Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Hahaha like someone at Atlassian would buy a football club!
  • Jim whites been played, and further down the food chain that is charlton , we’re being played as well,it’s just your normal transfer window, at ease everyone.

This sums it up for me. Roland is Jim Whites new best friend, Jim's last interview with Roland showed that the anger had gone about our situation and had been replaced with telling us what a lovely man Roland is.

I would love to be proved wrong but if this turns out to be fabrication then Jim Whites show should be boycotted and the Aussies should be given a clear message to fuck off and stop wasting everyone's time.

They need to put up or shut up.

#notapennymore

• edited January 2019

Jim whites been played, and further down the food chain that is charlton , we’re being played as well,it’s just your normal transfer window, at ease everyone.

But to what end? You can’t argue that someone is being “played” without there being a purpose and nobody has advanced one that fits the facts.

Jim whites been played, and further down the food chain that is charlton , we’re being played as well,it’s just your normal transfer window, at ease everyone.

But to what end? You can’t argue that someone is being “played” without there being a purpose and nobody has advanced one that fits the facts.

Could it be that Roland has decided to put this news out there as an excuse not to reinvest in the squad during the January transfer window? He has used an imminent takeover as an excuse in previous windows and may want to make it sound imminent to cover himself during January?
    Why does he need to do that at all, and do it via national radio and the only UK media person with whom he has established a rapport though? It is also coming out via Lee Bowyer (in the Standard and privately), staff at The Valley, at least one ex-director and the Sunday tour of the facilities, as well as via other posters on here.

It’s a very elaborate subterfuge when he has the FF next week at which he could get De Turck to put out any message he wants.
    And you honestly don't think that Duchatelet is capable of such subterfuge as a way of 'pay back' for the relative grief we've given him?

Of course he is! He's proven such during his entire tenure at the place. It would be incredibly naive to think that Duchatelet wouldn't resort to such 'tactics'!

I just imagine him (or one of his cohorts) reading this forum and the #cafc twitter pages after surreptitiously chucking a grenade into the fray, then standing back and maniacally laughing as he watches the fallout.

You've been duped before so why not again? He needs no 'means to an end'. He consistently lies (look at the most recent White (sycophant) interview). Never lose sight of the fact that there needs to be no method in his madness.

And if I'm wrong on this occasion, I'll celebrate like the rest of you. You'll forgive me for being cynical though after being given the runaround for at least 12 months!
  • T_C_E said:

DA9 said:

Just had this from my brother in Oz, he’s an internet security and IT guru for a large corporation out there, asked him if he had heard of MCB and Atlassian

“Well they are a listed company so he is maybe a majority share holder

I know the former CEO Craig Davies

Less said about him the better..... I will not go into print on that”

I like that Craig Davies............. ;)

Monday
    Took him for a drink on Tuesday
    We had done the deal by Wednesday
    And on Thursday and Friday and Saturday
    We chilled on Sunday
    I met again on Monday
    We chilled on Sunday
    He seems happy today so maybe it's happening.

• DA9 said:

At least he'll turn up 7 days a week, though he'll probably

I would love to be proved wrong but if this turns out to be fabrication then Jim Whites show should be boycotted and the Aussies should be given a clear message to fuck off and stop wasting everyone's time.

#notapennymore

Slow down there. You need to pick a conspiracy theory and stick with it. Or are you suggesting that Jim White, RD and the Aussies are all in it together just so they can 'play' us?
  • Jim whites been played, and further down the food chain that is charlton , we’re being played as well,it’s just your normal transfer window, at ease everyone.

Could it be that Roland has decided to put this news out there as an excuse not to reinvest in the squad during the January transfer window? He has used an imminent takeover as an excuse in previous windows and may want to make it sound imminent to cover himself during January?
    Why does he need to do that at all, and do it via national radio and the only UK media person with whom he has established a rapport though? It is also coming out via Lee Bowyer (in the Standard and privately), staff at The Valley, at least one ex-director and the Sunday tour of the facilities, as well as via other posters on here.

