Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Nice to see James Seed is still lurking on here :smile:

What gives me more optimism than with the previous false dawns is the comment from Jim White that Roland has accepted a lower offer (£20 to £30m) as that is a SIGNIFICANT change from before.

I don’t think it’s likely RD has disclosed any info about the price. The way it was presented by JW didn’t suggest to me he knew either.
    Not heard the actual radio comment, but surely JW wouldn't have mentioned the price range unless he knew something reasonably concrete?
    . @JimWhite has heard the figure is between £20 million and £30 million, which would suggest that Roland Duchatelet has finally decided to bite the bullet and cut his asking price drastically. #cafc
    I wouldn’t put any weight on it. I don’t think JW is focused on the detail and if RD didn’t tell him - which he’s shown no inclination to do before - he wouldn’t know. I’ve also heard contradictory information.

So can you tell us what is actually happening Airman ??
  • Options
    Like everyone, IF...it happens then brilliant, but until we hear about details of any deal, then I'd still be concerned about this lower price tag if correct, would it for example include all the clubs assets, or would Roland still have control over a part of it, like the training ground.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    FAVADDICK said:

I think he is trying to sell the club, but at an inflated price to people who may or may not have the money. Nothing more or less than that.
  • Options
    Anyone really believe that tickets may go on restricted sale due to Sunderland fans trying to get in the Charlton areas or is it a sign Duchatelat is on his way and coping with demand in the home end is the real reason??😉😉👍🏻
  • Options
    Does have that ‘needle returns to the start of the track’ feel to it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "when the two sevens clash"
  • Options
    Could it be that The Valley is not now part of the sale which is why the price has possibly dropped - he did the same with STVV.
  • Options

FAVADDICK said:

I think he is trying to sell the club, but at an inflated price to people who may or may not have the money. Nothing more or less than that.
    So where has this 48 hours thing come from then like we've said before surely a price must of been agreed before due dillegence was undertaken
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

FAVADDICK said:

So where has this 48 hours thing come from then like we've said before surely a price must of been agreed before due dillegence was undertaken
    RD via Jim White, so presumably he has dropped the asking price.
  • Options

I’ve taken a lot of stick from a few people over this takeover, during the past months, basically for passing on info. That’s fine, I’ve learned to see the funny side. But no-one died, it’s only football. If it happens, it happens, if not we live to fight another day. #cafc
    Sounds like Jimmy's speech for "FESTIVUS". :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Not based on any specific information but based on things we have been told and what we know already, I would guess the following.

We have been told by the club that the potential buyers haven't withdrawn. The potential buyers have not announced they have withdrawn. That to me suggests they must have submitted an offer below the asking price, which Duchatelet hadn't/hasn't accepted. Presumably that offer has been on the table for a long time.

That JW has told us that they have to prove they have the money suggests there has been a development. You would imagine that Duchatelet has decided to accept the offer, or they have submitted an improved offer. Either of these makes the statement logical whereas I can't think of anything else that would. You may say, of course they have to prove they have the money to the EFL, but that is not what the statement has said. For it to be announced something has to have just happened.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    So going by JW we should hear from now... in the next 39 to 63hrs... and counting down..
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think too many people are getting hung up on the "48" or "72" hours. Admittedly I've not listened to the JW radio clip but for. What I've read on here I think he just said "very soon" or even the classic VOTV "imminent". Just don't think It will be done by the weekend......or even by next week.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

So going by JW we should hear from now... in the next 39 to 63hrs... and counting down..

He said 48 hours, then ‘48 / 72 hours - the man was clearly guessing !
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Sorry Roland
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Nice knickname btw :)
  • Options

he's never been away from twitter and it's not him posting on here but someone else lifting it from twitter so no, he's not back

He's blocked me so I couldn't tell ya. If you don't agree with him or question him your blocked. Can't stand people like that
    Ha! James O'Brien of LBC infamy did exactly the same to me when I told him he was a narcissist and that I found his self-righteous campaign nauseating! :smiley:
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

I’m not coz I don’t think it’s going to happen ... just a gut feeling
  • Options
    Mmmmnn....where’s that slimey bite sized thread now huh?
  • Options

I’ve taken a lot of stick from a few people over this takeover, during the past months, basically for passing on info. That’s fine, I’ve learned to see the funny side. But no-one died, it’s only football. If it happens, it happens, if not we live to fight another day. #cafc
    He's taken some stick?
    He should spend a day in my suede loafers, being a fashion guru is bloody hard work. ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!