Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Uboat said:

David Smith the (potential) new owners have earned far more than £7m since you started reposting. Repayment of the loans doesn't need negotiating with the debenture holders, they are repaid then they are gone.

Who are the new owners? Do you know for sure they are repaying? Apart from Murray they were all gone in 2010,leaving their debt to save the club from admin.
    I am sure they hope you are correct.
    Will be the first owners ever to engage with them properly since 2010.
    Be fair. The spivs engaged with them - they banned some of them from the ground at times.
    Thanks to Roland, it's easy to forget that Slater and Jiminez were also dickheads. They were the John the Baptists of dickheadery, preparing the way for the biggest dickhead of them all.
    Oh god I hope you’re right and we don’t end up with an even bigger dickhead where we look back with fondness at the tenure of Duchatelet
  • David Smith the (potential) new owners have earned far more than £7m since you started reposting. Repayment of the loans doesn't need negotiating with the debenture holders, they are repaid then they are gone.

Who are the new owners? Do you know for sure they are repaying? Apart from Murray they were all gone in 2010,leaving their debt to save the club from admin.
    I am sure they hope you are correct.
    Will be the first owners ever to engage with them properly since 2010.
    Be fair. The spivs engaged with them - they banned some of them from the ground at times.
    I am sure I saw RD engage with one of them or atleast one of his minions in a @Curb_It style headlock during one game at home a couple of seasons back as well
  • Just catching up with the Friday evening/overnight posts on this thread and was mightily excited to see 5 new pages of posts!! Only to read that its mainly about WIwLB having 'discussions' with everyone who answered his posts, only briefly interrupted with posts about who is buying us!!
    Lets all move on, please!!!! (not the first time I've said this), the last 5 years have seen fans turn on other fans depending on whether you supported RD, did not support RD, were a protester or a boycotter, or you despised those that were, or indeed the many who were in no camp but decided to find something else to do on a Saturday because we were just a laughing stock of a club!! If we are now under new ownership (or will be by next week), its time to put down a new marker and the fans unite to try and help the team get over the promotion line and show these new owners just what we supporters can do to help the team on the pitch on match days. The time for recriminations and polarised camps should now be a thing of the past and name-calling to cease. Can we at least try?
    As for Dr Kish, I do know him and he is well connected inside the club, it could be he published his article not from hearing it on here, but after hearing from other 'sources' and may have been asked to take it down until after the deal is complete? I'm not in the know, but it is unlike Dr Kish to publish something and then take it down again, so I would sugest we just wait and see. Now lets all make up and leave the past where it should be....in the past.
    COYR's

Hear Hear! Been fed up with 'fan against fan' for a while now. It ain't 'old school' Charlton!
  • DA9 said:

Not been there for years , seriously is that London Bridge , looks amazing !
    Is there still that sticky little boozer next door to the ticket office where the station split and you had to show tickets to get to platforms heading towards Sidcup, bexleyheath etc
    I cannot remember the name but I do remember the bloody thing did not have a toilet and you had to pop along to the concourse area to have a piddle.
    The Oasthouse, long gone
    Proper shithole but I pretty much used to go in for the last pint before my last train every time I was out in the city. No bog, stunk of puke but had an ok jukebox.
  • Will boycotters return?
    I’ve just been informed my bestie is going today.
    She’s not set foot inside the Valley since Douchbag bought us & she’s second generation CAFC. I honestly didn’t see that coming.
    Me?
    I’m all aboard the Shrewsbury bus, until he’s officially gone I’m staying in West Cork.

Boycotters will return - lapsed supporters will need more encouragement. There are almost certainly a lot more of the latter than the former.
    Completely agree.
    It happened during our first exile, no reason why history can’t repeat itself.
    Just needs everyone to get behind it once the old eejit has finally fecked off :smile:
  • edited January 2019

Will boycotters return?
    I’ve just been informed my bestie is going today.
    She’s not set foot inside the Valley since Douchbag bought us & she’s second generation CAFC. I honestly didn’t see that coming.
    Me?
    I’m all aboard the Shrewsbury bus, until he’s officially gone I’m staying in West Cork.