It’s a very elaborate subterfuge when he has the FF next week at which he could get De Turck to put out any message he wants.
    There you go again. Trying to put some logic into the things Duchatelet does.

You of all people should know better than that.
  • Chizz said:

This sums it up for me. Roland is Jim Whites new best friend, Jim's last interview with Roland showed that the anger had gone about our situation and had been replaced with telling us what a lovely man Roland is.

#notapennymore

If the message that Roland has planted with Jim White turns out to be a fabrication, then the Aussies should be told to f*** off?

Really?
    Not just the massage from Jim White but all the other messing about. It is clear Muir does not want to spend his own money so if he is still in the frame he is looking for investors to use their cash rather than his own.

Its crowd funding for rich people, do we really want to be owned by multiple investors instead of one or maybe two. What happens when they all fall out, disagree and want their money back?

I have a bad feeling about the Aussies and fear we will be no better off if they somehow manage to get a deal across the line.
  • RedChaser said:

It's people's defence mechanism kicking in to avoid being disappointed yet again of no change of ownership and quite understandable. On the other hand there are those who are prepared to keep an open mind until there are hard facts to the contrary. For me I'm cautiously optimistic WIOTOS.

But there is no smoke without fire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Scoham said:
    Same guy has posted a ton of anti-CARD stuff on his twitter, stuff in favour of Tommy Robinson and Katie Hopkins and then this spot on rumour.

Your right, I remember seeing he replied to a video Katie Hopkins put up. He wanted her to become the Mayor of London.
    You’re

• T_C_E said:

DA9 said:

Just had this from my brother in Oz, he’s an internet security and IT guru for a large corporation out there, asked him if he had heard of MCB and Atlassian

Monday
    We chilled on Sunday
    I met again on Monday
    We chilled on Sunday
    I think the intro to Ian Fury's Plaistow Patricia sums up the current regime..
  • Ferryman said:

T_C_E said:

DA9 said:

Monday
    We chilled on Sunday
    I met again on Monday
    We chilled on Sunday
    Dury, bloody spell checker!
  • It’s funny (peculiar not ha ha) that we’ve gone in something like 48 hours from being excited and optimistic about this latest upsurge in rumours to despondent and cynical.

Who could blame us.

I don’t believe he has the capability to manage all the elements of the conspiracy implied.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ferryman said:

Ferryman said:

T_C_E said:

DA9 said:

Monday
    We chilled on Sunday
    I met again on Monday
    We chilled on Sunday
    Dury, bloody blockhead spell checker!
    :wink:
  • Have to admit I just don’t believe the takeover is going to happen soon. Earliest will be the summer, maybe even 2020.

Hopefully I am totally wrong, but I don’t trust RD and we have been here too many times before.
  • It’s funny (peculiar not ha ha) that we’ve gone in something like 48 hours from being excited and optimistic about this latest upsurge in rumours to despondent and cynical.

Who could blame us.

There are a number of us on here that have not been excited or optimistic in the last 48 hours. Jim White makes a living out of talking nonsense on "Talkshite" and it would take a lot more than a press release from him to get my juices flowing.

Who could blame us.

There are a number of us on here that have not been excited or optimistic in the last 48 hours. Jim White makes a living out of talking nonsense on "Talkshite" and it would take a lot more than a press release from him to get my juices flowing.
    But it has been from just more than him.

• So basically this is all "Done Deal" the 99999999th time. Cool.
  • Just in case.

Will Friday 4th January be the day we remember what we were doing when the news comes through, similar to.

Princess Diana's death
    John Lennon's murder.
    Kajagoogoo splitting up.
    Going back to the Valley.

I have no one to pray to but may nature take its course.

I soooooooo remember what I was doing when I heard my Kajagoogoo had split up! Oh the pain of it all! You had to bring that all back!!!

Mind you, now I know where Aguero got his latest look from :wink:
  • Bubble said:

I don’t believe he has the capability to manage all the elements of the conspiracy implied.
    The bottom line is he just doesn’t care enough to come up with an eloborate wind up.
    But how can you say that with any degree of certainty Bubble, with this guy surely nothing should surprise you?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!