Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Small piece of info. Vienna may well be the capital of Austria but it is a business base for individuals and entities from all over, rather like London is. 

I've done a lot of work in Vienna and businesses there seem no more inclined to pay double what something is worth, than businesses elsewhere. Just sayin....
    Love Vienna Prague. Spent a week there a couple of years ago touring.
    Elegant city.
    English mate and his German wife live in the centre.
    At the risk of upsetting a few posters on here my mate was heavily involved helping refugee's from Syria settle in Vienna..
    He's quite a character as you would imagine.
    One of life's hero's.

Hi John. I was in Vienna last month, as a participant in a brilliant project called Europe Talks. For the first and probably last time, as a result I ended up in the FT. I think you might be interested, it's an ongoing project. Principle is simple, when you meet people in real life rather than on social media they are different and more nuanced in their opinions that you supposed, and they might just change some of your own opinions too.

Nothing to do with the sale of Charlton of course, but considering some of the other stuff on here at the moment...
    Very, very interesting post Richard. Good article in the F.T.
    The man who invited an Afgan refugee into his home reminded me of my friend in Vienna who usually entertains a group of refugees to his apartment for Christmas lunch.
    I like your posts Richard, we share the same values (and football club).
    I think my views and opinions have been forged by years of travel and working outside the U.K.
    You may be interested by my book published in 2012. 'The Grey Nomads' by John A Richardson.
    Its a fairly easy read about a nine month round the world trip.
    I managed a few references to Charlton Athletic. 
    Although we both spend much time out of the U.K. one day we will meet, at the Valley or in Prague.

Just read a few of the reviews @JohnfromNorfolk and ordered a copy 🙂
  • Uboat said:
    Sounds like anyone buying a season ticket off the back of the end of season feelgood vibe will end up wishing they hadn't. 
    We all know whats gone on before, but I'll not judge anything for next season just yet, I will wait and see what Bowyer can cook up first before giving judgement.
  • Nothing happening at all so everyone just chill and enjoy the sunshine 
    So Muir and co just fancied a day out at Wembley did they? Alright. 
    Yes, a bit like they did at The Valley over a year ago!! 
    They even bought a scarf.
  • Nothing happening at all so everyone just chill and enjoy the sunshine 
    So Muir and co just fancied a day out at Wembley did they? Alright. 
    Yes, a bit like they did at The Valley over a year ago!! 
    They even bought a scarf.
    1644 Cromwell buys a Charlton season ticket
  • Oliver Cromwell's new model army

Oliver Cromwell's new model army

• ...is here to-daay...
  • Uboat said:
    Sounds like anyone buying a season ticket off the back of the end of season feelgood vibe will end up wishing they hadn't. 
    You could have said that last year. It didn’t turn out too bad.
    Yeah, the Championship will be a piece of piss. 
  • 1645, The New Model Army is formed. You'd have thought they'd have had other things on their minds than playing with toy soldiers.
  • Oliver Cromwell's new model army

• Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    You seem very miserable and pessimistic.
    I find it hard to believe anyone that experienced that great day can change mood so drastically.
    Did you go to Wembley ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    Uboat said:
    You seem very miserable and pessimistic.
    I find it hard to believe anyone that experienced that great day can change mood so drastically.
    Did you go to Wembley ?
    No, I was on holiday, watching on a stuttering stream. I went mental when we scored and have been on a high ever since. 
    If RD is our owner next year we are fucked.
    Sorry you missed the game. I think it may explain your your strong feelings.
    What a load of horse shit. Get a grip for fuck's sake. 
    Plastic Charlton fan
    The plastics are the ones who are happy to stick their heads in the sand/up Roland's arse because we won at Wembley. 
    Do you need a cuddle?

• Reckon Roland got any extra cash for Gomez winning the CL?
  • Addickted said:
    Reckon Roland got any extra cash for Gomez winning the CL?
    With Meire negotiating the deal?

I suspect we probably owe Liverpool money.
    No. I have just asked a mate and he confirmed no. 
  • Scarf. Big yawn. 
  • Uboat said:
    Bowyer's not actually lost anybody who he wants to keep - yet.

None of Bauer, Aribo and Williams have signed for anybody else yet even if they haven't signed for us yet. Nether have Bielik and Cullen signed for anybody else.

The time for worry is when Bowyer is chasing bodies to fill the gaps like Parker so until the above three are confirmed gone there's no need to worry IMO. Bowyer proved a lot of us wrong last year and he deserves the backing of a packed out Valley this season.
  • Can we get back on topic, I just love clinging to the slightest hope that we’ll be taken over. I mean, I saw Skippy down Sparrows Lane earlier on... 
  • 150 new posts = feck all
  • JamesSeed said:
    With Bowyer and Gallen’s ability to attract talent to the club there’s always hope. Even without backing there’s a chance.
    With new, reasonably minted owners, who knows what might happen. 

Oh do you know something James?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!