Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• PaddyP17 said:
    Seems @seth plum has discovered GIF’s 😉
    I'm really late on this but it's genuinely like watching man discover fire.

Or when he successfully set up hands-free Bluetooth phone calling in the car without my help. I'm still astonished at that to this day.
    My son derives the same sort of perverse pleasure at my technophobia @P@PaddyP17   ;)
  • Interesting read. I would not necessary assume on Murray’s involvement with the Aussie group from that as the Aussie group seems to have changed significantly in 18 months and it wasn’t expressed what actually was the purpose of that meeting.

Equally not writing it off though. 
    99% sure he wasn’t involved with GM group, not as part of consortium at least.

Possibly offered to ‘help’ the negotiations, possibly in the hope of a continuing role at the club. [My speculation only].
  • I would have thought that RM taking a prospective buyer to meet Mr White would be a good thing. 
  • Am I missing something?
    The article didn't really confirm that Murray was involved in the bid.
    Just said he went round to Whitehands place with the Aussies.

So effectively reps for the buyer and seller approaching those owed.

I'm always one of the first to jump down muddled Murray's throat but would air on the side of caution in this circumstance.
    White not Whitehand. Agree your interpretation might be reasonable, but in October 2017 the board’s position was that the club wasn't for sale. As per the Robinson article, the “member of the board” denied the story. That was always a peculiar construction if he meant the chief executive or Roland. Why not just name them?
  • Also, next page, a good read on young Kevin Lisbie, still playing at 40(!!)
    Can we sign him up?

23 goals in 25 games..
  • Hex said:
    JamesSeed said:
    If that’s true, I wonder at which stage he became involved. Oct ‘17 or before?
    Unlikely to have been before as he was 'involved' elsewhere.
    Gardikiotis? This goes back to the issue of the "two Australians bids". I could never connect Gardikiotis to Murphy/Muir, other than overlap of nationality. If Murray was working with Gardikiotis and there were indeed two separate approaches here, there would have been a conflict of interest in him representing the club with Murphy/Muir, wouldn't there?
  • 1564, William Shakespeare born.

All the world’s a stage, and all the Charlton Life men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man Richard Murray, in his time plays many parts.

As You Like it

Roland Duchatelet and Richard Murray if you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

The Merchant of Venice

The web of our Charlton life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.

All's well That Ends Well (let's bloody hope so)

To sell or not to sell that is the question
  • Rye, oh rye do we have to have bread puns?
  • Rye, oh rye do we have to have bread puns?
    To bake or not to bake that is the question
  • Sponsored links:

• 15 new pages in less than 24 hours.

Wait till the next bombshell hits

Viva the takeover thread.
  • @Airman Brown have we now had your various sources on the takeover, that you were expecting?  

If we have they are an ex-director saying that, as we all know, Roland is a snake and has no ambition for the cub and all rumours of an imminent sale were grossly exaggerated and that an actual offer may have been made by an ex-banker.
  • 1565, Ottoman troops begin the Siege of Malta.
  • edited March 2019
    cfgs said:
    @Airman Brown have we now had your various sources on the takeover, that you were expecting?  

If we have they are an ex-director saying that, as we all know, Roland is a snake and has no ambition for the cub and all rumours of an imminent sale were grossly exaggerated and that an actual offer may have been made by an ex-banker.
    These are the two third-party stories I knew about when I tweeted yesterday.
  • edited March 2019
    1564, William Shakespeare born.

All the world’s a stage, and all the Charlton Life men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances; And one man Richard Murray, in his time plays many parts.

As You Like it

Roland Duchatelet and Richard Murray if you prick us, do we not bleed? If you tickle us, do we not laugh? If you poison us, do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

The Merchant of Venice

The web of our Charlton life is of a mingled yarn, good and ill together.

All's well That Ends Well (let's bloody hope so)

To sell or not to sell that is the question
    That is the 30 £million question,
    Or was it 35 £million question,
    Or was it 70 £million question ?
  • cfgs said:
    @Airman Brown have we now had your various sources on the takeover, that you were expecting?  

These are the two third-party stories I knew about when I tweeted yesterday.
    Thanks.
  • edited March 2019
    Amazes me how people don't want to believe what a former director has to say on the matter, has given a full and frank interview, but there are people that believe what is reported in the Mail, Standard for a "source". It has been stated for sometime by NLA all what was said within the article and was totally dismissed.

That’s hardly a coincidence, is it? But I have also been in contact with David White today and he is quite clear he is giving opinions. He isn’t involved in the way that people briefing the papers are. Doesn’t make the latter definitive or mean DW is wrong but the former directors aren’t as close to the process.
  • @Airman Brown

When you spoke to Dave did he clarify the point about Murray being part of the Aussie consortium?

If only DW posted on here.
  • edited March 2019
    @Airman Brown

When you spoke to Dave did he clarify the point about Murray being part of the Aussie consortium?

If only DW posted on here.
    No. I’m sure he’ll clarify that if he wants to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Maybe Tom Hovis can come back as a coach
  • @Airman Brown do you know if the banker has even done due diligence yet?
  • 1565, Ottoman troops begin the Siege of Malta.
    Slightly later in 1565, the Knights of Malta lift the Siege, after about 4 months.
  • @Airman Brown

Yesterday you hinted that there was more information to come today. Is that still the case or is that it for the time being ? TIA
  • DW gave an opinion so how can he be wrong? It's  an opinion
    That’s what Airman said. 
    An opinion can be factually wrong. He could be wrong that RD didn't replace KAG because he doesn't want promotion; he could be wrong about the price. It's still a valid opinion.
  • @Airman Brown

Yesterday you hinted that there was more information to come today. Is that still the case or is that it for the time being ? TIA
    Nothing else today that I know about.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!