Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Airman do you think they are minted?.

I was told the younger Aussie is loaded but what that means relative to, say, RD, who knows?
  • I've got the damp squib all ready...again.
  • edited January 2019

So just introduced to unlucky the cat ?

Quite. Who were they introduced to ?
    I expect the person(s) shall remain unknown to respect their anonymity.
  • RedChaser said:

So the bloke on the gate ?
  • RedChaser said:

So the bloke on the gate ?
    Got to be someone with the keys to get in and conduct the tour :wink:
  • I've got the damp squid all ready...again.

Fixed
  • edited January 2019
    There would have been several injured players there on the treatment table and doing gym work, along with medical staff and physios etc.
    Though whether some of them coincided with the visitors being there is anyone’s guess......but it’s quite likely.
    Sunday’s at the training ground is often much busier than you’d imagine, especially with the amount of injuries we have at present......for starters, Pearce and Reeves would almost certainly have been there, having picked up injuries at Barnsley.
  • shirty5 said:

How exactly does this square with the “new owners” being introduced as such at the training ground ?

Who to exactly ?

Each other.
  • Sponsored links:

• Chizz said:

shirty5 said:

How exactly does this square with the “new owners” being introduced as such at the training ground ?

Who to exactly ?

Each other.
    So Rick has told me that they were introduced to at least one staff member and other staff members have confirmed this.
    As we wouldn't want any member of staff getting into any trouble, it's probably best to leave it there and no I don't know any names.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

shirty5 said:

Who to exactly ?

Each other.
    So Rick has told me that they were introduced to at least one staff member and other staff members have confirmed this.
    As we wouldn't want any member of staff getting into any trouble, it's probably best to leave it there and no I don't know any names.
    Bruce, this is Richard Murray. Richard, this is Bruce. Right, pub anyone?
    Clive Emson
  • Chizz said:

shirty5 said:

Who to exactly ?

Each other.
    True. Might effect their bonus issues
  • shirty5 said:

Who to exactly ?

To Tone, he showed them his trenches
  • Folks, I have lived in Oz for 20 plus years now and am pretty familiar with the local sporting scene across all codes.

Sorry to piss on the chips here but I have never heard of any “mid 30s” businessman involved in AFL that is minted - nobody comes to mind.

None of the AFL clubs have anything like the sort of cash needed to compete at Premier League level - not even the biggest clubs like Collingwood who regularly draw 80,000 crowds.

There are very few Aussies with the sort of cash that Charlton need except for the likes of James Packer, Gin Rinehart, Kerry Stokes or a handful of others.

The only young businessman with the sort of cash we are talking about here is someone like Mike Cannon-Brookes, founder of software firm Atlassian, but he has zero interest in football AFAIK.

Just doesn’t feel right to me.

He could afford to live in Bromley -

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/sep/27/tech-billionaire-buys-australias-most-expensive-home-for-100m
  • Sponsored links:

• Rumour from someone in Australia that the money is someone called Mike Cannon-Brookes who made his money in IT software.

Said to be worth £906m in 2006.

Can't reveal my source obviously.

His up to date net worth is 5 billion USD apparently.
  • edited January 2019

I think “by anybody in authority” are the key words in Rich’s original tweet.
  • Rumour from someone in Australia that the money is someone called Mike Cannon-Brookes who made his money in IT software.

Said to be worth £906m in 2006.

Can't reveal my source obviously.

His up to date net worth is 5 billion USD apparently.
    That’ll do nicely!!!

• Airman do you think they are minted?.

I was told the younger Aussie is loaded but what that means relative to, say, RD, who knows?
    is it cannon-brooks and farquhar that would be something else. had the pleasure of working for those guys and they are minted and pretty cool guys. both in late 30s however
  • Can't find anything on him re Aussie Football. Next.
  • Chizz said:

Chizz said:

shirty5 said:

Who to exactly ?

Each other.
    Bruce, this is Richard Murray. Richard, this is Bruce. Right, pub anyone?
    Sexist!

Bruce's PA, Sheila, was also there.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!