Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• This is the sole reason why I didnt boycott - After five years of having something else to do I probably wouldnt so didnt want to run the risk
    Never understand it and never will, you support the club through thick and thin regardless. How a billionaire will lose sleep over someone’s 250 quid escapes me.Lets be honest he dug his heels in for five years
    True but they've equally stood by something they believe in and you could argue that by boycotting they've helped speed up the sale - Roland is so rich that £250 dont matter if he receives it or not but he's gotten rich by making every penny he can so will always appreciate every penny he gets!!
  • This is the sole reason why I didnt boycott - After five years of having something else to do I probably wouldnt so didnt want to run the risk
    Never understand it and never will, you support the club through thick and thin regardless. How a billionaire will lose sleep over someone’s 250 quid escapes me.Lets be honest he dug his heels in for five years
    True but they've equally stood by something they believe in and you could argue that by boycotting they've helped speed up the sale - Roland is so rich that £250 dont matter if he receives it or not but he's gotten rich by making every penny he can so will always appreciate every penny he gets!!
    But can you get moments back in life by being stubborn. ? He must have done something right life to get the wealth he has,let’s be honest people were doing cartwheels when he bought us and found out his wealth.
  • Nug said:

Too soon?

Would Richard Murray sell his stake to the Aussies as well then?
  • Nug said:

Too soon?

Would Richard Murray sell his stake to the Aussies as well then?
    He hasn’t got a stake.

• Before I get excited over this latest saga, which I don’t except as a done deal until it’s done, I want to know a few things about the new owner/s.
    Namely, what is their intentions for our club?
    Will they finance it in a way that it be able to compete?
    Will they continue with the policy of putting our young talent in the shop window to sell after a handful of games?
    If they are , as we suspect Australians, will we end up being part of an Aussie network ?
    I won’t be buying a season ticket until I know they share the same feelings as I do for Charlton Athletic.
    God help us if Bruce Thurman turns up at the training ground unannounced.
  • If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
  • Sponsored links:

• Nug said:

Too soon?

Let's have that one again next week (hopefully) @Nug
  • If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
    Out of genuine curiosity... If he doesnt care about the £250 from the boycotts why do you think he's called it quits?

Protests damaging his "image"? | Losing too much money regardless? | Just doesnt care anymore? | All three?
  • Uboat said:

Can a moderator ban this idiot.

A promote!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2019
    PeteF said:

Is it done yet? asking for a friend.

Well if KillersBeard don't know Pete :wink:
  • edited January 2019
    cabbles said:

Uboat said:

Can a moderator ban this idiot.

A promote!!!!!!!
    I don't know they're like bloody 'A' and 'O' levels these days, giving them away like confetti :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

Out of genuine curiosity... If he doesnt care about the £250 from the boycotts why do you think he's called it quits?

Protests damaging his "image"? | Losing too much money regardless? | Just doesnt care anymore? | All three?
    Let’s be honest, we all hoped it would force him out a long time ago. Personally don’t think he cared too much about the money, maybe a bit about his image. Think he has had enough for well over a year, but was too stupid to realise his asking price was ridiculously high.
  • What moments - relegation? There are people in life that let people sh*t on them beacuse they can't do anything to stop it and people who stand up and say I'm not having it. The first category are the Sure Parkes of this world and the second try to do what they think is right. I have been a boycotter, but a rubbish one. I still go to most games although I have stopped buying a season ticket and try not to buy anything from the club outside of a ticket. I admire those that feel strongly enough to force themselves not to go and have a stronger resolve than me.

Personally, I think it is important that some people continued to go and some boycotted. I liken it to our Sellout days. The club needed the few supporters that followed them there, of which I was one, and equally it needed those that were never going to accept that move. At the time I felt it was only damaging the club to boycott, but had they not boycotted, I doubt we would have had the memorable years we did.

Charlton have always been a club that have been in relegation dogfights and eventually it catches up,with you. We had a good time of it in the mid 2000’s for several years, but where are them fans now on a Saturday afternoon. ?Half of them went well before he took over.
    Things that will always stick in my throat was when so called protesters slagged off me and my son for daring to go into the club shop and buy the new top for him as well as a well known poster on here who wanted to call me out as well question my support when he didn’t know my circumstances.
    Regards to Sue Parkes she should he kept her mouth shout, but let’s be honest she was and still is publicly humiliated, she is a woman in her 60’s and to be honest if someone said that about my missus I would hit the roof. Personally her husband has done a fantastic job for the club and every manager always speak highly of him.

Let’s be honest, we all hoped it would force him out a long time ago. Personally don’t think he cared too much about the money, maybe a bit about his image. Think he has had enough for well over a year, but was too stupid to realise his asking price was ridiculously high.
    You have to raise the question though

If protests / boycotts didnt happen then would he be happy continuing as he is, especially as our Academy isnt slowing down with Morgan etc. coming through

Whilst it didnt happen as quickly as many would have hoped; the protests / boycotts still played a big part in getting us where we are now
    Yes I would probably agree with that. And to be honest, when he goes I am not going to be particularly bothered, if will be the end of a terrible time and will be a time we should move forward and get excited at last.
  • Scoham said:

A source on the forum that shall not be named has confirmed the takeover is 100% on and will be completed by Wednesday at the very latest.

Hopefully be Tuesday - Im off looking after my son that days due to a lack of childcare

Means I can shout YESSS without having to control my excitement in the Office and then laugh apologetically as it once again makes him cry
    But can you get moments back in life by being stubborn. ? He must have done something right life to get the wealth he has,let’s be honest people were doing cartwheels when he bought us and found out his wealth.
    They've not really missed any moments under Roland have they though? - Maybe getting to see a future England star in Defence

End of the day he'd still have reason to be here if he was getting good attendances; with those figures going down it highlighted his failures (like what Muttley mentions) and eventually made him realise there wasnt any reward out of owning us so decided amongst other factors to give up
    I enjoyed JBG, Buyens, Tony Watt in the last few minutes when he took liberties, Jose Riga, bringing Bowyer in, back end of last season, this season has seen of the best football in years, as well as watching a hard working spirited team, but then there are other things in life that are totally out of our control and you realise life is to short. Look at Newcastle and the arse that owns them, what do there fans do?
  • The new owners might be wise to do a £5 for all game first up, gives it a chance to fill it to the max
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!