Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:
    I don’t have any info but my guess is Mark Warburton
    Heard he’s got a lot of bread.
  • @iaitch that kind of challenge will certainly seperate the wheat from the chaff 
  • Brilliant, now we’re on wheat related puns. Whoever it is needs to wrap this deal up quickly.
  • Everyone will want a slice of this deal.
  • Has he got the dough?
  • Only if he's got enough dough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Let’s hope he’s got a smart brain full of ideas to get us promoted in his loaf
  • @AFKABartram will be pleased to know, he’s buying The Millers too...
  • Wonder what his first batch of signings will be?
  • I’ve haddock enough of this.
  • Is this a half baked idea or will a bid finally rise to the occasion. We knead this to happen now.
  • I just hope he's not a seedy character.
  • Crumbs what a surprise.
  • Redhenry said:
    I don’t have any info but my guess is Mark Warburton
    I'd toast to that. 
  • Bloke hasn’t got a crust. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I’ve haddock enough of this.
    Just roll with it.
  • RedChaser said:
    I just hope he's not a seedy character.
    No offence of course @JamesSeed 😉.
  • I know they do crumpets......but what about vol au vents?
  • Away from the puns for a second why do people think its Mark Warburton?

The link mentioned that the Banker has experience with Premier League clubs but he's never been involved in that respect unless of course it means dealt with clubs when he was a Banker before going to Brentford?

• Away from the puns for a second why do people think its Mark Warburton?

The link mentioned that the Banker has experience with Premier League clubs but he's never been involved in that respect unless of course it means dealt with clubs when he was a Banker before going to Brentford?

Wasn't he at Watford?
  • Chizz said:
    He's selling. If nothing else comes from this thread of almost 150 pages, at least we can take away this one fact: he's selling. He may not be selling today, or this week, or this month. But, he's selling. We all want to know who the new owners are, what the price will be, how much money they've got, what their plans are, who we might sign and what is going to happen to The Valley. All of these remain firmly up in the air. But there's one, cast-iron fact we know: he's selling. He won't want to lose more money. Despite how some people present the opportunities to offset losses against tax, he doesn't want to lose more money. No-one does. It's a stain on his business record, it's a loss to his prestige, it's a drag on his resources and it's a diminution of his - and his family's - wealth. So, either sooner or later, there is no doubt, whatsoever: he's selling. I want to know when and I want to know what's next. But, I can wait. And, if he's reading this, I have one message for him - I can wait longer than you, Roland. Not least because, unlike you, Roland, I have nothing to lose. And that's why this thread - despite being inconclusive on a number of issues so far - is so heartening, uplifting and positive. Because, sooner or later, there's no doubt about it now: he's selling.
    He might still be selling but doesn't appear to have been too worried about losing more money otherwise he would have done so by now.He doesn't seem to realise that, eventually, he will run out of players worth anything to sell. And I'm afraid the "heartening, uplifting and positive" ship carrying my hopes that he would do so sooner rather than later sailed some time ago.

Would be ecstatic to be proven wrong and for it to happen before next season though.

• edited March 2019

Away from the puns for a second why do people think its Mark Warburton?

Currency dealer and Scottish Prem ;) .
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!