serious situation here as it’s more than likely to continue under his ownership for sometime. Such a shame. 

£65 million? He's got more chance of knitting fog than getting that. Oh well, looks like a short stay in the Championship then.
    Of course it will be, the reds are going up, again...PL here we come
  • Small piece of info. Vienna may well be the capital of Austria but it is a business base for individuals and entities from all over, rather like London is. 

I've done a lot of work in Vienna and businesses there seem no more inclined to pay double what something is worth, than businesses elsewhere. Just sayin....
  • Small piece of info. Vienna may well be the capital of Austria but it is a business base for individuals and entities from all over, rather like London is. 

I've done a lot of work in Vienna and businesses there seem no more inclined to pay double what something is worth, than businesses elsewhere. Just sayin....
    I get you
  • Nothing happening at all so everyone just chill and enjoy the sunshine 
    What's the source?

Roland's in Belgium I doubt any of our usual sources will know anything about the sale until the last moments.
  • Isn't there a fans forum this week where LDT gets to spout the same rubbish? 

We really need to get a bingo card sorted for this to make it enjoyable
  • 1644, The Battle of Marston Moor.
  • Sponsored links:

Better. Now let's have no more nonsense. 
  • Deal fatigue
    Too little too late 
    Marston Moor......... Brother of Brian, presenter of The Big Match and more famously commentator of the first game back at the Valley. ;)
    Two pages, two battles.

Duchatalet has a lot to answer for. 

Love Vienna Prague. Spent a week there a couple of years ago touring.
    Elegant city.
    English mate and his German wife live in the centre.
    At the risk of upsetting a few posters on here my mate was heavily involved helping refugee's from Syria settle in Vienna..
    He's quite a character as you would imagine.
    One of life's hero's.

Hi John. I was in Vienna last month, as a participant in a brilliant project called Europe Talks. For the first and probably last time, as a result I ended up in the FT. I think you might be interested, it's an ongoing project. Principle is simple, when you meet people in real life rather than on social media they are different and more nuanced in their opinions that you supposed, and they might just change some of your own opinions too.

Nothing to do with the sale of Charlton of course, but considering some of the other stuff on here at the moment...
    So Muir and co just fancied a day out at Wembley did they? Alright. 
  • Sponsored links:

So Muir and co just fancied a day out at Wembley did they? Alright. 
    Yes, a bit like they did at The Valley over a year ago!! 
  • 'We' won't get anything for Aribo. Roland will.
  • ross1 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    You’d be lucky to give Fosu away based on form so I don’t see the benefit of offering him a contract just so we get a fee 
    I'm fairly sure I read somewhere that we ended up paying Reading around £75,000 development fee for Fosu.

I guess the idiot owner thinks he'll get that sum back by Fosu rejecting any contract offer at Charlton, and signing for another club.

It could already be that Fosu has a club lined up.

I imagine that RD would not know Fosu if he stood in front of him with a roll of duct (duck) tape. I would think all of these decisions are being made by Bowyer and Gallen, because at the moment it will not cost money, plus saving wages on all players going
    I'm sure too that Bowyer & Gallen made the decision to let him go, Ross.

But the decision to offer Fosu a new contract might well have come from above?

Let's hope any development fee will be added to Bowyer & Gallen's playing budget.

Addicks win 4-0.

• cafcwill said:
    Isn't there a fans forum this week where LDT gets to spout the same rubbish? 

If there is we really need to go for the jugular this time. No more crap from LDT.
    He isn’t the man to tackle, it’s RD. 

Love Vienna Prague. Spent a week there a couple of years ago touring.
    Elegant city.
    English mate and his German wife live in the centre.
    At the risk of upsetting a few posters on here my mate was heavily involved helping refugee's from Syria settle in Vienna..
    He's quite a character as you would imagine.
    One of life's hero's.

Hi John. I was in Vienna last month, as a participant in a brilliant project called Europe Talks. For the first and probably last time, as a result I ended up in the FT. I think you might be interested, it's an ongoing project. Principle is simple, when you meet people in real life rather than on social media they are different and more nuanced in their opinions that you supposed, and they might just change some of your own opinions too.

Nothing to do with the sale of Charlton of course, but considering some of the other stuff on here at the moment...
    Very, very interesting post Richard. Good article in the F.T.
    The man who invited an Afgan refugee into his home reminded me of my friend in Vienna who usually entertains a group of refugees to his apartment for Christmas lunch.
    I like your posts Richard, we share the same values (and football club).
    I think my views and opinions have been forged by years of travel and working outside the U.K.
    You may be interested by my book published in 2012. 'The Grey Nomads' by John A Richardson.
    Its a fairly easy read about a nine month round the world trip.
    I managed a few references to Charlton Athletic. 
    Although we both spend much time out of the U.K. one day we will meet, at the Valley or in Prague.

• cafcwill said:
    Isn't there a fans forum this week where LDT gets to spout the same rubbish? 

If there is we really need to go for the jugular this time. No more crap from LDT.

Nothing happening at all so everyone just chill and enjoy the sunshine 

depends who invited them and their reason behind it 

I don’t doubt that people are still looking and still speaking about it even more intently than before 

but we are no where near

we won’t be any where near anytime soon

and personally I doubt anything will happen at all 

• Sounds like anyone buying a season ticket off the back of the end of season feelgood vibe will end up wishing they hadn't. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!