Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• 1557, Spain becomes bankrupt.
    Another good reason for Brexit 
  • 8 pages to 1566 C'MON!
  • edited March 2019
    Usmanov has an investment background plus football experience.
  • My hopes are not up because we know the bloke is a deluded old fool and he has no understanding that land values are meaningless when you can't build houses on the land! He is clearly being offered significantly more than he paid for the club. Had he got us into the Premiership, would he have deducted all the money he made from the club and sell us for a tenner?  
  • matt88 said:
    The Standard article, if to be believed, does say the 'man' behind the bid which wouldn't point to Staveley.
    A Man, Derrrr 
  • 1559, Henry11 of France killed in a jousting accident.
  • Seems to think £30m would do it, not sure if that’s just him applying the same logic as any other sane person or maybe he knows this ‘more’ yet to come out. https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1103722479753850880?s=21
  • Reallisically Rat has one option. Take a haircut and lose SOME money, or hit the buffers and lose ALL of his money (in the club). Astute business men/women will sit tight. The silly old Twunt just won't accept this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sorry 2 options!

• 1559, Henry11 of France killed in a jousting accident.

I'm looking forward to the South Sea Bubble, or is that the name of one of the Aussie bidders?
  • Sollied said:
    Nicola Cortese? Banker and used to work with Southampton. Seemed to be highly regarded there too
    Roland won’t sell to a foreigner. The EFL won’t let it happen.
    Why ? 
  • Noel-"The banker has called Roland £35M so its down to you deal or no deal"
    Hope Roland takes the box 📦 and when he opens it, it has 1p in it.
    Could think of alot worse things to put in a box than 1p

A full angry Wasp nest for 1
  • CAFCsayer said:
    Amanda Staveley??? 
    She is a major broker and made a fortune when she introduced Man city and Sheikh Mansour. Even though she could afford to buy CAFC I would imagine she could act as a middle woman and cop a few million.

She has so many contacts in the middle East. Would they be interested in a League 1 club ? Would Roland sell to Foreigners from the land of sand ?

• Sollied said:
    Nicola Cortese? Banker and used to work with Southampton. Seemed to be highly regarded there too
    Why ? 
    Because Roland told the EFL that they shouldn’t let foreigners buy a EFL club.
  • Usmanov has an investment background plus football experience.
    It's not him. He took a brief look in the autumn and said "nah." He's anyway winding down his interests in the UK.
  • Sollied said:
    Why ? 
    You said the EFL won’t let it happen ? That’s just nonsense. 
  • Sollied said:
    Why ? 
    You said the EFL won’t let it happen ? That’s just nonsense. 
    Nonsense or a joke based on what Roland has said recently
  • Sponsored links:

• Usmanov has an investment background plus football experience.
    Yes wondered about this in 1550  on page 1550, more likely then Stavely I would of thought.
    Could think of alot worse things to put in a box than 1p

A full angry Wasp nest for 1
    I'd shit in it  
  • Sollied said:
    Why ? 
    If they have the money  he won't care who it is  
  • Seems to think £30m would do it, not sure if that’s just him applying the same logic as any other sane person or maybe he knows this ‘more’ yet to come out. https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1103722479753850880?s=21
    Well, what appears to have been the case in the past is that people can get past the asking price and then something stops bidders in their tracks which slows everything down. It's troubling, but I worry there's some leftover horror show from the Spivs that stops sensible business people from buying us. RD did about a 45 second due diligence when he bought us. If that's the case then the price of the club is immaterial
    Well, what appears to have been the case in the past is that people can get past the asking price and then something stops bidders in their tracks which slows everything down. It's troubling, but I worry there's some leftover horror show from the Spivs that stops sensible business people from buying us. RD did about a 45 second due diligence when he bought us. If that's the case then the price of the club is immaterial
    I used to think there was some skeletons in our trophy cabinet ( plenty of room) but I think it was Airman who posted that it wasn’t the case.
    I used to think there was some skeletons in our trophy cabinet ( plenty of room) but I think it was Airman who posted that it wasn’t the case.
    There was some legal stuff that took the Aussies’ lawyers an age to untangle. 
    I hope for GM’s sake he’d be able to sell on those legals to new buyers?
  • IdleHans said:
    stonemuse said:
    1559, Henry11 of France killed in a jousting accident.
    Too soon :wink:
    I dont know - 460 years should be enough time to get over it
    I don’t know - I still won’t be over Bailey’s Swindon penalty in 460 or so years! 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!