Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• shirty5 said:

From the white transcript below. Why is Monday and Tuesday so crucial?

Too many "shoulds".
  • And if anyone iflrl
    bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Maybe they don't need to raise finance against the assets, and are happy to let the non-interest bearing loans sit there knowing that should they get to the promised land the first £7m of the £100m+ Prem dividend is used to clear the charges.

We also don't have details of exactly how much they might have paid, and this could have been negotiated down to reflect the outstanding loans.
    Which is what I said months & months ago. The ex-director loans are a drop in the ocean if/when we get to the Pram
    They are only paid back then. No interest due either. Could be in 3 years.....could be in 30 years.

If any owner need a to start taking loans secured on the club/ground then they are not the owner you want.
  • RedChaser said:

Come on, 1400 pages are within sight.

Going out to eat at Belgo tonight in anticipation.

WiOTOS

I notice you've accumulated 2 promotes at last Henners, welcome to the club :wink:
    2 survivers from the 37 I once had but I've moved on now.
  • shirty5 said:

He needs to get off the fence and give us his opinion.
  • RedChaser said:

Come on, 1400 pages are within sight.

Going out to eat at Belgo tonight in anticipation.

WiOTOS

I notice you've accumulated 2 promotes at last Henners, welcome to the club :wink:
    2 survivers from the 37 I once had but I've moved on now.
    I should have at least 6 myself.
    It's not been the same since Ibborg got the bullet.
    Sad times on Charlton life.
  • We're also at 4.7m views so 5m is doable
  • Good match to be in the posh seats tomorrow at then
  • ross1 said:

January 04, 2019
    Talksport is reporting that Charlton Athletic will be sold by Monday or Tuesday of next week. The Australian consortium has passed the fit and proper person test.

Can we get confirmation of that from the EFL?
    Bump
  • Sponsored links:

• #TeamWIOTOS
  • edited January 2019

Good match to be in the posh seats tomorrow at then

Me too. Birthday treat from @LiveByTheSword.

Will be my first home game of the season.
  • shirty5 said:

He's gonna look a right dick if it doesnt go through.
    'What I said on Friday was information that I was given in good faith. However, we're now hearing...'

One last push
  • If Roland is buying the debt from the ex directors maybe speaking to them would be the first step

So unless that happens I’d say the charge is rolling on not being purchased

One last push

I hope you're ready with a 'Sale Confirmed' edit for the title. It would be awful* if another thread came along and stole the glory.

*hilarious
  • I won't quite believe it until the 'It's Happening' thingy is the official site.

• Be good if they could anounce the takeover on Saturday before ko 👍⚽
  • Sponsored links:

• Nearly page 1400 😎
  • I might go West Stand just because of the low sun
  • WSS said:

If Roland is buying the debt from the ex directors maybe speaking to them would be the first step

If only you could ask somebody...
    There ain’t that many of them I will open the black book and go through the list

Good match to be in the posh seats tomorrow at then

Never a good match to be in the posh seats

You’ve changed:-)

Embrace change don’t resist it that’s what a wise old bottle of wine once told me
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Or they have no need to raise finance against the assets.
    But with a desperate seller like Roland wouldn't you make him pay off those Loans as part of the deal, even if you are a Billionaire you want clean title to the thing you are purchasing.
    At least two other buyers wanted clean title,that's why Roland presented a low ball bid to Ex Directors and got told to go forth, in fact one was probably the Aussies.
    Maybe the Aussies have spent 6 months trying to negotiate this and have decided to bite the bullet and by the club
  • edited January 2019

If Roland is buying the debt from the ex directors maybe speaking to them would be the first step

Perhaps you’re right but all he has to do is pay it. It’s the buyer who has to be satisfied it has been discharged. If he pays full whack there’s nothing to discuss. Similarly if it’s rolled over they don’t have to be consulted. Anyway, they could always ask RM tomorrow...

One last push

I hate to imagine how many on screen notifications you've received from people commenting on this thread :smile:
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Mal said:

Charlton Soul

@CharltonSoul
    29m29 minutes ago
    More
    @JimWhite round up

- People brokering the deal have said that club will change hands Monday. (Australians)

- Money is there and been confirmed

- Thought to be in the region of 20-30 million

- 'I know some charlton fans are sceptical but I’m on the money with this one'

Are you doucher in disguise ? he assured us weeks/months/years ago he would be the first to let us know
    can't confirm yet but lets just say that I've swung into the 'this could well be imminent' group
    From first to know to last to know :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nox57hdgeAU
    All rumours at the moment - will let u know when something concrete happens!!!! Just hope we get a good crowd tomorrow now
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!