Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    N01R4M said:

Am I alone in thinking all of this is just an elaborate way for Roland to create a scenario whereby he can say in February the reason he did not invest in the team during the window was his expectation of an imminent sale, with new owners funding the necessary strengthening?

Remember, Roland thinks he has a superior intellect, and we (like all football fans in his estimation) are thick as pigshit.

Why would he need to bother doing that?
  • Options
    Paulie and others, when you post a twitter link can you also give a brief one liner as a lot of us cant access Twitter at work.
  • Options
    I'll believe it when it's signed, sealed and delivered.

Meanwhile, I've heard we have a few players out injured.
  • Options

Paulie and others, when you post a twitter link can you also give a brief one liner as a lot of us cant access Twitter at work.

Sorry mine was just James Seed responding to golfie on here, I know James is not on here so as he was responding to something Golfie said here I thought I would post it, anyway it was just this

Golfie re NDAs: ‘What a load of crap. LDV regularly spouts drivel such as "Aussies are still in" or "there are 5 groups including the brits" so GM wouldn't be breaking any NDA to just say wtf is happening.’
    Golfie, those examples aren’t sensitive info. Why would GM take a risk?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Nice to see James Seed is still lurking on here :smile:

What gives me more optimism than with the previous false dawns is the comment from Jim White that Roland has accepted a lower offer (£20 to £30m) as that is a SIGNIFICANT change from before.

I missed that. did he say that
  • Options

What gives me more optimism than with the previous false dawns is the comment from Jim White that Roland has accepted a lower offer (£20 to £30m) as that is a SIGNIFICANT change from before.

I don’t think it’s likely RD has disclosed any info about the price. The way it was presented by JW didn’t suggest to me he knew either.
  • Options
    My birthday tomo - they wouldn't wanna hurrybit up for me
  • Options
    Not holding my breath.
  • Options

I'll believe it when it's signed, sealed and delivered.

Meanwhile, I've heard we have a few players out injured.

Heaven help us all
  • Options

shirty5 said:

sammy391 said:

My understanding is that's it is new Aussies with a younger bloke being the main money but still linked to the same original bid via Murphy.

My own view is that Duchatelet is still a twat and will dick around with this and any other potential buyers.

White is most likely being fed his info from Roland or his stooges.

There is no 48 or 72 deadline and White never said there was.

WIOTOS

Younger Aussie in his mid to late 30s, with a background in Aussie Rules.
    Joel Macdonald?
    In February 2018 MacDonald was named defendant along with his company GetSwift in a A$300M class action lodged in the Federal Court of Australia for failing to disclose price sensitive information to the public. Shares in his company GetSwift suffered a 67% loss in the two days after the action was announced.[14] The company is contesting the accusation and has separately accused Squire Patton Boggs of overstating the claim to A$300M.[15]

In January 2018 while CEO of GetSwift, Macdonald was accused of misleading the market by overstating revenue forecasts the public and failing to disclose the loss of what GetSwift claimed were not materially significant contracts.[9][10] Macdonald's company GetSwift requested to enter into a voluntary Trading Halt[11] while they responded to questions by the Australian Securities Exchange.[5][12] This is the second time Macdonald's company has been suspended from trade, after the Australian Securities Exchange issued a trading halt and requested more information after the company announced a deal with Amazon.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Macdonald

I heard the guy was slightly older then 34, but don't have a name.
    His parents must have called him something?
    Multiple lol's
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Not holding my breath.

This is my advice to all on here chill don’t hold your breath be prepared to be disappointed and underwhelmed
    Disappointed I get. Underwhelmed by the quality of the Aussie owners?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

he's never been away from twitter and it's not him posting on here but someone else lifting it from twitter so no, he's not back

He's blocked me so I couldn't tell ya. If you don't agree with him or question him your blocked. Can't stand people like that
  • Options

shirty5 said:

sammy391 said:

My understanding is that's it is new Aussies with a younger bloke being the main money but still linked to the same original bid via Murphy.

My own view is that Duchatelet is still a twat and will dick around with this and any other potential buyers.

White is most likely being fed his info from Roland or his stooges.

There is no 48 or 72 deadline and White never said there was.

WIOTOS

Younger Aussie in his mid to late 30s, with a background in Aussie Rules.
    Joel Macdonald?
    In February 2018 MacDonald was named defendant along with his company GetSwift in a A$300M class action lodged in the Federal Court of Australia for failing to disclose price sensitive information to the public. Shares in his company GetSwift suffered a 67% loss in the two days after the action was announced.[14] The company is contesting the accusation and has separately accused Squire Patton Boggs of overstating the claim to A$300M.[15]

In January 2018 while CEO of GetSwift, Macdonald was accused of misleading the market by overstating revenue forecasts the public and failing to disclose the loss of what GetSwift claimed were not materially significant contracts.[9][10] Macdonald's company GetSwift requested to enter into a voluntary Trading Halt[11] while they responded to questions by the Australian Securities Exchange.[5][12] This is the second time Macdonald's company has been suspended from trade, after the Australian Securities Exchange issued a trading halt and requested more information after the company announced a deal with Amazon.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Macdonald

I heard the guy was slightly older then 34, but don't have a name.
    His parents must have called him something?
    Multiple lol's
    Strange name, but I've seen worse.
  • Options
    Agree with NLA . Prepare to be underwhelmed as they don't appear to be minted 😡 .
  • Options
    Gammon said:

They can sit tight until Friday as far as I'm concerned as that's my Birthday.
  • Options

Agree with NLA . Prepare to be underwhelmed as they don't appear to be minted 😡 .

Dushitelet will probably still own The Valley.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Gammon said:

They can sit tight until Friday as far as I'm concerned as that's my Birthday.
    This is getting like the attendance at the 7-6 Huddersfield match, it's a lot of lifers birthdays on Friday :wink:
  • Options

LenGlover said:

Not holding my breath.

This is my advice to all on here chill don’t hold your breath be prepared to be disappointed and underwhelmed
    Probably what my Mrs thinks before my 3 seconds of passion
    Even though it’s only 3 seconds - she’d probably be better off if she did hold her breath......just in case.
  • Options

I don’t think it’s likely RD has disclosed any info about the price. The way it was presented by JW didn’t suggest to me he knew either.
    Not heard the actual radio comment, but surely JW wouldn't have mentioned the price range unless he knew something reasonably concrete?
    . @JimWhite has heard the figure is between £20 million and £30 million, which would suggest that Roland Duchatelet has finally decided to bite the bullet and cut his asking price drastically. #cafc
  • Options

Not heard the actual radio comment, but surely JW wouldn't have mentioned the price range unless he knew something reasonably concrete?
    . @JimWhite has heard the figure is between £20 million and £30 million, which would suggest that Roland Duchatelet has finally decided to bite the bullet and cut his asking price drastically. #cafc
    I wouldn’t put any weight on it. I don’t think JW is focused on the detail and if RD didn’t tell him - which he’s shown no inclination to do before - he wouldn’t know. I’ve also heard contradictory information.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!