Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Said from the start, Roland to sell up manana.
  • edited January 2019
    Blimey, there should be a street party outside the ground after it's finally/hopefully announced to welcome the new lot in. Could this be organised? Not sure how it would work with the council, as it could obviously be well attended.
  • So it's just after 9am Friday in Eastern Australia, a bit earlier still in the west. Next 8-10 hours could be critical...

Will I be booking a trip to The Valley for Sat or heading off to the wilds of the West of Scotland?

Time will tell.

• Blimey, there should be a street party outside the ground after it's finally/hopefully announced to welcome the new lot in. Could this be organised? Not sure how it would work with the council, as it could obviously be well attended.

A street party in January.....yeah, great idea!
    your'e not invited anyway :smiley:
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeah like that’d stop him :smiley:
  • Folks, I have lived in Oz for 20 plus years now and am pretty familiar with the local sporting scene across all codes.

Sorry to piss on the chips here but I have never heard of any “mid 30s” businessman involved in AFL that is minted - nobody comes to mind.

None of the AFL clubs have anything like the sort of cash needed to compete at Premier League level - not even the biggest clubs like Collingwood who regularly draw 80,000 crowds.

There are very few Aussies with the sort of cash that Charlton need except for the likes of James Packer, Gin Rinehart, Kerry Stokes or a handful of others.

The only young businessman with the sort of cash we are talking about here is someone like Mike Cannon-Brookes, founder of software firm Atlassian, but he has zero interest in football AFAIK.

Just doesn’t feel right to me.

It is a consortium though. Several very wealthy individuals and not one. Let’s wait and see.

Even so you still need at least one of them to have serious cash and - more importantly be willing to invest it in the club.

People need to remember that Roland is fucking minted, he HAS the cash to get Charlton into the PL but doesn’t want to spend it.

If you look at what other people are spending then you’d have to be looking at overall investment of around £100 million to get us to the PL and to stay there.

If you want a comparison then look at Palarse - they spent $110 million on transfer fees in 2016/17 - and another $100 million on wages.

We are nowhere near Championship level right now let alone PL level and need massive investment to get to the squad to where it needs to be which is, hard though it is to admit it, about where the Beagles are now.

• So it's just after 9am Friday in Eastern Australia, a bit earlier still in the west. Next 8-10 hours could be critical...

Will I be booking a trip to The Valley for Sat or heading off to the wilds of the West of Scotland?

Time will tell.

Och aye da nuuu

Time will tell.

Och aye da nuuu
    bless you
  • Do leave off you lot.

This ain't happening. Jim been fed another plate of shyte like the rest.
  • I'd like to ask again: will the takeover really happen before we reach page 2000? :joy:

Nope.

The takeover will be on page 3,000.
    Not much will have changed.......................but we’ll live underwater!
    ...and drive hovercars. And go to the moon for lunch.
    Scoham said:

I've got the damp squits already...again.

Fixed
    Fixed again
  • The dark side of the moon. See you there.
  • edited January 2019

Blimey, there should be a street party outside the ground after it's finally/hopefully announced to welcome the new lot in. Could this be organised? Not sure how it would work with the council, as it could obviously be well attended.

Possibly the worst idea since on a balmy 1898 July evening in the tiny village of Braunau- am- Inn Austria. School teacher Alois Hitler turned to his wife Klara and said “ Fancy an early night love.”
    A mere 9 years after Hitler was born.

Also Alois Hitler wasn't a teacher.
  • edited January 2019
    Uboat said:

Possibly the worst idea since on a balmy 1898 July evening in the tiny village of Braunau- am- Inn Austria. School teacher Alois Hitler turned to his wife Klara and said “ Fancy an early night love.”
    A mere 9 years after Hitler was born.

Also Alois Hitler wasn't a teacher.
    My post should have read 1888 not 1898.
    I am also pretty certain that Alois was a teacher at some point in his life.

• Sponsored links:

• The dark side of the moon. See you there.

Is this a clue? New Chinese consortium?
  • Always one 😂

Have to say the likelihood of getting any real news at this time of night must approximate to zero.

Fuck knows why I’m even refreshing this thread every 5 minutes.

Tbh its 8.50 AM in Australia so you couod get news from Australia soon haha
  • timken said:

My wife asked me recently "do you miss going to charlton".My answer was "no not really".I have replaced it with a regular game of golf and have a tee time booked as usual for this saturday at 10.07.
    When this latest rumour started gathering speed I noticed that I was already planning in my head to phone my playing partners up to "cry off" and return to the valley on saturday for the sunderland match.If the sale goes through I will be there .I wont be able to stop myself as I am hopelessly addicted to the mighty reds.If the rumours dont materialise I will revert to the golf course until the rat departs.
    I suppose after 35 years of marriage she knows I lied to her when I said I didnt miss going to charlton.It is in my blood and has been since september 1967.It hurts like hell to see what Roland [and Katrien] have done in 5 short years but I will be back the second he is gone.

Me too. I am due to referee a game on Saturday and hate the idea of letting both teams down, but I will.
  • Do leave off you lot.

This ain't happening. Jim been fed another plate of shyte like the rest.

What do you think Duchatelet’s motive for misleading Jim White is then? What does he gain from that? And spare us any nonsense about curtailing the almighty wrath of the fans’ forum or the prospect of protests hundreds of miles away from him, which in fact it is more likely to provoke.
    I’m convinced what we have heard now from multiple sources is all true. What needs to happen now is for the buyers to get it over the line. That hasn’t proved easy so far and might still not be but let’s be hopeful.
  • edited January 2019
    Murphy’s not a financial director and Elliott’s not a chief executive. Their idea has been to make Murphy chief executive and Elliott vice chairman.
  • edited January 2019
    Dead easy. Duchatelet decides he only wants AUD 10 (that’s 10 Australian dollars) for the club and Bruce is your uncle.

(And also probably your brother.)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!