Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If it's all done and dusted why wait until Monday to make an announcement? I can only presume it's because of the time difference (it is already the early hours of Saturday in some parts of Australia).

They are missing a trick by not announcing it before this weekend's match against Sunderland. Imagine the huge lift it would give to the cafc players and the fans not forgetting potentially adding a few more thousand to the gate.

I presume that Monday is when the paperwork will make it official- aka when it’s regostered and accepted

Otherwise it would be a tad premature and still prone to hitches
  • clive said:

Listen to Jim White & his guests discuss the latest on the takeover here.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1546596000/1546601400/

Unfortunately I can’t as at work, anything substantial evidence that someone could kindly print out. Ie just confirm that he said the broker had confirmed the sale or similar? Thanks in advance and sorry to ask, but sometimes work rules come into play.

• Slightly annoying if its done and they dont announce until Monday... Im back to Switzerland Tueday morning and it means paying for another 2 flights in a week and a half for the Accrington game. Not a chance in hell im missing first game post Roland, atmo will be mental
  • edited January 2019
    So is one of these two from Atlassian that have purchased the club?

Cannon-Brookes | Scott Farquhar

• J BLOCK said:

From twitter, Roland at London Bridge

No way that is London Bridge .................. unless we're talking Nebraska ?
  • Slightly annoying if its done and they dont announce until Monday... Im back to Switzerland Tueday morning and it means paying for another 2 flights in a week and a half for the Accrington game. Not a chance in hell im missing first game post Roland, atmo will be mental
    clive said:

Anyone who has listened, how long in
  • DOUCHER said:

Chizz said:

DOUCHER said:

I’m not sure but if I was a betting man i’d say RD will still be here come the end of the season - know nothing about any of the latest rumours but Williams signing will be announced this morning, another who I cannot name - not a midfielder - should be Monday - then another later in week - and no major player sales this window - a takeover is the ideal, but if not, the above seems a decent second best as none of the incomings will be squad fillers

Are you more sure that RD will still be the owner at the end of the season than you were that he'd sell before the end of last season, or less?
    Got that one wrong, hands up. Nice of you to remember though. When this takeover will finally take place is a mystery to me and the last thing I want to do is piss on peoples chips but I'd be absolutely amazed if it's about to happen 'imminently'.
    Having said that there do seem to be a few on line who are normally more cynical that also believe it is happening in the next few days so I'm going to do a bit of digging - i'd ignored it as another round of aussie crap until now.
  • If it's all done and dusted why wait until Monday to make an announcement? I can only presume it's because of the time difference (it is already the early hours of Saturday in some parts of Australia).

They are missing a trick by not announcing it before this weekend's match against Sunderland. Imagine the huge lift it would give to the cafc players and the fans not forgetting potentially adding a few more thousand to the gate.

They still might announce it tomorrow with the new owners on the pitch etc and then taking control from Monday.

We can only hope of course but I think its got to the point where personally im not fussed when they announce just so long as they do!

• Sponsored links:

• Only one way to be sure, we let out a cry of " Do you come from a land down under" and if a thumbs up appears from the directors box I'll take that as confirmation.
  • CAFCsayer said:

Slightly annoying if its done and they dont announce until Monday... Im back to Switzerland Tueday morning and it means paying for another 2 flights in a week and a half for the Accrington game. Not a chance in hell im missing first game post Roland, atmo will be mental

clive said:

Anyone who has listened, how long in
    04:30.
  • Makes you laugh how JW says ‘you can go to tomorrows game knowing it is done’. Anyone wondered whether Duchatalet his told him to say that just to get a few more pounds in his wallet before he leaves? What a w**ker!
  • shirty5 said:

So is one of these two from Atlassian that have purchased the club?

Cannon-Brookes | Scott Farquhar

AHH, so you Mr Farty Harse!

That made me spit my tea out!
    Brilliant :smile:
  • Jim White sounds adamant it's happening. 'He's gone.'
  • Really wish it would just be announced today if it has been finalised. Just some sort of statement from the club confirming it and have the press conference next week.

I am hoping that will still happen. From the early tweets, looks like the comms team were in early doors. Hello Ollie!
  • Mal said:

Charlton Soul

@CharltonSoul
    29m29 minutes ago
    More
    @JimWhite round up

- People brokering the deal have said that club will change hands Monday. (Australians)

- Money is there and been confirmed

- Thought to be in the region of 20-30 million

- 'I know some charlton fans are sceptical but I’m on the money with this one'

Are you doucher in disguise ? he assured us weeks/months/years ago he would be the first to let us know
  • Really wish it would just be announced today if it has been finalised. Just some sort of statement from the club confirming it and have the press conference next week.

To resurrect the house buying analogy - exchanged today (or yesterday), complete on Monday.

It would be premature to annouce the takeover until the share ownership details have been updated and the funds have hit Roland's account.
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:

Really wish it would just be announced today if it has been finalised. Just some sort of statement from the club confirming it and have the press conference next week.

To resurrect the house buying analogy - exchanged today (or yesterday), complete on Monday.

It would be premature to annouce the takeover until the share ownership details have been updated and the funds have hit Roland's account.
  • January 04, 2019
    Talksport is reporting that Charlton Athletic will be sold by Monday or Tuesday of next week. The Australian consortium has passed the fit and proper person test.
  • Mal said:

Charlton Soul

@CharltonSoul
    29m29 minutes ago
    More
    @JimWhite round up

- People brokering the deal have said that club will change hands Monday. (Australians)

- Money is there and been confirmed

- Thought to be in the region of 20-30 million

- 'I know some charlton fans are sceptical but I’m on the money with this one'

Are you doucher in disguise ? he assured us weeks/months/years ago he would be the first to let us know</blockquote

all speculation until I've confirmed - give me an hour or so
  • WSS said:
    Ha ha - like minds. I have Companies House on a tab at the moment!
  • WSS said:
    Been doing the same myself
  • ross1 said:

January 04, 2019
    Talksport is reporting that Charlton Athletic will be sold by Monday or Tuesday of next week. The Australian consortium has passed the fit and proper person test.

Can we get confirmation of that from the EFL?
  • Why not announce it now?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!