Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Wtf is WIOTOS

W ?
    I ?
    ON
    THE
    OFFICIAL
    SITE?

When
    It's

An abbreviation of the oft misquoted "I'll believe it when it's on the official site"
  • Options

My understanding is that's it is new Aussies with a younger bloke being the main money but still linked to the same original bid via Murphy.

My own view is that Duchatelet is still a twat and will dick around with this and any other potential buyers.

White is most likely being fed his info from Roland or his stooges.

There is no 48 or 72 deadline and White never said there was.

WIOTOS

Younger Aussie in his mid to late 30s, with a background in Aussie Rules.
    Charlton about to become brawlers then! Haha
  • Options

My understanding is that's it is new Aussies with a younger bloke being the main money but still linked to the same original bid via Murphy.

My own view is that Duchatelet is still a twat and will dick around with this and any other potential buyers.

WIOTOS

Yes, but hadn't heard the Aussie Rules part. Good news as wouldn't want a rugger type taking over
  • Options

WIOTOS

Joel Macdonald?
  • Options

WIOTOS

Is it Muir’s son?
  • Options
    _MrDick said:

WIOTOS

Is it Muir’s son?
    Is it The Ghost and Mrs Muir's son ?
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Unless, of course, the positive spin is that maybe the Aussies didnt like or want to finance the likes of Sarr and Bauer at their rates, and now believe its the perfect /optimum time, with the club in the top 6 to spend the cash (with maybe a discounted price) with the possibility of getting to the Champs.

The thing is, if its the same Aussie consortium as before, then why would they need to be shown around the Valley again?

They are counting the seats as they cant understand why we say we have an attendance of 12000 yet there are over 20000 empty spaces.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:

For anybody who wants to here what Jim White & Simon Jordan said on the takeover,listen here.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1546423200/1546423200/

9 mins to 16 mins.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

clive said:

For anybody who wants to here what Jim White & Simon Jordan said on the takeover,listen here.

Thanks Clive.

We’ve got 74 hours left in Australia. Bring it over the line lads!! Love The Aussies right now and this will top it off!!

Brenda, can you sort it out before you come back. Thanks.
  • Options

I heard Kevin Muscat is involved

Muscat’s a shithouse!

• Options

addick05 said:

WIOTOS

Sadly, I think you are correct. I refuse to get my hopes up. White is just speculating (he's a journalist after all) it's his job to conjure up a good story. WIOTOS !!
    I think the story has legs and is true to the point that yes, someone is looking around and MAY buy the club.

White is indeed a journalist and wants a good story but I don't think he is making what he has said up. I believe that that is what he has been told. I just don't believe the person who was telling him (Duchatelet).

The deal is either 100% done or 0% done. At present it is 0% done.

Offer could be serious or it might just be a potential member of the consortium was in London, fancied looking over the gaff before committing any money and so was given the tour (didn't see him in the museum which is a shame as that would have sealed the deal).

WIOTOS
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/lee-bowyer-hopeful-charlton-takeover-is-close-a4022936.html

This story is directly related to the latest one.
  • Options

If a deal really is so near, what is the purpose of the Fans' Forum meeting?
  • Options

"bored with this"

"Close this thread"

Said the easily bored and the shortsighted.

Viva la takeover thread

Give that man a promote!
  • Options

Curb_It said:

clive said:

Thanks Clive.

We’ve got 74 hours left in Australia. Bring it over the line lads!! Love The Aussies right now and this will top it off!!

Brenda, can you sort it out before you come back. Thanks.

Taking them out for dinner to negotiate.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    sammy391 said:

WIOTOS

Joel Macdonald?
    In February 2018 MacDonald was named defendant along with his company GetSwift in a A$300M class action lodged in the Federal Court of Australia for failing to disclose price sensitive information to the public. Shares in his company GetSwift suffered a 67% loss in the two days after the action was announced.[14] The company is contesting the accusation and has separately accused Squire Patton Boggs of overstating the claim to A$300M.[15]

In January 2018 while CEO of GetSwift, Macdonald was accused of misleading the market by overstating revenue forecasts the public and failing to disclose the loss of what GetSwift claimed were not materially significant contracts.[9][10] Macdonald's company GetSwift requested to enter into a voluntary Trading Halt[11] while they responded to questions by the Australian Securities Exchange.[5][12] This is the second time Macdonald's company has been suspended from trade, after the Australian Securities Exchange issued a trading halt and requested more information after the company announced a deal with Amazon.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Macdonald

• Sponsored links:

• Options

At the Sunderland game for those going, just start singing

Stand up if you’re Australian
    Stand up if you’re Australian

That’ll flush the buggers out.

Or 'stand on your heads'?

• Options
    Also only worth 100mio
  • Options
    When did Tango Man start talking like Chris Eubank ?
    clive said:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

sammy391 said:

WIOTOS

Joel Macdonald?
    In February 2018 MacDonald was named defendant along with his company GetSwift in a A$300M class action lodged in the Federal Court of Australia for failing to disclose price sensitive information to the public. Shares in his company GetSwift suffered a 67% loss in the two days after the action was announced.[14] The company is contesting the accusation and has separately accused Squire Patton Boggs of overstating the claim to A$300M.[15]

In January 2018 while CEO of GetSwift, Macdonald was accused of misleading the market by overstating revenue forecasts the public and failing to disclose the loss of what GetSwift claimed were not materially significant contracts.[9][10] Macdonald's company GetSwift requested to enter into a voluntary Trading Halt[11] while they responded to questions by the Australian Securities Exchange.[5][12] This is the second time Macdonald's company has been suspended from trade, after the Australian Securities Exchange issued a trading halt and requested more information after the company announced a deal with Amazon.[13]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joel_Macdonald

I heard the guy was slightly older then 34, but don't have a name.
  • Options

addick05 said:

WIOTOS

Sadly, I think you are correct. I refuse to get my hopes up. White is just speculating (he's a journalist after all) it's his job to conjure up a good story. WIOTOS !!
    I think the story has legs and is true to the point that yes, someone is looking around and MAY buy the club.

White is indeed a journalist and wants a good story but I don't think he is making what he has said up. I believe that that is what he has been told. I just don't believe the person who was telling him (Duchatelet).

The deal is either 100% done or 0% done. At present it is 0% done.

Offer could be serious or it might just be a potential member of the consortium was in London, fancied looking over the gaff before committing any money and so was given the tour (didn't see him in the museum which is a shame as that would have sealed the deal).

WIOTOS
    https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/lee-bowyer-hopeful-charlton-takeover-is-close-a4022936.html

This story is directly related to the latest one.
    Yes, the ES story is from the 20th December in case anyone misses the date.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

shirty5 said:
    The man who helped fuck up the club being brought by AEG, can wind his neck in
    Howso? Genuine question
  • Options

would stick an extra 500 on the gate Saturday if it happens

Heard Sunderland are bringing 5000, 2000 in the East Stand.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!