Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Scoham said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Ex Directors agreed a deal then? @Davidsmith

They have not been contacted I am told.
    Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.
    Or they have no need to raise finance against the assets.

MrLargo said:

If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
    Jesus Christ, what planet are you on? He's bank rolled the club because it would go into administration if he didn't continue to keep us afloat and then he'd lose everything he'd put into it.

As for admitting mistakes, I've read that he acknowledges he shouldn't have got involved in football, still waiting for him to admit that emailing tactical advice to a former England international was a bad idea, as were virtually all of his signings, his choice of CEO, his chief scout, his managers, etc, etc, etc. Still waiting for the apology for damaging, perhaps irreparably, a 100 plus year old football club. Definitely wasn't aware that an "open forum" had taken place - I'd have been there like a shot of I'd known about it.

5 years of failure and destruction and there's still people excusing him, unbelievable.
    Is that the England international that fucked up tatics at Bramell Lane that would have got us to the semi finals of the FA Cup. According to some he never put anything into the club but in your own admissions you have stated he has. He has lost millions, his own fault yes, as all other football chairmen, however if you look back at my point how many will return, I put it a very small percentage.
    Lol you mug. Have you even got eyes?

What could Powell have done better at Bramell lane? Hed had the rug completely pulled from under him, his best players sold, was being pressured from above to play the network imports, the players knew what was going on, he knew it was all over and he had been told he was getting sacked if he didn't play the likes of Thuram and Koc.

I'd say he did as well as anyone could have in the circumstances.
    Mug? Classy, you are genuinely telling me that the starting 11 that day were worse than Sheffield United. If the fans had to get up and leave at silly o’clock that day, and he wasn’t able to tactically work with the team and motivate them to get into the semi final of the FA Cup then yea maybe I am mug. BTW how many games did Koc play for us?
    None, which is one of the reasons why Roland was never going to keep Powell on.
    Powell was always out the door from day one he knew that and as even said as much, the cup run kept him in the job, nothing unusual for a club under new ownership to bring in a new manager, mind you what would I know I’m a mug
  • bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

Which would indicate that The Valley is part of the deal and the charges rollover.
    Would also indicate buyer is an idiot and is happy to pay £20-£30mn for the Club with no control of it's most valuable assets, as charges are over all assets of the Club.
    Which also means buyer cannot raise any finance against said assets without permission or enter into any Leases on assets.
    Worry if new buyer keeps charges outstanding as this is their best bargaining tool with Roland to get price down.

MrLargo said:

If you see an owner who you believe is destroying the club you love, it is hard to put money in his pocket. Yes, he may not lose any sleep over your money, but it does have a collective power in reminding him what a failure he is amongst other things. And this may or may not help him decide it isn't worth it in the end.

He never about us before he bought us, got a weekly or monthly report as all owners would from the CEO or MD. Looks at the bottom line every six months not the attendances. At least he has openly put his hands up in open forum and admitted mistakes were made, and I am sure even those who hate him the most he has bank rolled the club and has taken nothing out just kept it afloat as any owner of a football club would have done.
    Jesus Christ, what planet are you on? He's bank rolled the club because it would go into administration if he didn't continue to keep us afloat and then he'd lose everything he'd put into it.

As for admitting mistakes, I've read that he acknowledges he shouldn't have got involved in football, still waiting for him to admit that emailing tactical advice to a former England international was a bad idea, as were virtually all of his signings, his choice of CEO, his chief scout, his managers, etc, etc, etc. Still waiting for the apology for damaging, perhaps irreparably, a 100 plus year old football club. Definitely wasn't aware that an "open forum" had taken place - I'd have been there like a shot of I'd known about it.

5 years of failure and destruction and there's still people excusing him, unbelievable.
    Is that the England international that fucked up tatics at Bramell Lane that would have got us to the semi finals of the FA Cup. According to some he never put anything into the club but in your own admissions you have stated he has. He has lost millions, his own fault yes, as all other football chairmen, however if you look back at my point how many will return, I put it a very small percentage.

What could Powell have done better at Bramell lane? Hed had the rug completely pulled from under him, his best players sold, was being pressured from above to play the network imports, the players knew what was going on, he knew it was all over and he had been told he was getting sacked if he didn't play the likes of Thuram and Koc.

