Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited January 2019
    http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/968836554?-11197:833

So last night @airman says the money is American, then a few hours later, this.
  • The software guys are Aussies but raised money through US IPO - so it could tie up? Or am I clutching at straws?

• Say hello to our new owners..

Scott Farquhar Net worth 5.7 Billion USD

AND

Mike Cannon Brooks Net worth 5.4 Billion USD
  • edited January 2019
    Sod it! I’m going today!
    Too excited about next week! Just hope it’s true.
    If the deal is already signed as some are saying then the money isn’t going to Roland anyway.
    Never wanted a weekend to go quicker in my life!!😂

AND

Thought it was now American money ?
  • http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/968836554?-11197:833

Nuffink there.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/968836554?-11197:833

Nuffink there.
    Mentioned the new owners were the two wealthy Atlassian guys. Seems to have been removed.

AND

Even if it is them it means nothing if they're not prepared to invest. Roland isn't exactly poor. Stan Kroenke is worth 7 billion but hasn't put a penny of his own money into Arsenal.
  • Hmm Kish has taken it down now maybe he’s jumped the gun
  • DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

DOUCHER said:

Mal said:

Charlton Soul

@CharltonSoul
    29m29 minutes ago
    More
    @JimWhite round up

- People brokering the deal have said that club will change hands Monday. (Australians)

- Money is there and been confirmed

- Thought to be in the region of 20-30 million

- 'I know some charlton fans are sceptical but I’m on the money with this one'

Are you doucher in disguise ? he assured us weeks/months/years ago he would be the first to let us know
    can't confirm yet but lets just say that I've swung into the 'this could well be imminent' group
    From first to know to last to know :wink:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nox57hdgeAU
    All rumours at the moment - will let u know when something concrete happens!!!! Just hope we get a good crowd tomorrow now
    Nope.
    Jim White on Sky News is reporting it as definite.
    You had one job - to be the first to break the news and thereby retain your position of smuggest know-it-all on the block.
    Epic fail Douche. Late to the party mate :wink:
    no matter how smug i can be, i will never be the smuggest know it all on here - i will confirm if it gets completed however, which it hasn't yet, so relax
  • These are two were two random 30 something Australian multi millionaires mentioned in a post about 20 pages ago.

They have nothing to do with the purchase of CAFC.

FFS
  • Sponsored links:

• Addickted said:

These are two were two random 30 something Australian multi millionaires mentioned in a post about 20 pages ago.

They have nothing to do with the purchase of CAFC.

FFS

Cannon brookea is american who studied in aus the other is oz so ties together with what airman said and the oz link....
  • Laddick01 said:

I was under the impression Kish was well connected
    Surely he hasn’t just copied the speculation from here?

Or his website got hacked ?!
  • Dr Kish got the Scott Farquhar & Mike Cannon Brooks names from someone who saw them mentioned on CL.

It could still be them, they fit the profile but the person who said it was MCB, while being a very reliable source and all round good guy, might just have be making a joke.
  • edited January 2019
  • Each to their own re boycotting, at the time i agreed with BDL in that i thought boycotting had a negative effect - after all, RD didnt give a toss if you went or not - but each to their own.

I wonder how much of an impact IFollow will have had ?- as a lot of people have got used to watching the game from their armchair and the habit of going to the Valley will have diminished.
  • Each to their own re boycotting, at the time i agreed with BDL in that i thought boycotting had a negative effect - after all, RD didnt give a toss if you went or not - but each to their own.

I wonder how much of an impact IFollow will have had ?- as a lot of people have got used to watching the game from their armchair and the habit of going to the Valley will have diminished.

Was equally worried that iFollow would get me used to watching games from the warmth and comfort of my own home as see all away games that way - Cant replace being at the actual Valley though and seeing friends etc.
  • So, for the benefit of those who can’t keep up (me).
    Have we been bought? If so who is behind the purchase and what are their plans for the club?
    Does anyone know more than speculation or made up nonsense?

Was equally worried that iFollow would get me used to watching games from the warmth and comfort of my own home as see all away games that way - Cant replace being at the actual Valley though and seeing friends etc.
    “The President” hasn’t got any friends!
  • Folks, I have lived in Oz for 20 plus years now and am pretty familiar with the local sporting scene across all codes.

Sorry to piss on the chips here but I have never heard of any “mid 30s” businessman involved in AFL that is minted - nobody comes to mind.

None of the AFL clubs have anything like the sort of cash needed to compete at Premier League level - not even the biggest clubs like Collingwood who regularly draw 80,000 crowds.

There are very few Aussies with the sort of cash that Charlton need except for the likes of James Packer, Gin Rinehart, Kerry Stokes or a handful of others.

The only young businessman with the sort of cash we are talking about here is someone like Mike Cannon-Brookes, founder of software firm Atlassian, but he has zero interest in football AFAIK.

Just doesn’t feel right to me.

@Ormiston Addick was the first person to mention MC-B but he was just putting his name out there.

Not sure how we've got onto people assuming it must be him.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!