Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1627, England lands the first European settlers on Barbados.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Paul Elliott came in to box park last night with 4 men In suits. Just maybe
    Knew I recognised him 😂. In my inebriated state , I couldn’t put a name to the face! 

I can concur he was with well suited blokes... I only saw the back of his company so I’ve no idea who they were. I was to focused on Elliot trying to remember his name 😂
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Pretty sure Aussies wouldn’t just be there to watch the match if they weren’t still very interested. It’s a long way to come to watch a football match. I wonder if promotion hasn’t triggered something
    A doubling of the already crazy price maybe.
  • Options
    Asking price shouldn't be different though should it?

Roland has already said he's willing to give the club away for free, its money for the land that he wants!!
  • Options
    A fan on the tube said with total conviction, 'Curbishley and Varney are buying us.' Just saying.
    Heard PV is of to Notts County.
  • Options
    1626, Charles 1 is crowned.
    0526 Lee 1 is crowned. 
  • Options
    Someone posting on FB that the deal is already done. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Asking price has gone up to £100M today I would imagine.
  • Options
    Come on, Aussies. You know what to do. Very encouraging that they were there.
  • Options
    Was muir there then?
  • Options
    Was muir there then?
    Muir and Murphy sitting with Murray
  • Options
    Who were the two middle Eastern looking fellas sitting with Curbs?
  • Options
    The Sectet Footballer tweeted last night that a deal to sell Charlton has been done!
    The Secret Footballer is believed to be Dave Kitson.
  • Options
    Who were the two middle Eastern looking fellas sitting with Curbs?
    One was Karim Bagheri. 
  • Options
    Someone posting on FB that the deal is already done. 
    Lot of this around in the last few days. One problem though is journos coming fresh to the story and taking what they are told at face value.

Muir’s interest is genuine and has been consistent, but he hasn’t been prepared to buy the club outright. Amazing the Aussies are still there two years after the story broke, but there is other interest.
    So if there’s other interest it doesn’t suggest anything is close?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One method of learning something, not the only one granted, is by past experience.
    Feels like yet another fruitless round of stories.

• Options
    Curb_It said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Anyone see the Royal Box?
    Muir and Murphy were in the lounge today 

A year on since they last appeared in front of Charlton fans. 
    Given up trying to work out what their motives are. Bizarre that their takeover deal could still be alive 2 years later, as you'd assume with any normal buyer that they'd either have closed the deal OR moved on to other targets
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    After the game Murray told Jim White he hopes it was Roland’s last game as owner.
    Don't we all?  Doesn't mean it will be.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    One method of learning something, not the only one granted, is by past experience.

Fear you may be correct Seth. All we can do is keep our fingers (and everything else) crossed.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

When you lose something, you look in lots of places until you find it.  Not finding it in the first few places you look doesn't mean it won't be found eventually. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    JamesSeed said:

Given up trying to work out what their motives are. Bizarre that their takeover deal could still be alive 2 years later, as you'd assume with any normal buyer that they'd either have closed the deal OR moved on to other targets
    This ! It just doesn't make sense to me.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    JamesSeed said:

This ! It just doesn't make sense to me.
    They were over for the cricket and couldn't get a freebie for Villa v Derby.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!