Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019

JW also said he has been told this by the broker of the deal.

Now that is very interesting, if that’s what’s been said then sale must be close, not disbelieve is you east terrace, just such a confident statement of fact.
  • LouisMend said:

Thats not good... Surely he's walking away from the platforms for Charlton trains?
  • LouisMend said:

Thats not good... Surely he's walking away from the platforms for Charlton trains?
    Actually you can go up escalators on either side for platforms where Charlton trains run through. As you're best off getting off somewhere near the front for Charlton, and that's the direction RD is headed in, I must applaud his efficiency and efforts to expedite the sale of the club in every way possible.
  • PaddyP17 said:

LouisMend said:

Actually you can go up escalators on either side for platforms where Charlton trains run through. As you're best off getting off somewhere near the front for Charlton, and that's the direction RD is headed in, I must applaud his efficiency and efforts to expedite the sale of the club in every way possible.
    I'd have thought that Platforms 1 and 2 were for trains too and from Cannon Street | Platforms 3 and 4 for Charing Cross?
  • Sponsored links:

• clive said:

CAFCDAZ said:

any links to the sound bite?, i need to hear this with my own ears for my own sanity 😂
    TalkSport normally have a catch-up of Jim White' show about 13.20,i will put up a link when it becomes available.
    Hopefully I didn’t hear wrong. It would be soon before I posted, so just after Midday.
  • #TeamWIOTOS
  • don't understand if they have passed the fit and proper test and the money has been given then why not announce the takeover today?
  • edited January 2019

clive said:

CAFCDAZ said:

any links to the sound bite?, i need to hear this with my own ears for my own sanity 😂
    TalkSport normally have a catch-up of Jim White' show about 13.20,i will put up a link when it becomes available.
    Hopefully I didn’t hear wrong. It would be soon before I posted, so just after Midday.
    Me too :worried: The inference was certainly that things were afoot and in Louis' tweets, Airman has said that is the message coming out of the club;

Rick Everitt@airmanbrown

@Jimwhite now saying on air @talksport that #cafc takeover deal could be done early next week. Can confirm that is the message coming from the club, whether we choose to believe it or not.
  • J BLOCK said:

From twitter, Roland at London Bridge

Anyone know of a sniper in the LB area?
    I'm sure we could all chip in to pay the fee.
    Look, we need to, as a group, make a decision here. Does LB stand for 'Lee Bowyer', 'left back', or the new surprise contender 'London Bridge'. It can't be all three. I don't want to have to work it out via context, that's more work than I'm willing to do.
    Well it wouldnt surprise me if LB stood for Left-Back and that we've actually got a sniper taking out our players

Would explain the constant injuries
  • J BLOCK said:

From twitter, Roland at London Bridge

Anyone know of a sniper in the LB area?
    I'm sure we could all chip in to pay the fee.
    Look, we need to, as a group, make a decision here. Does LB stand for 'Lee Bowyer', 'left back', or the new surprise contender 'London Bridge'. It can't be all three. I don't want to have to work it out via context, that's more work than I'm willing to do.
    Well it wouldnt surprise me if LB stood for Left-Back and that we've actually got a sniper taking out our players

Would explain the constant injuries
    Good point, but any sniper we hired would either miss or be too injured to show up
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't work out how to feel at the moment.....I've been hurt too many times *sniff*

Should I dare to dream or will those dreams be crushed like so many times before?

I am torn!

Be still my beating heart.....
  • So Jim White said Monday or Tuesday we could be hearing the club has been sold?
  • I think we can all agree this feels as real as the last load of bollox

I dont agree, this time i feel it will be done next week.
  • I think one thing we can all potentially agree on, this feels the closest things have been for a long time. If this attempt doesn't get over the line, I suspect we'll be in status quo for another 5-6 months at a minimum.

Down The Dustpipe
  • RedChaser said:

JW just been on again stating it's done and should be announced early next week.

If it's done then why only 'should' be announced next week?

If it's done, surely it's a given to be announced by Monday latest. Why would they be waiting and waiting to announce it?
  • edited January 2019
    What I'm hoping is, if and when all this is done and dusted, we get the full story.

Why was Murray so confident last Feb? What happened to that "Done Deal" ? Why did Muir (seemingly) drop out then distance himself? Is this set of Aussies anything like the original make-up of the first reported Aussies? How much did RD sell for, and was he holding out for too much before caving? What's going to happen with the training ground? Can we please not have Fosters on tap in the stands?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!