Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• So we 'know' the 3 parties

Aussies
    Un-named Banker
    Secret British Party (that is probably a lie from RD)

who wins?
  • David White is an Ex director and said he has never met the owner, so unlike Richard Murray isn't in the inner loop.

Bob Whitehand is an ex PLC vice Chairman and isn't in the inner loop.

White and Whitehand can have their opinions BUT only Murray and LDT are in the inner loop and they are struggling to understand the ramblings of Duchatelet.

At least the standard story is pro active in trying to get Roland to reveal WTF or how much he wants.

There was me thinking that once Katrien Meire left we had about a year left of RD tenure.

• David White is an Ex director and said he has never met the owner, so unlike Richard Murray isn't in the inner loop.

White and Whitehand can have their opinions BUT only Murray and LDT are in the inner loop and they are struggling to understand the ramblings of Duchatelet.

At least the standard story is pro active in trying to get Roland to reveal WTF or how much he wants.

There was me thinking that once Katrien Meire left we had about a year left of RD tenure.

He has. More than £30 mill.

I believe it was the seller that pushed this out there. Not the other way round.

I believe it was the seller that pushed this out there. Not the other way round.
    Surely that can’t be right. There is allegedly a BID of £30 million. 
  • I feel that we are near the full circle on this one now, and can all start standing down?
  • 1905 said:
    I feel that we are near the full circle on this one now, and can all start standing down?

Makes no sense. 
  • J BLOCK said:
    David White is an Ex director and said he has never met the owner, so unlike Richard Murray isn't in the inner loop.

Makes no sense. 

Yeah. Because in the world of Duchatelet everything makes sense!

You people!
  • Sponsored links:

• Sooooooo what’s the latest, what have I missed?
  • iamdan said:
    Sooooooo what’s the latest, what have I missed?
    Jesus, and how to feed fishes and bread to stretch to 1566 pages 
  • iamdan said:
    Sooooooo what’s the latest, what have I missed?
    There's no short answer I'm afraid you will just have to sort out the wheat from the chaff  ;)
  • I was down the Valley earlier and I saw the first signing of the new regime down there. Shouldn't really be posting this but... image
    Hate to burst your fake bubble, but next time can you make it factually correct. We already have a number 11 in Fosu, so its impossible Neymar would get the 11 shirt, unless it was sanctioned by the Football League to change Fosus number
    Oh dear lord
    Whats this mean @CharltonByBlood It was clearly a joke based on @Rufus_Ambition original joke.
    Oh dear Lord (again)

Don't think that's the case at all.
  • cafcwill said:
    So we 'know' the 3 parties

Aussies
    Un-named Banker
    Secret British Party (that is probably a lie from RD)

who wins?
    There's only one way to sort this out...get Harry Hill on the blower
  • Hex said:
    JamesSeed said:
    If that’s true, I wonder at which stage he became involved. Oct ‘17 or before?
    Unlikely to have been before as he was 'involved' elsewhere.
    Gardikiotis? This goes back to the issue of the "two Australians bids". I could never connect Gardikiotis to Murphy/Muir, other than overlap of nationality. If Murray was working with Gardikiotis and there were indeed two separate approaches here, there would have been a conflict of interest in him representing the club with Murphy/Muir, wouldn't there?
    It wasn't Gardikiotis.
  • 1566, Pope Plus V becomes the 225th pope.
  • Sponsored links:

• If we're doing Shakespeare, I'll throw in:

"...it is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing"

Enter a messenger
  • ... it is significantly more than Duchatelet originally paid, and he has hardly improved anything!
    We have a winner!! Euphemism of the decade award goes to Muttley, congratulations!

Resurfaced the pitch - tick.
    Erm, anything else?  Anybody?
    Depleted the squad, team management, support staff and overheads to get team relegated a division to make it all cheaper to run? That's an improvement right?
    Umm - depleted the numbers attending by 2/3 so there's much more space around the place on matchday and it's all much quieter, that's better isn't it? No? Whaddaya mean no?  It's like you know the square root of naff all about football, huh?

Without knowing who 'the bidder' is, how can you possibly know it wasn't RD playing smoke and mirrors, again?

He definitely rejected £35m last week. 

Without knowing who 'the bidder' is, how can you possibly know it wasn't RD playing smoke and mirrors, again?
    Quite. And that statement in the Standard stunk of Roland.
  • ... it is significantly more than Duchatelet originally paid, and he has hardly improved anything!
    We have a winner!! Euphemism of the decade award goes to Muttley, congratulations!

Resurfaced the pitch - tick.
    Erm, anything else?  Anybody?
    Depleted the squad, team management, support staff and overheads to get team relegated a division to make it all cheaper to run? That's an improvement right?
    Umm - depleted the numbers attending by 2/3 so there's much more space around the place on matchday and it's all much quieter, that's better isn't it? No? Whaddaya mean no?  It's like you know the square root of naff all about football, huh?
    Don't forget the pipes! Ok, no boiler to heat them with, but they are there!
  • JamesSeed said:
    David White is an Ex director and said he has never met the owner, so unlike Richard Murray isn't in the inner loop.

Says who?
  • edited March 2019
    He has improved comfort inside the ground - you can buy a ticket with nobody either side of you and really stretch out.

In all seriousness, what seems a bit strange for somebody selling the club is that the price is a secret. You would think you would want it out there to attract buyers!
  • JamesSeed said:

Says who?
    Can't say who, but it's someone closely connected to one of the bidders. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!