Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    N01R4M said:
    N01R4M said:
    Not seen mention of any sightings of LdT at Wembley.
    Somehow unsurprising - and even fitting - that The Rat was represented in his absence by Mowgli.
    Two things.....do you/we know for sure he wasn’t there........I’m not saying was.
    Secondly who the f is Mowgli?
    1)  I think if The Rat was there, someone would have noticed - unless he came wearing a burka!

2)  Mowgli = Driesen.  Given that name from the fright of a hairdo he was sporting when he first showed up at Sparrows in 2014, before we knew who he is.  (Put Mowgli into the search box, and you should find plenty of references and some pictures)
    Cheers.....that’s one I missed.
  • Options
    1623, the first use of a fire engine in England after a fire at London Bridge.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:
    You're having a mare happy!  
    I've never been so busy, I'll give up when it happens.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
    Olly and George weren’t aware that GM and AM were in the Royal Box, and I doubt they were keeping anything under their hat (s) as of half an hour after the match. But you never know ;-)
    They weren’t in the royal box. There are multiple claims they were in hospitality, including a good friend of mine who was in there and is adamant they had a table of five, Muir was present, and that Murray went and spoke to them. He might be wrong but that’s what he believes he saw.
    I was told they were, but hospitality or Royal Box doesn't matter; the fact is they've come an awfully long way to see a football match. Muir in particular wouldn't do that unless something was afoot, you'd think.

Personally I'd now rather someone else bought the club (not Ashley), because it'd be a lot less stressful ;-)

Absolutely certain that Muir’s interest has continued. The question has been whether there is a deal he can be part of, given he hasn’t wanted to buy it all.
    Let’s hope something’s happened in the last few weeks or months that would account for why Muir wanted, or even needed, to be there with Murphy. Gerard on his own would be encouraging, but much more so with Muir in attendance. I wouldn’t think he would have come if they were still scrabbling around for partners etc. 

I like the sound of this. Any chance you can get some feedback on what the Aussies thought of the occasion and in particular the fans' performance?

Ok. I’ve already pointed out that we outsold Sunderland. 
  • Options
    If the Aussies are still interested then it has to happen soon. They have been sniffing for two fecking years. If they aren’t ready to rock after what happened on Sunday then I don’t see them ever being ready. 
    Mate, I think the consensus is that it's Roland f*ecking around. But we'll find out eventually.
  • Options
    If the Aussies are still interested then it has to happen soon. They have been sniffing for two fecking years. If they aren’t ready to rock after what happened on Sunday then I don’t see them ever being ready. 
    How right you are.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How right you are.
    Same old arguments then. Best I stay off this thread ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    You’re having a ‘mare feller....
    im struggling to work out where the top of each page is these days...

Edit: dammit, we even used the same words though...
  • Options
    We won a play off final Sunday but that's about it really

Dazzler21 said:
    I know it's unlikely but I have like 400 unread posts... Anything newsworthy?

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    J BLOCK said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
    Olly and George weren’t aware that GM and AM were in the Royal Box, and I doubt they were keeping anything under their hat (s) as of half an hour after the match. But you never know ;-)
    They weren’t in the royal box. There are multiple claims they were in hospitality, including a good friend of mine who was in there and is adamant they had a table of five, Muir was present, and that Murray went and spoke to them. He might be wrong but that’s what he believes he saw.
    I was told they were, but hospitality or Royal Box doesn't matter; the fact is they've come an awfully long way to see a football match. Muir in particular wouldn't do that unless something was afoot, you'd think.

Personally I'd now rather someone else bought the club (not Ashley), because it'd be a lot less stressful ;-)

Absolutely certain that Muir’s interest has continued. The question has been whether there is a deal he can be part of, given he hasn’t wanted to buy it all.
    Let’s hope something’s happened in the last few weeks or months that would account for why Muir wanted, or even needed, to be there with Murphy. Gerard on his own would be encouraging, but much more so with Muir in attendance. I wouldn’t think he would have come if they were still scrabbling around for partners etc. 

No, we cannot wait a "few months" we need this sorted now, we need players and manager contracts sorted now. There is literally no time to lose if we want a successful season next year. 
    If you read my post ‘I said I hope something has happened in the past few weeks or months’, not that have to wait a few months. 
    It needs to be done ASAP, but I don’t think Roland cares. 
    Ahh fair enough, sorry mis-read that. 
  • Options
    Who were the Arabs looking to buy a London Championship club a few weeks ago? Anyone got their number
  • Options
    I just can't see it being the aussies - I'm still not convinced they aren't an RD construct for negotiating purposes - I'm picturing Mike Ashley negotiating for our club right now and to be honest, I'd take that. It all makes sense to me whereas the Aussie thing never has. He won't be interested in languishing round in league 1 but now we are up, he will go for it and hence the trigger to offload Newcastle. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he may not be a stinking rich arab but he's rich enough for us not to have to worry about going bankrupt, is high profile enough to want to have a real go at being successful and we are the biggest London club that he is likely to get his hands on - barring West Ham, but I can only see them going one way with that soulless bowl of theirs so no value there to be unearthed. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    I just can't see it being the aussies - I'm still not convinced they aren't an RD construct for negotiating purposes - I'm picturing Mike Ashley negotiating for our club right now and to be honest, I'd take that. It all makes sense to me whereas the Aussie thing never has. He won't be interested in languishing round in league 1 but now we are up, he will go for it and hence the trigger to offload Newcastle. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he may not be a stinking rich arab but he's rich enough for us not to have to worry about going bankrupt, is high profile enough to want to have a real go at being successful and we are the biggest London club that he is likely to get his hands on - barring West Ham, but I can only see them going one way with that soulless bowl of theirs so no value there to be unearthed. 
    The Aussies aren’t an RD invention, but I agree I’d be surprised if Murphy was involved now. Don’t rule out Muir though.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    The Aussies aren’t an RD invention, but I agree I’d be surprised if Murphy was involved now. Don’t rule out Muir though.

