Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Mal said:
    Probably a bigger worry than Dreisen grabbing things that don't belong to him. Even the Oystons might have thought about giving Boweyer a new contract as a priority on monday morning. And Bow is off on holiday today? Not good.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Mal said:
    Probably a bigger worry than Dreisen grabbing things that don't belong to him. Even the Oystons might have thought about giving Boweyer a new contract as a priority on monday morning. And Bow is off on holiday today? Not good.

i disagree - the silence all points to a takeover to me - if bowyer announced he'd sat down with rd today and sorted out his future, wouldn't that indicate that rd was staying? 
    I can accept part of that, but is it not also possible that a proposed buyer could ask Roland to offer a contract to Bowyer?
  • Options
    I think that Bowyer had all the players at the training ground yesterday to discuss their futures as he was going on holiday today, without signing his own new contract.
  • Options
    I know it's unlikely but I have like 400 unread posts... Anything newsworthy?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Missed It said:
    sammy391 said:
    Reason enough to sell :rage:

Scabby little boy trolling Charlton fans.  Thanks for ruining my day.
    Don’t let him, soon he will be long gone along with his patron. 
    Or is it his sugar daddy...🤔
  • Options
    He's not a reality show contestant but as Lord Bowyer said, 'we're on a journey' - don't worry about that. I'm relying on him to remove the gypsy curse and grease the wheels for a spectacular relegation for our friends down the road - like he did it in 96.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    I think that Bowyer had all the players at the training ground yesterday to discuss their futures as he was going on holiday today, without signing his own new contract.
    Hard to see how Bowyer could get any to resign a new contract, most if not all would be likely to ask what his situation is, and Bows as yet does not know.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    You would not believe what has been said, now do what we all have to do and read it all  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lyle is right (as well as more or less achieving legendary status as a Charlton player in the shortest time).
  • Options
    N01R4M said:
    Not seen mention of any sightings of LdT at Wembley.
    Somehow unsurprising - and even fitting - that The Rat was represented in his absence by Mowgli.
    Two things.....do you/we know for sure he wasn’t there........I’m not saying was.
    Secondly who the f is Mowgli?
    1)  I think if The Rat was there, someone would have noticed - unless he came wearing a burka!

2)  Mowgli = Driesen.  Given that name from the fright of a hairdo he was sporting when he first showed up at Sparrows in 2014, before we knew who he is.  (Put Mowgli into the search box, and you should find plenty of references and some pictures)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
    Olly and George weren’t aware that GM and AM were in the Royal Box, and I doubt they were keeping anything under their hat (s) as of half an hour after the match. But you never know ;-)
    They weren’t in the royal box. There are multiple claims they were in hospitality, including a good friend of mine who was in there and is adamant they had a table of five, Muir was present, and that Murray went and spoke to them. He might be wrong but that’s what he believes he saw.
    I was told they were, but hospitality or Royal Box doesn't matter; the fact is they've come an awfully long way to see a football match. Muir in particular wouldn't do that unless something was afoot, you'd think.

Personally I'd now rather someone else bought the club (not Ashley), because it'd be a lot less stressful ;-)

Absolutely certain that Muir’s interest has continued. The question has been whether there is a deal he can be part of, given he hasn’t wanted to buy it all.
    Let’s hope something’s happened in the last few weeks or months that would account for why Muir wanted, or even needed, to be there with Murphy. Gerard on his own would be encouraging, but much more so with Muir in attendance. I wouldn’t think he would have come if they were still scrabbling around for partners etc. 

• Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Mal said:

i disagree - the silence all points to a takeover to me - if bowyer announced he'd sat down with rd today and sorted out his future, wouldn't that indicate that rd was staying? 
    Yes, I’m quite sure anyone taking over the club would want to be part of that contract deal. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

not really
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Just a load of old pollocks mate.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
    Olly and George weren’t aware that GM and AM were in the Royal Box, and I doubt they were keeping anything under their hat (s) as of half an hour after the match. But you never know ;-)
    They weren’t in the royal box. There are multiple claims they were in hospitality, including a good friend of mine who was in there and is adamant they had a table of five, Muir was present, and that Murray went and spoke to them. He might be wrong but that’s what he believes he saw.
    I was told they were, but hospitality or Royal Box doesn't matter; the fact is they've come an awfully long way to see a football match. Muir in particular wouldn't do that unless something was afoot, you'd think.

Personally I'd now rather someone else bought the club (not Ashley), because it'd be a lot less stressful ;-)

Absolutely certain that Muir’s interest has continued. The question has been whether there is a deal he can be part of, given he hasn’t wanted to buy it all.
    Let’s hope something’s happened in the last few weeks or months that would account for why Muir wanted, or even needed, to be there with Murphy. Gerard on his own would be encouraging, but much more so with Muir in attendance. I wouldn’t think he would have come if they were still scrabbling around for partners etc. 

@JamesSeed why not just give him a call and asked what’s happening. I’m sure you could invite him round for dinner or a cuppa?
  • Options
    1632, Antigua & Barbuda are colonised by the English.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

You've texted GM then?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

@JamesSeed why not just give him a call and asked what’s happening. I’m sure you could invite him round for dinner or a cuppa?
    PS: just PM me with his answer and I won’t tell anyone else...honest...cross my heart etc.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LTKapal said:
    Redhenry said:
    At least one freebie will hopefully sign soon after. Again WIOTOS
    I like guess who. 
    Is he bald
    Does he have a beard?
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

He’s made a vow of silence re all takeover related matters. I think he got grief over spilling the beans to me all those months ago. 
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I like the sound of this. Any chance you can get some feedback on what the Aussies thought of the occasion and in particular the fans' performance?

• Options
    :pTaxi_Lad said:
    addick05 said:
    Nug said:
    sammy391 said:
    Reason enough to sell :rage:

Turd

Totally ruined my Monday. Who let him get his hands on the trophy? Even Simon Jordan deserves it more than him! (Oh, wait a minute, in my anger maybe I have gone just a little over the top?)
    No he hasn’t you big fibber!!......,,
    hes ruined your Tuesday 😜

Blimey, you're right-totally brain dead, still buzzing, back at work assumed it was a Monday. I need a beer!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No, we cannot wait a "few months" we need this sorted now, we need players and manager contracts sorted now. There is literally no time to lose if we want a successful season next year. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

No, we cannot wait a "few months" we need this sorted now, we need players and manager contracts sorted now. There is literally no time to lose if we want a successful season next year. 
    He said the last few months not the next few months. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

If you read my post ‘I said I hope something has happened in the past few weeks or months’, not that have to wait a few months. 
    It needs to be done ASAP, but I don’t think Roland cares. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!