Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I was down the Valley earlier and I saw the first signing of the new regime down there. Shouldn't really be posting this but...

Who is it?
  • Arthur Scargill?
  • Rudders22 said:

I was down the Valley earlier and I saw the first signing of the new regime down there. Shouldn't really be posting this but...

Who is it?
    Lyle Taylor, signed a new deal offered by the new owner.
  • Kiwivalley woz here
  • Rothko said:

So does that mean if they own Atlassian, the clubs going to be run on sprints, have daily stand-ups and post-it notes everywhere?

But think of the storys. It’s going to be an epic.
    I sense a Lord of the Rings style trilogy when Spielberg gets the rights...
  • edited January 2019

Good match to be in the posh seats tomorrow at then

I was in the posh bit on new years day (centre circle) and began to think I'd been mistaken for a stinking rich potential buyer and was the cause of all this latest takeover frenzy. It's about as close as I'll ever get to being stinking rich
  • Sponsored links:

• I was down the Valley earlier and I saw the first signing of the new regime down there. Shouldn't really be posting this but...

Hate to burst your fake bubble, but next time can you make it factually correct.

We already have a number 11 in Fosu, so its impossible Neymar would get the 11 shirt, unless it was sanctioned by the Football League to change Fosus number
    Sorry Paulie :pensive:
  • And if anyone iflrl

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Maybe they don't need to raise finance against the assets, and are happy to let the non-interest bearing loans sit there knowing that should they get to the promised land the first £7m of the £100m+ Prem dividend is used to clear the charges.

We also don't have details of exactly how much they might have paid, and this could have been negotiated down to reflect the outstanding loans.
    Which is what I said months & months ago. The ex-director loans are a drop in the ocean if/when we get to the Pram
    They are only paid back then. No interest due either. Could be in 3 years.....could be in 30 years.

If any owner need a to start taking loans secured on the club/ground then they are not the owner you want.
    When the north end wrap around was built for £9M with a £6M bank loan, wasn't that secured against The Valley?
  • Ferryman said:

And if anyone iflrl

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Maybe they don't need to raise finance against the assets, and are happy to let the non-interest bearing loans sit there knowing that should they get to the promised land the first £7m of the £100m+ Prem dividend is used to clear the charges.

We also don't have details of exactly how much they might have paid, and this could have been negotiated down to reflect the outstanding loans.
    Which is what I said months & months ago. The ex-director loans are a drop in the ocean if/when we get to the Pram
    They are only paid back then. No interest due either. Could be in 3 years.....could be in 30 years.

If any owner need a to start taking loans secured on the club/ground then they are not the owner you want.
    When the north end wrap around was built for £9M with a £6M bank loan, wasn't that secured against The Valley?
    The north stand loan has been paid off.
  • Ferryman said:

And if anyone iflrl

bobmunro said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

The north stand loan has been paid off.
    I know but it was a regime borrowing against the assets.
  • 1-4-0-7 it's coming soon.

Hate to burst your fake bubble, but next time can you make it factually correct.

We already have a number 11 in Fosu, so its impossible Neymar would get the 11 shirt, unless it was sanctioned by the Football League to change Fosus number
    Oh dear lord
    Whats this mean @CharltonByBlood

It was clearly a joke based on @Rufus_Ambition original joke.

• Good match to be in the posh seats tomorrow at then

I was in the posh bit on new years day (centre circle) and began to think I'd been mistaken for a stinking rich potential buyer and was the cause of all this latest takeover frenzy. It's about as close as I'll ever get to being stinking rich
    we're you in the Jonny Williams picture?
  • so who might the backer be. all links mid 30s. the only likely one seems that joel McDonald. who else could it be
  • Sponsored links:

• Good match to be in the posh seats tomorrow at then

we're you in the Jonny Williams picture?
    No, thankfully I was sat just a bit further back. Never been one for the limelight!
  • Don't tempt fate!
  • Thanks for reminding me of Karel Fraeyes reign. Baffling how he got the job
  • edited January 2019
    This is the sole reason why I didnt boycott - After five years of having something else to do with my Saturday afternoon I probably wouldnt so didnt want to run the risk.
  • edited January 2019

so who might the backer be. all links mid 30s. the only likely one seems that joel McDonald. who else could it be

My monies on him, not the richest mind you
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!