Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1629, Charles 1 dissolves parliament.
  • Options
    Pretty sure Kitson was involved in potential take overs before, could be inside knowledge.
  • Options
    In April Dave Kitson said Newcastle would be sold by the end of the season.

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/heard-before-newcastle-fans-not-16101493

Today there’s an article on terms being agreed for Newcastle’s takeover.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/05/27/sheikh-khaled-releases-statement-newcastle-takeover-have-agreed/

If this goes through I guess we’ll be seeing more rumours of Mike Ashley buying us.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    The Sectet Footballer tweeted last night that a deal to sell Charlton has been done!
    The Secret Footballer is believed to be Dave Kitson.

Scoham said:
    The Sectet Footballer tweeted last night that a deal to sell Charlton has been done!
    How the fuck would Dave Kitson know about our takeover when people on here with good connections to the club don't know.
    Piss weak drivel from a low rent onanist (secret hasbeen)
    Anybody giving this airtime needs a checkup from the neck up
    or for our younger readers Don’t Feed The Troll

Any actual or FFS imminent new owner would have been all over yesterday lapping up the glad tidings, kissing babies and glad handing we faithful 

as as you were, back to work Tuesday, nothing to see here
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    Of course he’s dumb, how can he have reached such a grand age without realising the benefits of toothpaste?
    NTAMWYT!
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
    Olly and George weren’t aware that GM and AM were in the Royal Box, and I doubt they were keeping anything under their hat (s) as of half an hour after the match. But you never know ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I’m very sceptical that any deal is close but you do have to wonder why AM and GM were present. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    After the game Murray told Jim White he hopes it was Roland’s last game as owner.
    Don't we all?  Doesn't mean it will be.
    I’m getting that end of February feeling from that...
  • Options
    If we don’t get sold now, we never will.

This needs to happen fast, with players out of contracts and loans going, our squad is decimated, we basically need a whole new midfield, 2 strikers and a left back, we need to start moving fast and if this takeover takes more than 2 weeks we’re buggered. 
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Just seen Rio Ferdinand talking to some bloke in a taxi. 
    It's happening 
    Well I saw an old mate who drives a black cab at Wembley, he didn’t mention Ferdinand but that must be due to a NDA. Think this must be it.

Done deal.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:
    When’s the next Leyland Van Druff meeting? They’re always really insightful...
    5 June
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    How the fuck would Dave Kitson know about our takeover when people on here with good connections to the club don't know.

Kitson is a very "Secret Footballer" seeing as he hasn't been seen on the pitch for 5 years!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So many false so many false dawns. I will believe it when it happens. Really can't get excited about a takeover, with the loon in charge anything could happen.
  • Options
    I remember when someone said the sale was imminent!
  • Options
    Without the right contract offer within a week, I would advise the management team to leave at the end of June and not look back.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Without the right contract offer within a week, I would advise the management team to leave at the end of June and not look back.
    I'd advise them to stay and work for free, because when Bowyer leaves it's Driesen's turn.
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:
    I remember Keith Harris telling me that promotion was not a factor in whether the Aussies bought us or not, so not sure if winning yesterday changes anything. 
    That said, I found it odd that the spectre of RDs ownership seemed to be forgotten/ignored when players and pundits talked about our prospects in the Championship. Particularly SCP going on about keeping the squad together, adding quality, bigger budgets etc. He knows full well that most of that is extremely unlikely under the Belgian loony

I remember Keith Harris telling me that he wish he could fly.
    That was Orville mate......not Keith.
    No it was Orville, Keith's lips weren't moving!
  • Options
    So many false so many false dawns. I will believe it when it happens. Really can't get excited about a takeover, with the loon in charge anything could happen.
    WIOTOS
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    What's happened to @Redhenry
    He's still in the Green Man.
    I was in the Boxpark :smile:
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!