Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Just spoke to Jim White. His info comes not from Roly but the other side. He says Tuesday/Wednesday.

Via Clinton Baptiste?
  • Scoham said:

Dr Kish reporting its the Atlassian guys

Seems he’s taken it down now...
    It’s that easy to get a random rumour going. People need to relax. We’ve been here so many times before.
    This with bells on

I would piss myself if it was the Atlassian blokes.
    Why?
    Coz, what with the put downs by the self-appointed CL elders when the Atlassian guys were mentioned as 'it was a joke' or 'this is how fake news starts' or 'its definitely not them' to Airman now stating its American money - if it turns out that it is the Atlasssian blokes (regardless of how American you can make one of the them) would mean that basically everyone in the above category knows fuck-all really about whats going-on!
  • Scoham said:

Dr Kish reporting its the Atlassian guys

Seems he’s taken it down now...
    It’s that easy to get a random rumour going. People need to relax. We’ve been here so many times before.
    This with bells on

I would piss myself if it was the Atlassian blokes.
    Why?
    Coz, what with the put downs by the self-appointed CL elders when the Atlassian guys were mentioned as 'it was a joke' or 'this is how fake news starts' or 'its definitely not them' to Airman now stating its American money - if it turns out that it is the Atlasssian blokes (regardless of how American you can make one of the them) would mean that basically everyone in the above category knows fuck-all really about whats going-on!
    That would be 99.999% of us. The0.001% being Doucher.
  • J BLOCK said:

American money, according to airman

Dollars?
  • Just seen a guy in a 3 piece suit & tie, white haired, giving a talk to about 10-15 others in the Directors’ Box. Lots of hand gestures & gesticulating while pointing out various parts of the ground. He got an ovation at the end & they all headed off inside after lots of hand shaking. He did look a lot like Gerald Murphy. Maybe he was introducing other investors to the club?

Or just a staff pre-game meeting?
  • Just seen a guy in a 3 piece suit & tie, white haired, giving a talk to about 10-15 others in the Directors’ Box. Lots of hand gestures & gesticulating while pointing out various parts of the ground. He got an ovation at the end & they all headed off inside after lots of hand shaking. He did look a lot like Gerald Murphy. Maybe he was introducing other investors to the club?

Likely to be keohane?
    He’s the last remaining SMT
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Just seen a guy in a 3 piece suit & tie, white haired, giving a talk to about 10-15 others in the Directors’ Box. Lots of hand gestures & gesticulating while pointing out various parts of the ground. He got an ovation at the end & they all headed off inside after lots of hand shaking. He did look a lot like Gerald Murphy. Maybe he was introducing other investors to the club?

I can see that you are not taking this in the intended spirit 😀

Chris Parkes?
  • I can feel it in my fingers and feel it in bones...the takeover is nearly close now as everybody knows.

It’s happening!!!
  • 1409 , come on keep it coming !
  • sammy391 said:

Just seen a guy in a 3 piece suit & tie, white haired, giving a talk to about 10-15 others in the Directors’ Box. Lots of hand gestures & gesticulating while pointing out various parts of the ground. He got an ovation at the end & they all headed off inside after lots of hand shaking. He did look a lot like Gerald Murphy. Maybe he was introducing other investors to the club?

Likely to be keohane?
    Trying to look after himself, no doubt.
    American investors and our Tone turns up in a photo with Donald, starting to make sense now. Remember you heard it here first. ;)
  • T_C_E said:

sammy391 said:

Likely to be keohane?
    Trying to look after himself, no doubt.
    American investors and our Tone turns up in a photo with Donald, starting to make sense now. Remember you heard it here first. ;)
    Looking at trumps pals, do you think he only hires bald people so his wig looks better? Just putting it out there.
  • Scoham said:

I can see that you are not taking this in the intended spirit 😀
    Sorry.

The guy in the suit is the new CEO. The larger man is the new CFO, while the younger looking bloke with the green and red tie is their football advisor, who will be the “Football Operations Manager” - whatever that is?

Is that better?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2019
    RedChaser
    January 4
    Chris_from_Sidcup said:

» show previous quotes
    If it's done then why only 'should' be announced next week?

If it's done, surely it's a given to be announced by Monday latest. Why would they be waiting and waiting to announce it?

I don't know, proof of funds and transfer of funds are two different things and arranging the press announcement etc but don't shoot the messenger who has reported in good faith what I thought I heard him say.

Jim White is at the ground, his info is from the guy that brokered the deal. Money to be transferred Monday and a deal should be announced Tuesday.

Cough, cough :wink:
  • edited January 2019

Just been told that it won’t go through until this thread reaches page 1905

Yeh but have they got the money now? :wink:
  • Scoham said:

According to someone on Facebook Murray has said “no smoke without fire” in regards to the takeover.

He also said it would be done last February :smiley:
  • Glovepup said:

Swisdom said:

1 - I suspect this had to be sorted before we could announce "Jonniesta" this morning

2 - @Glovepup - if you are still the man in power can you PLEASE play Tie me Kangaroo Down Sport before the game tomorrow. Please. Pretty please. That will get the crowd gee'd up

I gave up doing the music about 2 seasons ago, apparently it's been dreadful since I left? (you're supposed to say yes). If I was in the hot seat I would sure make the music choice topical.
    Always fancied that job myself but I didn't like the hours! Also, apparently its not appropriate to play "I'm in the mood for Dancing" when we are at home to the spanners. ;)
  • RedChaser said:

Just been told that it won’t go through until this thread reaches page 1905

Yeh but have they got the money now? :wink:
    They won’t now until page 1905 mate so hold the Champers and the party poppers long way to go yet
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!