Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• SX_Addick said:

Be good if they could anounce the takeover on Saturday before ko 👍⚽

Especially as it’s my 60th birthday tomorrow. Can’t think of a better present!
    Happy birthday for tomorrow.
  • I really hope I'm wrong but you could interpret that transcript as not having any new info
  • SX_Addick said:

Be good if they could anounce the takeover on Saturday before ko 👍⚽

Especially as it’s my 60th birthday tomorrow. Can’t think of a better present!
    57th for me you old git.
  • If Roland is buying the debt from the ex directors maybe speaking to them would be the first step

So unless that happens I’d say the charge is rolling on not being purchased

Perhaps you’re right but all he has to do is pay it. It’s the buyer who has to be satisfied it has been discharged. If he pays full whack there’s nothing to discuss. Similarly if it’s rolled over they don’t have to be consulted. Anyway, they could always ask RM tomorrow...
    I might ask him myself tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
  • He's being paid by @Henry Irving
  • And if anyone iflrl

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Maybe they don't need to raise finance against the assets, and are happy to let the non-interest bearing loans sit there knowing that should they get to the promised land the first £7m of the £100m+ Prem dividend is used to clear the charges.

We also don't have details of exactly how much they might have paid, and this could have been negotiated down to reflect the outstanding loans.
    Which is what I said months & months ago. The ex-director loans are a drop in the ocean if/when we get to the Pram
    They are only paid back then. No interest due either. Could be in 3 years.....could be in 30 years.

If any owner need a to start taking loans secured on the club/ground then they are not the owner you want.
    Too generalised. Could be any number of sensible reasons not to be worried/afraid of
  • Sponsored links:

• Glosfan said:

I won't quite believe it until the 'It's Happening' thingy is the official site.

Neither will Henry

You've all done very well
  • Where the hell do we post fish puns when it finally goes through?
  • are we sure its Redbull
  • I'm looking forward to the fall out on this thread when this latest takeover inevitably does not go through.

It's the hope that kills.
  • Is anybody getting information about who the new owners might be ? I don’t mean Cannon-Brooke’s and Farquhar. That’s patently nonsense.

Fish Puns thread.

Brexit thread, until that comes to a conclusion.

By then we’ll probably need a new takeover thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!