Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• My only worry is that this person is a FORMER banker, implying that s/he weren't that good at it. 
    Or was very good at it!
  • edited March 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Maybe this new offer includes paying off the previous shareholders?  Was that always a sticking point in RD's eyes?
    It might do in which case price for the club would only be £23m otherwise the cost to the purchaser rises to £37m. Alternatively the former Directors' charges can be left in place and rolled over. @Davidsmith any snippets?
    Glad I was on the same page as Bob Whitehand :sunglasses:.
  • My only worry is that this person is a FORMER banker, implying that s/he weren't that good at it. 
    Or was very good at it!
    Confident he won’t accept the offer then airman? 
  • Missed It said:
    £30m for Charlton, training ground, stadium, the lot still seems overpriced to me. 

Roland demanding the EFL take the club off his hands is a whacked out idea and suggests a growing desparation and  frustration at the situation dragging on and making him look like a crazy old shitbird.  

Hopefully, he's on the verge of packing it in and will take a one off, all in cash payment to get shot of us troublesome peasants.

I can dream anyway.
    It does seem a lot but football has gone crazy since he bought us. 30mil would only just about cover Mbappes knob if PSG decide to sell him. 
  • surely rd is now under more pressure than ever and it seems he is breaking. my hope is that this is enough for him to walk.
  • edited March 2019
    Would take a punt this mystery banker bid will have a familiar face (in Charlton terms) attached to it
    What you thinking boss RM or Reg? :open_mouth:
  • Sponsored links:

• Well..... Is it ever going to end?? It doesn't feel like it does it, we've had everyone who could be linked, linked. The asking prices is too high and he won't budge, so we dribble on. 

We can guarantee that within 30 years we won't be owned by him, he's not living past 100, but that's it, that's the baseline for me, his death. 

I refuse to get excited as I've been there and seen it and it doesn't happen. 

• Doubt than any first offer would be what a buyer would be willing to pay, might be the opening offer with willingness to meet the seller part way. That's how most transactions go, don't they? Hope this is real.
  • seth plum said:
    Image result for no hope gif
    I preferred the robin.
  • edited March 2019
    Is it normal for a outgoing owner to get payments in future years for promotions ?
    So many bizarre things happen in the world of football which is different to other businesses. Until Alan Sugar came along it was brown envelopes and meetings with managers at service stations and no paperwork involved.

I'm not talking about the 7 million to ex directors but would any new owner accept a covenant saying that Duchatelet should get a payment if we get promotions in the next few years ?
    In Belgium, Duchatelet got payments which are normally only paid to agents in England.

It sounds like the English football system totally befuddled Roland.

• It has probably been made public by the bidder to put some pressure on Duchatelet to sell. If this is correct, there must be an expectation, or at least a suspicion that he won't sell at that price. Even though it seems more than generous considering it is significantly more than Duchatelet originally paid, and he has hardly improved anything!
    This, short, concise and to the point.
    Your a top dog Muttley.

This offer is an opening gambit but Duchatelet's been wounded and it's difficult how he will react. I still believe pressure from his nearest and dearest:
    his Son Roderick, his partner, his accountant and Sue Parkes would help to get this deal done.

• Also, we’ve lost our history updates so 

1556 Thomas Cranmer was burnt at the stake for treason & heresy. 
    Hooray!
  • Is it normal for a outgoing owner to get payments in future years for promotions ?
    So many bizarre things happen in the world of football which is different to other businesses. Until Alan Sugar came along it was brown envelopes and meetings with managers at service stations and no paperwork involved.

I'm not talking about the 7 million to ex directors but would any new owner accept a covenant saying that Duchatelet should get a payment if we get promotions in the next few years ?
    In Belgium, Duchatelet got payments which are normally only paid to agents in England.

This 100%. Current owner fails to invest in his business......sells stock on the cheap & doesn't use the proceeds to buy new stock, trying to get by with outdated or untried stuff. 

Sells business for more than he paid for it, having trousers profits over the last few years. New owner spend  money on new stock & reduces prices. Company flourishes & old owner wants an ongoing dividend now that company is doing a lot better.

Bonkers.
  • edited March 2019
    stonemuse said:
    1559, Henry11 of France killed in a jousting accident.
    Too soon :wink:
    A royal copping it is never too soon.
  • 1559, Henry11 of France killed in a jousting accident.
    Hooray!
  • Sponsored links:

• 1560, a total eclipse of the Sun can be seen in Europe.
    1983, A Total Eclipse of the Heart can, unfortunately, be heard in Streatham
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo
  • 1561, Madrid becomes the capital of Spain. It was previously Toledo.
    Madrid was previously Toledo?  That must have been confusing for the postman.
  • Is it normal for a outgoing owner to get payments in future years for promotions ?

This 100%. Current owner fails to invest in his business......sells stock on the cheap & doesn't use the proceeds to buy new stock, trying to get by with outdated or untried stuff. 

Sells business for more than he paid for it, having trousers profits over the last few years. New owner spend  money on new stock & reduces prices. Company flourishes & old owner wants an ongoing dividend now that company is doing a lot better.

Bonkers.
    While I agree with your general point, RD has not made a profit, he's lost a fortune.
  • My intel is telling me that it is a consortium of @colin1961? @DOUCHER @NapaAddick and the real reason they dropped off the thread is now apparent.

I tried to purchase the club for the £1 that RD mentioned in the press but I discovered that he was misquoted. He did not say he would “sell the club for £1,” he actually said he would “sell the fan’s couch for £1.” He then told me I was £69,999,999 short on the rest. I’ve come up with another £99 but am worried it won’t get the job done. 
  • edited March 2019
    My intel is telling me that it is a consortium of @colin1961? @DOUCHER @NapaAddick and the real reason they dropped off the thread is now apparent.

I tried to purchase the club for the £1 that RD mentioned in the press but I discovered that he was misquoted. He did not say he would “sell the club for £1,” he actually said he would “sell the fan’s couch for £1.” He then told me I was £69,999,999 short on the rest. I’ve come up with another £99 but am worried it won’t get the job done. 
    Hey @ForeverAddickted another one to join our consortium maybe? if we let @NapaAddick join what will we have then?
  • Would take a punt this mystery banker bid will have a familiar face (in Charlton terms) attached to it
    David Campbell or Paul Miller perhaps 
    Answer the question yourself, as you’re a former shopkeeper, I believe.
  • I don’t have any info but my guess is Mark Warburton
  • Cue a lot of bread puns.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!