Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Apologies for skipping hundreds of pages of this thread.

I just want the truth ( I know you’ll say .... you can’t handle the truth!)

But my son tells me Jim White reckons a sale is going ahead in the next 48 hours, is this rumour a load of old shergar, or does it have legs?

Thanks for your help in anticipation (every transfer window for I don’t know how long we’ve been linked with a takeover that falls flat at the end).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Chizz said:

I just checked again to make sure I heard exactly what JW said about the timescale. Because some people seem to think he said it will be done in the next "48 hours" and some think he said "72 hours" and some still aren't sure. So I checked and it's absolutely clear. He said "the deal should be completed, as long as there are no snags and no other issues come up, some time in the next 48 to 72 months".

I think “before the weekend” is probably the basis of it and that is what he will have been told.
    48 hours is an eternity in radio land. The only listeners that will remember that section of 10 minutes in a week will be a few Charlton who have either tuned in or linked to via a forum. Not many in the grand scheme of things, although we all would like it to be different.
    Journalists talk about the present not the future.
  • Options
    That gives me a blank screen @Henry Irving , is that a deliberate post-modern joke?
  • Options

But my son tells me Jim White reckons a sale is going ahead in the next 48 hours, is this rumour a load of old shergar, or does it have legs?

Thanks for your help in anticipation (every transfer window for I don’t know how long we’ve been linked with a takeover that falls flat at the end).

We don't know. But we do know Jim White is in contact with RD.

We do know RD picked Jim White up at Brussels (I presume) airport, took Jim to lunch and gave Jim an interview some months back.

We do know RD gave Jim White a promised radio interview just before Xmas.

So I presume Jim White is likely to be best informed, as to what might be happening.
  • Options

We do know RD picked Jim White up at Brussels (I presume) airport, took Jim to lunch and gave Jim an interview some months back.

So I presume Jim White is likely to be best informed, as to what might be happening.
    Much like Richard Murray about a year ago now.
    If he managed to pull the wool over old Muzzas eyes back then bed wetting Jim White will be a piece of pi55!
  • Options

Most likely to have Duchatelet's version of what is happening
    Definitely RD's version.
  • Options

Much like Richard Murray about a year ago now.
    If he managed to pull the wool over old Muzzas eyes back then bed wetting Jim White will be a piece of pi55!
    Definitely maybe.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2019
    What’s BDL’s tweet about Murray mean ?

Dave Lockwood

@BigDL
    ·

We've been here before. Though I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm hoping that rumours of Murray outstaying his welcome aren't true. #cafc
  • Options
    Seems like BDL is implying he has heard rumours that RM is involved with whoever is taking over. And in doing so he has just started the rumour that RM is involved..
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    CafcCrazy said:

No more JS posts please (copied on here or replying to posts copied on here). HE posts at the mo on Twitter, respond there if you wish to engage. Don’t want this thread side tracked on that front again, ta

Just be thankful the fish puns have stopped.
    You might want to Mullet that over!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    It could be in the murky waters of Ducktape's lack of DD, Spivs lack of real Cash, Murray still has the pin number to part of the Valley. Would explain why he is part of RDs set-up despite no logical connection between the two.

Could it be the £7m which I vociferously poo-pooed? Perhaps the fine print had something I missed? Was he the only dissenter? If so, apologise to all I dissed.

Sorry if I'm floundering.
  • Options
    Listened to JW, can’t take it seriously, he thinks we still have three games in hand on Pompey and seven points behind.
  • Options

Seems like BDL is implying he has heard rumours that RM is involved with whoever is taking over. And in doing so he has just started the rumour that RM is involved..

Involved is probably too strong a word, I hope, but maybe he will remain on the Board in some capacity. Personally I want him gone too.

• Options

What’s BDL’s tweet about Murray mean ?

Dave Lockwood

@BigDL
    ·

We've been here before. Though I'm cautiously optimistic, I'm hoping that rumours of Murray outstaying his welcome aren't true. #cafc

I think the horse has long bolted on that one.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!