Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Simonsen said:

Away from the puns for a second why do people think its Mark Warburton?

The link mentioned that the Banker has experience with Premier League clubs but he's never been involved in that respect unless of course it means dealt with clubs when he was a Banker before going to Brentford?

Wasn't he at Watford?
    With the Academy between 2006 and 2010 reading through his Wiki entry so potentially joined them the year they got relegated from the Premier League with us - They then didnt return to the top flight until 2015
  • Warburton leaves his farmhouse with his bread and buys the assets of Baton 
  • I know they do crumpets......but what about vol au vents?
    Think that's just a load of waffle...
  • These bread puns are a real pain
    They sure are, they should be using their loaf and concentrating on the bid, which, in my opinion, is "Brown Bread" before it's even started I think.
  • edited March 2019
    @Airman Brown reporting that Murray was / is involved  in the Aussie bid 
  • edited March 2019
    RedChaser said:

The link mentioned that the Banker has experience with Premier League clubs but he's never been involved in that respect unless of course it means dealt with clubs when he was a Banker before going to Brentford?

Currency dealer and Scottish Prem ;) .

RedChaser said:

Currency dealer and Scottish Prem ;) .
    And at yeast he’s using his loaf. 
  • _MrDick said:
    Ah! If so it's no wonder Muzza has had his head down, NDA and a conflict of interest! You just knew he would be lurking in the background.
  • RedChaser said:
    Would take a punt this mystery banker bid will have a familiar face (in Charlton terms) attached to it
    What you thinking boss RM or Reg? :open_mouth:
    RM then  :s  
  • I Don’t believe a word of any of it 
    This
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    If correct, that would explain a lot ... particularly Roland’s apparent preference for this consortium. 
  • 1563, The English surrender Le Havre to the French.
  • edited March 2019
    And that folks would explain why The Aussies were always 'The Preferred Bid'.

Murray just can't help himself yet again putting his own interests ahead of those of the club.
    I think Murray would try to insert himself into any deal, to be honest, and that’s also why I believe he would be keen to block any deal involving Varney.
    That may be so Airman.......but would Goldfinger be influenced by anything Murray has to say......at one time that may have been the case but I doubt it is nowadays?
  • edited March 2019
    If that’s true, I wonder at which stage he became involved. Oct ‘17 or before?
  • I Don’t believe a word of any of it 
    Big home game coming up - unfounded takeover rumour appears. Round we go again.
  • iaitch said:
    So Murray is only out for himself and to hell with the club? 

So is Roland, that's why he won't speak out about Roland.
  • Sponsored links:

• iaitch said:
    I don’t think it’s as simple as that. I think Murray has behaved badly and the thing with Varney has been damaging to the club, but he will likely see the club’s interest as coinciding with his. People can have more than one motivation at the same time - Mike Norris, for example, was both a property developer and a genuine Charlton fan.
  • This revelation will get a rise out of everyone... sorry are we still on buns I mean puns?
  • Anyone got a link or photo of the SLP story.

David White is one of the good guys and has always wanted what is best for the club.

What was the context of RM visiting DW with one of the Aussies?
  • iaitch said:
    Shock.
  • Anyone got a link or photo of the SLP story.

David White is one of the good guys and has always wanted what is best for the club.

What was the context of RM visiting DW with one of the Aussies?
    Says in his twitter blog that he’s a committed brexiteer so how can he be good if he’s a xenophobic uneducated little englander?

*grabs popcorn
  • These bread puns are a real pain
    Shurley you mean Pan Henry?
  • Chants against Murray this Saturday, time he knew how we feel about him. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!