Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Here's a thought.

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF.

Am I still allowed to say this or has he heeded my good advice and gone.

Hopefully I have posted this comment for the very last time and he truly has sold our club.

If not I shall continue to ask him politely to do so.

Just amend it slightly to "You've sold the club, now FUCK OFF"
  • Though it did shrink a bit in the wash!
  • clive said:

Listen to Jim White & his guests discuss the latest on the takeover here.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1546596000/1546601400/

Watt repeatedly says "should be happening".

Let's see where we are next Saturday at 15.00

• Reports of 20-30 million for the sale are worrying.

What are the odds that we are not totally rid of Dushitelet if these figures are true? He was meant to be wanting 50 million, the gap is too big, a bit like my hairline.
  • No way anything is happening before Tuesday. Duchatelet knows the importance of a birthday celebration.
  • CAFCTrev said:

So Jim White said Monday or Tuesday we could be hearing the club has been sold?

Yesterday it was 48-72 hours
    Today its Monday or Tuesday

On Tuesday it will be the end of the week

Lets face it Jim White is a twat who believes anything his best friend Roland tells him
    Today is only 24 hours, so Monday or Tuesday will be 48-72 'working' hours from yesterday. Nothing gets done on a weekend.
    On the contrary, we often get 'done' on a Saturday! But, get your point, so Monday/Tuesday it is then.

Having birthday bash next Saturday so could be a double celebration!
  • Well, what ever happens, it certainly livened up an other wise, probably dull week in January.
  • Sponsored links:

• I refuse to believe this is happening. Would’ve been nice to have got it through before tomorrow, as I genuinely think we could’ve had a next to full valley.

Nope, definitely only about 200 more :smile:

What are the odds that we are not totally rid of Dushitelet if these figures are true? He was meant to be wanting 50 million, the gap is too big, a bit like my hairline.

Maybe he has finally realised 50m is completely unrealistic?
    Hopefully, then we can rebuild the destruction.
  • Feel like a kid waiting for Christmas Day, we’ve all been through so much depressing shit the last few years, at last we could have something to look forward. Just pray that the Aussie’s know what there doing.
  • edited January 2019
  • Companies House website will be even slower than the club’s official site...

Maybe not if the new owners are worse than Roland :smile:

Or is retaining The Valley and / or training ground.
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Mal said:

Charlton Soul

@CharltonSoul
    29m29 minutes ago
    More
    @JimWhite round up

- People brokering the deal have said that club will change hands Monday. (Australians)

- Money is there and been confirmed

- Thought to be in the region of 20-30 million

- 'I know some charlton fans are sceptical but I’m on the money with this one'

Are you doucher in disguise ? he assured us weeks/months/years ago he would be the first to let us know
    can't confirm yet but lets just say that I've swung into the 'this could well be imminent' group
    Season ticket ordered!
  • cfgs said:

I am building an effigy of Roly to burn early next week when he finally sells, if it comes to nothing I will remove the tape from the shoes and rename it Jim White. Burn the heretic.

We get payed to put em out not set em alight.
    Extra training for you my friend. 😉
  • edited January 2019
    DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Mal said:

Charlton Soul

@CharltonSoul
    29m29 minutes ago
    More
    @JimWhite round up

- People brokering the deal have said that club will change hands Monday. (Australians)

- Money is there and been confirmed

- Thought to be in the region of 20-30 million

- 'I know some charlton fans are sceptical but I’m on the money with this one'

Are you doucher in disguise ? he assured us weeks/months/years ago he would be the first to let us know
    can't confirm yet but lets just say that I've swung into the 'this could well be imminent' group
    From first to know to last to know :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nox57hdgeAU
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith
  • edited January 2019
    LenGlover said:

Reports of 20-30 million for the sale are worrying.

Been said many times that he cannot do that without the agreement of the ex-directors (who have first call on the Valley) or he pays them off. Also the £50m was pure speculation. Most realistic estimates have been in the £30m-£35m ballpark (still too much). Suspect he may have come down a bit or the deal is being structured so that a base sum is paid and the balance dependent on promotion and/or additional money received by the club on the sell-on of certain players, e.g. Gudmundson, Lookman, Gomez and Pope.
  • I've accepted that the players are much younger than me.

I've come to realise that that now applies to the managers.

But now it's the bloody owner!

The one that got me was the bloody pm - when Cameron got in, at least May restored normality, in that respect
  • edited January 2019
    cafc-west said:

LenGlover said:

Reports of 20-30 million for the sale are worrying.

Been said many times that he cannot do that without the agreement of the ex-directors (who have first call on the Valley) or he pays them off. Also the £50m was pure speculation. Most realistic estimates have been in the £30m-£35m ballpark (still too much). Suspect he may have come down a bit or the deal is being structured so that a base sum is paid and the balance dependent on promotion and/or additional money received by the club on the sell-on of certain players, e.g. Gudmundson, Lookman, Gomez and Pope.
    Not sure he can have first dibs on sell-on clauses - third party ownership? I could be wrong. Likewise, no buyer would reward the previous owner for success achieved as a result of the buyer's investments.

My guess is that he has taken a haircut on the 'speculated' earlier figure of £50m to stem the flow of money out each month. If he has sold now for £30m he could have sold for the same amount a year ago and be the equivalent of around £40m better off.
  • shirty5 said:

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Ok. That's interesting. Thanks
  • I can’t help but think back to the last time we were told it was 48/72 hours away after the potential new owner was seen in a charlton scarf in the directors box. WIOTOS.
  • shirty5 said:

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Hmmm....???
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!