Mug? Classy, you are genuinely telling me that the starting 11 that day were worse than Sheffield United. If the fans had to get up and leave at silly o’clock that day, and he wasn’t able to tactically work with the team and motivate them to get into the semi final of the FA Cup then yea maybe I am mug. BTW how many games did Koc play for us?
    Judging by the responses (multiple) I’d suggest there are very few who agree with your thoughts.
    Reacting to every comment you receive is turning your passion into poison.
    Once it’s done, let’s all get down the Valley, sing our songs, support the team and club whilst trying to forget what this Belgian experiment has done to our “still great club”
    Fingers crossed that the deal goes through and we can start a new chapter.
  • good job they got rid of Kermorgant for Polish Pete

A sign of things to come.
    Anyway, how did Yann get on after he left us?
  • Scoham said:

bobmunro said:

shirty5 said:

MrLargo said:

None, which is one of the reasons why Roland was never going to keep Powell on.
    Powell was always out the door from day one he knew that and as even said as much, the cup run kept him in the job, nothing unusual for a club under new ownership to bring in a new manager, mind you what would I know I’m a mug
    Well yeah, the only way he'd have stayed is if he agreed to Roland's ridiculous plans and won games with a team of network and academy players. So it was never going to happen.
  • BR3red said:

Uboat said:

Anyway WIwLB, we need to move on.
    We all love Charlton so let's all pull in the same direction.
    You want the club to grow again and it won't be so easily achieved by trying to bring up all the old issues again and again.

I ain’t bringing up old issues it’s was a question of will those that have boycotted return, I haven’t dug anyone out it appears that people don’t like another opinion of you can’t deal with it not my problem.
    People disagree with your opinion, tell you and then you throw the toys out of the pram and start going on about 'poison'. This thread was a happy place for the last couple of days until you turned up. I could call it trolling, but you seem to genuinely think this is the right time to have your pet argument yet again.
    Dont feed him! I think he has gone to bed now :-)
    Do you mean been put to bed?
  • Sponsored links:

• Life is about opinions,
  • Anyway WIwLB, we need to move on.
    We all love Charlton so let's all pull in the same direction.
    You want the club to grow again and it won't be so easily achieved by trying to bring up all the old issues again and again.

I ain’t bringing up old issues it’s was a question of will those that have boycotted return, I haven’t dug anyone out it appears that people don’t like another opinion of you can’t deal with it not my problem.
    Well, if the issue is will the boycotters return. The answer is let's wait and see how many turn up tomorrow and then the acid test will be the first game after the announcement.

I'm confident the announced attendance tomorrow will be in excess of 15,000, so 12,000 or so Charlton fans attending.
    I'm hoping it will be more, to get behind the lads, who will have 3,000 Mackems roaring them on.
    I actually don’t think that will be the acid test. Any first game after the sale will probably be a bumper crowd esp if it’s run alongside an effective campaign (like the £5 games). Easy to achieve for a one-off game.

No, the real acid test will be the games after that and then ST sales, esp if we’re in the same division again.
    Agreed.
  • edited January 2019
    Dazzler21 said:

This thread will grow by 1000 pages when it does happen...

Page 1905....
  • Rossman92 said:

Dazzler21 said:

This thread will grow by 1000 pages when it does happen...

Page 1905....
    What's wrong with Belgium?
  • Not quite sure what happened then!

Think that @Rossman92 must have edited his post as I was quoting it. He was talking about a pre-season tour of America.

Think that @Rossman92 must have edited his post as I was quoting it. He was talking about a pre-season tour of America.
    My apologies mate, I thought I was quoting the quote from Airman on the American owners, I did edit it
  • I called it on page ... @Chizz (offical takeover thread historian) help me here mate. What page?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:

J BLOCK said:

American money, according to airman

Joel Macdona?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Macdonald

...might end up having a (player) farm
    Can’t see Bowyer being sacked, both have a lot in common:

Whilst playing for the Brisbane Lions, in late 2008 Macdonald was arrested and charged for being a public nuisance and summoned to appear in the Brisbane Magistrates Court.

• I called it on page ... @Chizz (offical takeover thread historian) help me here mate. What page?!
    If I remember it correctly, I'm pretty sure you said you saw him (and, I think, Bill Gates) on p718.
  • Not sure how we’ve got into discussions on games and players from years ago now, but let’s park it there and concentrate this thread back to it’s sale focus. Which hopefully will be very soon, but I see that by the end of last week has moved to Monday, Monday or Tuesday, and now it seems by Wednesday.

Suspect there will be a few avid snappers around the West Stand and East Stand boxes today

FFS, if you start with the fish puns we're all in trouble.
    I just hope the new owners show their face at the Valley later instead of playing it Koi.
  • Laddick01 said:

Dr Kish reporting its the Atlassian guys

I’ve always respected what Kish writes, and if that’s true, these guys are absolutely minted.
    Same
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!