Boycotters will return - lapsed supporters will need more encouragement. There are almost certainly a lot more of the latter than the former.
    This ... I’m sitting here with my credit card waiting for the announcement. It’s going to be incumbent on the current supporters and boycotters to entice the lapsed supporters out of their hibernation #TeamWIOTOS
  • The takeover has to complete today as the prophesied page landed today.
  • DA9 said:

Not been there for years , seriously is that London Bridge , looks amazing !
    Is there still that sticky little boozer next door to the ticket office where the station split and you had to show tickets to get to platforms heading towards Sidcup, bexleyheath etc
    I cannot remember the name but I do remember the bloody thing did not have a toilet and you had to pop along to the concourse area to have a piddle.
    The Oasthouse, long gone
    No bog, stunk of puke but had an ok jukebox.
    So is that three stars or four?
  • Sponsored links:

• Christ. Just how disappointing is this going to be if it’s just another false dawn.

This would be the worst, as it would mean at least another five months of Duch.
  • Hmm Kish has taken it down now maybe he’s jumped the gun

Can we not talk about guns in front of our prospective new American friends.
  • And an excellent response, @IdleHans
  • You’re right of course Nug.
    But those who have sought to cause division I didn’t particularly have time for pre Douchbag and as such avoided them at all costs.
    No change for me so.
    COYR!
  • Just spoke to Jim White. His info comes not from Roly but the other side. He says Tuesday/Wednesday.

Game changer
  • Given his direct line to Roly I reckon he would have checked with him before sharing it. Hopefully means both sides are on the same page.
  • Sponsored links:

• N

Charlton fans must and will all unite under the new owners to get us back to where we belong. We seem to have stumbled onto a good manager and assistant manager so that will make things easier. It seems a bit unfair, but the successful future is not about us whether we are boycotters or attenders but it is about those people out there who don't care as much as we do. Give them the product and we have seen what can be achieved.

My wife is not a great fan of football but when I first met her I took her to the Valley. This was during the period when the place was rocking. She didn't need to know anything about football, the rocking atmosphere was intoxicating. She wanted to go to every game. I pity the younger fans who have not experienced it. Sir Alex Ferguson commented once that it was one of the most intimidating places to go to. You came out of the place buzzing. The Valley can be one of the best arenas to watch football or one of the most depressing. We all need to do what little we can to get it back to the former. That might be just encouraging some mates to go along. We all do our bit and we will get back up there. COYRs.

Couldn’t agree more, I remember the very lean days at the Valley, Selhurt and Upton, where crowds of 5k plus were considered bumper, Let’s all unite under the new ownership and get this great club back to where it belongs 😊 Not long now !!!

• Well if it is the Atlassian fellas, here is a picture of Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes. So we can keep a look out in the directors box today :wink:
  • As long as anyone who was Pro Roland after the first year puts their hands up and apologises I have no problem moving on .
    It takes a big person to admit they’re wrong .
    Just kidding

I was wrong! 😉😂
  • Hold on so Jim White said it was going to be 24hrs, then 48hrs, then 72hrs, then Monday/Tuesday, now Tuesday/Wednesday?
    He seems desperate to cover all bases and (almost) be the first to break the news....
    Sounds like our regular FOMO on here.....
  • On my way to the game!! Pit stop at the Maxwell in Orpington first though 👍🏻🍺🍺
  • Can I ask what the 'ing' in 'WIOTOSING' on the thread heading stands for.

I know the WIOTOS bit just confused by the ING
  • Sage said:

Well if it is the Atlassian fellas, here is a picture of Scott Farquhar and Mike Cannon-Brookes. So we can keep a look out in the directors box today :wink:

Here's Farquhar old man in case he's there as well. (On the right)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!