Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I just can't see it being the aussies - I'm still not convinced they aren't an RD construct for negotiating purposes - I'm picturing Mike Ashley negotiating for our club right now and to be honest, I'd take that. It all makes sense to me whereas the Aussie thing never has. He won't be interested in languishing round in league 1 but now we are up, he will go for it and hence the trigger to offload Newcastle. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he may not be a stinking rich arab but he's rich enough for us not to have to worry about going bankrupt, is high profile enough to want to have a real go at being successful and we are the biggest London club that he is likely to get his hands on - barring West Ham, but I can only see them going one way with that soulless bowl of theirs so no value there to be unearthed. 
    The Aussies aren’t an RD invention, but I agree I’d be surprised if Murphy was involved now. Don’t rule out Muir though.

I don't doubt they exist but as a front that will never follow through - maybe, maybe not but lets be honest Airman, you can't know for sure either. 
    Muir is mega rich by any standard. To think he’s playing games for the benefit of Roland Duchatelet or to piss a few thousand Charlton fans off is laughable. He has been and if he was at Wembley still is interested. Strange that it’s taken two years to reach god only knows what point but interested nevertheless.
    Pissing about for 2 years is more laughable to me 
    Well let’s just say he’s not a RD puppet trying to upset you.
    ok, but lets be clear - i never said he was trying to upset anybody - just create competition

• " My work is done here " states the Rat "

• DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    I just can't see it being the aussies - I'm still not convinced they aren't an RD construct for negotiating purposes - I'm picturing Mike Ashley negotiating for our club right now and to be honest, I'd take that. It all makes sense to me whereas the Aussie thing never has. He won't be interested in languishing round in league 1 but now we are up, he will go for it and hence the trigger to offload Newcastle. He may not be everyone's cup of tea and he may not be a stinking rich arab but he's rich enough for us not to have to worry about going bankrupt, is high profile enough to want to have a real go at being successful and we are the biggest London club that he is likely to get his hands on - barring West Ham, but I can only see them going one way with that soulless bowl of theirs so no value there to be unearthed. 
    The Aussies aren’t an RD invention, but I agree I’d be surprised if Murphy was involved now. Don’t rule out Muir though.

I don't doubt they exist but as a front that will never follow through - maybe, maybe not but lets be honest Airman, you can't know for sure either. 
    Muir is mega rich by any standard. To think he’s playing games for the benefit of Roland Duchatelet or to piss a few thousand Charlton fans off is laughable. He has been and if he was at Wembley still is interested. Strange that it’s taken two years to reach god only knows what point but interested nevertheless.
    ok, but lets be clear - i never said he was trying to upset anybody - just create competition
    By getting a millionaire with at least twice as much money as he has to fly to the other side of the world over a two year period to help out his madcap scheme. How the fuck would he manage to do that ? 
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Refusing to pay twice what the club is worth is hardly pissing about is it? It's common sense.
    and hanging around for 2 years waiting for that to change is more plausible??load of nonsense
  • Didn't we have a Nigerian chief as a director once Chief Nizarabie or something ? A relative of his and mine is mega minted but can't get a bank account all we need are someone's bank details and it's lovely jubbley
    The Hulyer era.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
    Olly and George weren’t aware that GM and AM were in the Royal Box, and I doubt they were keeping anything under their hat (s) as of half an hour after the match. But you never know ;-)
    They weren’t in the royal box. There are multiple claims they were in hospitality, including a good friend of mine who was in there and is adamant they had a table of five, Muir was present, and that Murray went and spoke to them. He might be wrong but that’s what he believes he saw.
    I was told they were, but hospitality or Royal Box doesn't matter; the fact is they've come an awfully long way to see a football match. Muir in particular wouldn't do that unless something was afoot, you'd think.

Personally I'd now rather someone else bought the club (not Ashley), because it'd be a lot less stressful ;-)

Absolutely certain that Muir’s interest has continued. The question has been whether there is a deal he can be part of, given he hasn’t wanted to buy it all.
    What does this mean. How do you continue your interest? By saying “yes” when someone asks if you’re still interested?
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

By getting a millionaire with at least twice as much money as he has to fly to the other side of the world over a two year period to help out his madcap scheme. How the fuck would he manage to do that ? 
    didn't muir make his money in the same industry as rd? who knows what deals go on - who cares in fact - my opinion is the aussie thing is a complete and utter load of nonsense   
  • 30th June keeps being mentioned so assume it’s some sort of exclusive lock out until then. I agree about the manager and he was very guarded over his contract etc so something has definitely happened and I bet he is in contact elsewhere, so it reads I’m not signing your contract but a slightly different one. Obvious trying not to upset Roland just in case and giving us fans a wink to the future 
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Who were the two Middle Eastern gentlemen sitting with Curbs? I saw it briefly on the big screen as the camera panned around at the final whistle during the celebrations 
    I saw that and wondered who they were
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

Refusing to pay twice what the club is worth is hardly pissing about is it? It's common sense.
    Then why not walk out then? If the Aussies had said 18 months ago "we've not managed to agree a price to buy Charlton Athletic Football Club, we wish them all the best but will now pursue other targets" that would have been a logical response if the price was the key issue. There's no shortage of available clubs, desperate for new owners.