I don't doubt they exist but as a front that will never follow through - maybe, maybe not but lets be honest Airman, you can't know for sure either. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Solidgone said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

@JamesSeed why not just give him a call and asked what’s happening. I’m sure you could invite him round for dinner or a cuppa?
    He’s made a vow of silence re all takeover related matters. I think he got grief over spilling the beans to me all those months ago. 
    Ply him with champagne, whisky, Hurlimans lager and Jägermeister shots. Then ask him nicely before he passes out. He won’t remember telling you. You could then PM me and everything is cushty. 😀
  • Options
    Muir and who?.Dont we need a new owner or owners worth billions? Instead of say £500m.
  • Options
    edited May 2019
    Rudders22 said:
    Based on nothing but a gut feeling, I have a feeling in my water that the takeover is about to go through. On Sunday there was a message that was nothing like the what the RAT comes out with in congratulating Bowyer, the team and fans etc and about being back where we belong. That was so unlike Roland and not in broken English. Who wrote that on his behalf as he hates us fans? Was that Murray's doing and Roland just asked them to get on with it.. Then Murray comes out the woodwork with "This is hopefully Roland's last game but remember he has put a lot of money in to the club to keep it going".   Just before the play off semi final and final Bowyer himself said he was certain that he would sign the contract but needed things ironing out?  I also wonder if Bows is being economical with the truth. He says that he spoke to Roland leading up to the final and wishing him good luck. However, now says that he has not heard from him about a contract (which he received in email form). I can't help think that with us winning promotion that is the turning point in the club and a deal can now be struck to purchase the club. This is why nothing has been done or said about any contracts, players, Manager etc is because Roland has now finished with the club.  The contracts run out on 30th June? Why would Roland get involved in contracts if he is not going to be here any longer?  Maybe it is a case that new owners will sit with Bows and co between now and when takeover goes through and discuss budgets for next season etc. Maybe I am being over optimistic but feel the Aussies would not have paid over the odds for a league one club but pay a for the same price (whatever) they agreed with RD over a year ago. 
    You might be right. Explains why Bowyer seemed not a all worried about his contract after the win and also why the oddly professional statement by RD’s ghost writer. This is exactly what just happened at Newcastle. Benitez out of contract... no panic even though season was over.
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I don't doubt they exist but as a front that will never follow through - maybe, maybe not but lets be honest Airman, you can't know for sure either. 
    I do know for sure that Muir is willing to put his money in but not enough to buy or fund the club on his own. 
  • Options
    Who were the two Middle Eastern gentlemen sitting with Curbs? I saw it briefly on the big screen as the camera panned around at the final whistle during the celebrations 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

I do know for sure that Muir is willing to put his money in but not enough to buy or fund the club on his own. 
    I’d suggest you can’t know that for sure but let’s leave it there - got a promotion to bask in
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Who were the two Middle Eastern gentlemen sitting with Curbs? I saw it briefly on the big screen as the camera panned around at the final whistle during the celebrations 

Wallace and Gromit
  • Options
    Muir and who?.Dont we need a new owner or owners worth billions? Instead of say £500m.
    Ideally. But imagine if some Qataris were watching the match on TV and thought ‘let’s buy this club’. They’d still presumably have to do DD, and deal with Roland, so can you see that happening over the next 8-10 weeks?
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    Based on nothing but a gut feeling, I have a feeling in my water that the takeover is about to go through. On Sunday there was a message that was nothing like the what the RAT comes out with in congratulating Bowyer, the team and fans etc and about being back where we belong. That was so unlike Roland and not in broken English. Who wrote that on his behalf as he hates us fans? Was that Murray's doing and Roland just asked them to get on with it.. Then Murray comes out the woodwork with "This is hopefully Roland's last game but remember he has put a lot of money in to the club to keep it going".   Just before the play off semi final and final Bowyer himself said he was certain that he would sign the contract but needed things ironing out?  I also wonder if Bows is being economical with the truth. He says that he spoke to Roland leading up to the final and wishing him good luck. However, now says that he has not heard from him about a contract (which he received in email form). I can't help think that with us winning promotion that is the turning point in the club and a deal can now be struck to purchase the club. This is why nothing has been done or said about any contracts, players, Manager etc is because Roland has now finished with the club.  The contracts run out on 30th June? Why would Roland get involved in contracts if he is not going to be here any longer?  Maybe it is a case that new owners will sit with Bows and co between now and when takeover goes through and discuss budgets for next season etc. Maybe I am being over optimistic but feel the Aussies would not have paid over the odds for a league one club but pay a for the same price (whatever) they agreed with RD over a year ago. 
    What message was this?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!