Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    1628, Oliver Cromwell's first appearance in parliament.
  • Options
    5.6m views now. 
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Anyone see the Royal Box?
    Muir and Murphy were in the lounge today 

A year on since they last appeared in front of Charlton fans. 
    Given up trying to work out what their motives are. Bizarre that their takeover deal could still be alive 2 years later, as you'd assume with any normal buyer that they'd either have closed the deal OR moved on to other targets
    This ! It just doesn't make sense to me.
    If a price has been agreed but it involves a significant extra payment upon promotion I can see why prospective buyers might balk at it.  Giving Roland an extra £10m or whatever for achieving what he failed to do/couldn't be bothered to attempt would stick in my craw too.  Cross fingers that problem is gone now and the arguing over a few player sell-on clauses can be put to bed quickly.
  • Options
    Still amazed that the Aussies are still there. They either have the money or they don't, what have they been waiting all year for?
  • Options
    Still amazed that the Aussies are still there. They either have the money or they don't, what have they been waiting all year for?
    The price to come down to a realistic level, perhaps.
    Which surely won't happen now we're in a higher league. A championship side has to be worth more than a league one side?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2019
    Roland keeping the price the same, the only problem is we need to be in the premier league for it to be realistic.
  • Options
    Which surely won't happen now we're in a higher league. A championship side has to be worth more than a league one side?

Who knows with Roland.  He is irrational.  He's said he'd sell the club for £1 and it was the land value he was basing the value on.

Of course it is all nonsense, the price is based on how much he has lost not how much the club, or land is worth.
  • Options
    The proposed buying of Newcastle is in its early stages and a long way from being done
  • Options
    why would you pay him say 10m on promotion if you can wait until we are promoted and pay a more realistic price. Personally I’m happy the Aussies are still hanging around. Shows they are serious about buying the Club but not willing to pay an unrealistic price for it. Others have walked never to be seen or heard from again
    That wouldn't necessarily make them bad investors though?
  • Options
    why would you pay him say 10m on promotion if you can wait until we are promoted and pay a more realistic price. Personally I’m happy the Aussies are still hanging around. Shows they are serious about buying the Club but not willing to pay an unrealistic price for it. Others have walked never to be seen or heard from again
    That wouldn't necessarily make them bad investors though?
    No, just sensible...
  • Options
    Any photo of the Aussies and Murray yesterday?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hope he’s bought a new biro, to finish off that last form that needs submitting....
  • Options
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
  • Options
    What's happened to @Redhenry
  • Options
    If the  Aussies don’t follow up now they never will. Any wavering investors will be persuaded right now. Otherwise I guess they still need to find others to stump up cash.
  • Options
    If the  Aussies don’t follow up now they never will. Any wavering investors will be persuaded right now. Otherwise I guess they still need to find others to stump up cash.
    Agreed it's now or never for The Aussies the way I see it. They've had over 12 months officially to sort out a price and deal and if League One was the hurdle then it's now gone and now is the time to deal.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!