That hasn't happened though, which suggests there are other issues.
  • DOUCHER said:
    "RD knows what a backlash there would be if he doesn't sell..."
    I don't know if you're a vicious troll or the most ludicrously optimistic rose-tinted glass half full lunatic yet born.
    What in the last 5 years has suggested to you that roly knows, or even remotely gets the first atom of an idea about anything to do with football, let alone Charlton?  He wouldn't recognise it even if he ever listened to any competent person's views.
    The delusional megalomaniac doesn't do failure - remember?  Relegations and massive losses are all the fault of the disgruntled former employee and the criminally misbehaving 2% dissenters, huh?
    None of what has transpired with Bowyer's squad this season will ever register with the septuagenarian Skeletor impersonator.
    It will take a serious psychological episode for him to do anything vaguely rational with Charlton.  Until then we're stuck with him.
      Leopards don't change their spots, least of all deaf, stupid, decrepit ones with brittle egos.  
    It's far more likely everything LB has built and achieved will wither and die from roly's neglect and idiocy, cos y'know losing €500k per month is only worth 2% of his time.

u need to calm down dear but i guess without all the over exaggerated bollox you wouldn't have anything to say
    It’s poetry to me. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Based on nothing other than a hunch, I think it's a done deal.  Maybe even this week.  

Bowyer said something that made me think it has been, as did the tone of some of the comms from the club.  It sounds like a badly kept secret. 
    Olly and George weren’t aware that GM and AM were in the Royal Box, and I doubt they were keeping anything under their hat (s) as of half an hour after the match. But you never know ;-)
    They weren’t in the royal box. There are multiple claims they were in hospitality, including a good friend of mine who was in there and is adamant they had a table of five, Muir was present, and that Murray went and spoke to them. He might be wrong but that’s what he believes he saw.
    I was told they were, but hospitality or Royal Box doesn't matter; the fact is they've come an awfully long way to see a football match. Muir in particular wouldn't do that unless something was afoot, you'd think.

Personally I'd now rather someone else bought the club (not Ashley), because it'd be a lot less stressful ;-)

Absolutely certain that Muir’s interest has continued. The question has been whether there is a deal he can be part of, given he hasn’t wanted to buy it all.
    What does this mean. How do you continue your interest? By saying “yes” when someone asks if you’re still interested?
    By looking for other routes to buying into the club than Gerard Murphy’s collapsed consortium.
  • 1635, The Royal Mail is made available to the public by Charles 1.
    Have been sending tickets to Bournemouth ever since.
  • JamesSeed said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

By looking for other routes to buying into the club than Gerard Murphy’s collapsed consortium.
    With Paul Elliott (+ others), somehow involved I wonder?
  • DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:

didn't muir make his money in the same industry as rd? who knows what deals go on - who cares in fact - my opinion is the aussie thing is a complete and utter load of nonsense   
    Nope. 
  • Muir made his money as owner of The Good Guys, a global chain that sold TV's and electronics. Not sure you had em there, but they rivaled Circuit City in the US during the 1990s.
  • edited May 2019
    Wasn’t the a Varney/Curbishley rumour? Maybe there are a few interested parties circling. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Wasnt some papers put in to the EFL from the Aussies?, could they have agreed a price for the club pending promotion, hence the waiting for the last of those papers to be handed in, makes some sense to me, and also why the Aussies have hung around so long.
  • My tipster said that Josh Harris was the buyer...but he hasn't sold palace yet, so i don't think it is viable.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Wasn’t the a Varney/Curbishley rumour? Maybe there are a few interested parties circling. 
    I think Roland is so bitter against Varney that he would rather keep the club another year and lose 10 more million.

• Why not? We're all getting excited/uptight about the future but Roly couldn't give a rat's arse about us or Charlton. Remember, to him it's pure business, no emotional attachment whatsoever and he only devotes 2% of his waking time to CAFC. "Y'all do the math" as our American cousins would say.
  • Curbs and Varney with a lot of funding behind them are in a good position to take over, taken from you know where. 
  • Massive news up here in the North East regarding the takeover of Newcastle Utd. Mike Ashley will have some spare dosh knocking about soon  ;)  
  • edited May 2019
    Hints of two Middle Eastern guys with Curbs at Wembley . Anything on that ?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!