Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• shirty5 said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Ok. That's interesting. Thanks
    Depressing more like, although maybe Roland reduced the price accordingly,.
  • cfgs said:

I am building an effigy of Roly to burn early next week when he finally sells, if it comes to nothing I will remove the tape from the shoes and rename it Jim White. Burn the heretic.

We get payed to put em out not set em alight.
    Extra training for you my friend. 😉
    Crap I knew I was doing something wrong.
  • seth plum said:

Scoham said:
    Going straight into Bartrams for a cheeky swift one first.
    Not at those prices!

• edited January 2019
    Dean Martin? Probly pissed
    Fumbluff said:

Well done and thanks to Dean Martin - clearly a man ITK.

That’s Amoréon
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Or they have no need to raise finance against the assets.
    This

And maybe they are aware of the liability and reduced price factors this in.

I actually think this might happen this time. Got a good feeling.
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Or they have no need to raise finance against the assets.
    But with a desperate seller like Roland wouldn't you make him pay off those Loans as part of the deal, even if you are a Billionaire you want clean title to the thing you are purchasing.
    At least two other buyers wanted clean title,that's why Roland presented a low ball bid to Ex Directors and got told to go forth, in fact one was probably the Aussies.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

CAFCTrev said:

So Jim White said Monday or Tuesday we could be hearing the club has been sold?

Yesterday it was 48-72 hours
    Today its Monday or Tuesday

On Tuesday it will be the end of the week

Lets face it Jim White is a twat who believes anything his best friend Roland tells him
    Jim White has done a great job for us by publicising our plight in the national media.
    My feelings exactly at 1st.

Then Roland brought him lunch and it all changed, Jim interviewed Roland and never once questioned the bollocks Roland was talking about.

Roland blamed fans protesting for not selling the club-Jim never questioned it

Roland blamed this messageboard for not getting Wilder and again Jim never questioned it
    Trust needs to be established first before any useful information flows.

LDT to RD "where's the best place to leak the news?"
    RD to LDT "Jim White - he's on my side and I trust him"
    None that logical thinking in this forum mate how dare you 😭
  • So do we reckon our potential new owners will be at the game again tmrw!! Cant wait for the game tmrw!!
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

More sense from bob
  • Just gone on the wagon. Bugger.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

cafc-west said:

LenGlover said:

Reports of 20-30 million for the sale are worrying.

What are the odds that we are not totally rid of Dushitelet if these figures are true? He was meant to be wanting 50 million, the gap is too big, a bit like my hairline.

Maybe he has finally realised 50m is completely unrealistic?
    Or is retaining The Valley and / or training ground.
    Been said many times that he cannot do that without the agreement of the ex-directors (who have first call on the Valley) or he pays them off. Also the £50m was pure speculation. Most realistic estimates have been in the £30m-£35m ballpark (still too much). Suspect he may have come down a bit or the deal is being structured so that a base sum is paid and the balance dependent on promotion and/or additional money received by the club on the sell-on of certain players, e.g. Gudmundson, Lookman, Gomez and Pope.
    My guess is that he has taken a haircut on the 'speculated' earlier figure of £50m to stem the flow of money out each month. If he has sold now for £30m he could have sold for the same amount a year ago and be the equivalent of around £40m better off.
    I said similar yesterday about the "haircut" and Airman gave me a LOL.
  • perhaps the owners have enough moneybthat theywont need to borrow against assets. if they are buying with a plan to borrow more money, I would find that more worrying
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Doesn’t seem to have worried Roland. In fact he was oblivious to it for some time.
    He was oblivious as it was never explained to him upfront, but when he came to try and sell to multiple parties it was clearly explained to him by various law firms.
    Thus the low ball bid to try and remove charges himself from Ex Directors around the time Muir was trying to buy, maybe thats why deal failed last year?
    I repeat anyone negotiating with him now would be mad not to force him to repay, what have they got to lose?
    It will still be for sale in the summer if he can't agree price now.
    None of us know , next week will come and all will be revealed.
    As you know, the timing of the offer and the deal stalling didn’t coincide. I think you’ll find the charges will be paid off and that RD is getting enough money to do that, but we’ll see.
  • Come on, 1400 pages are within sight.

Going out to eat at Belgo tonight in anticipation.

WiOTOS
  • Come on, 1400 pages are within sight.

WiOTOS

I notice you've accumulated 2 promotes at last Henners, welcome to the club :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

Come on, 1400 pages are within sight.

WiOTOS

I notice you've accumulated 2 promotes at last Henners, welcome to the club :wink:
    Getting there - slowly!
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Doesn’t seem to have worried Roland. In fact he was oblivious to it for some time.
    He was oblivious as it was never explained to him upfront, but when he came to try and sell to multiple parties it was clearly explained to him by various law firms.
    Thus the low ball bid to try and remove charges himself from Ex Directors around the time Muir was trying to buy, maybe thats why deal failed last year?
    I repeat anyone negotiating with him now would be mad not to force him to repay, what have they got to lose?
    It will still be for sale in the summer if he can't agree price now.
    None of us know , next week will come and all will be revealed.
    As you know, the timing of the offer and the deal stalling didn’t coincide. I think you’ll find the charges will be paid off and that RD is getting enough money to do that, but we’ll see.
    Correct it didn't coincide,but I understand that was because some Directors agreed to take discounts on their Loans and Roland assumed they would all cave in, in the face of a deal.
    Then realised it was going to cost him £2 to 3mn more to get deal done and it failed surprisingly.
    Why now do you think he will pay off charges,has he finally bitten the bullet on losses?

• From the white transcript below. Why is Monday and Tuesday so crucial?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!