Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Any interested party will surely have been working overtime to ensure that all the necessary paperwork is done by early January

It doesn't mean it will happen, but time is of the essence. Once the January transfer deadline has passed, then you might as well wait until the summer

...and repeat...
  • Options

My guess now is that the bodies that were shown round the training ground and watched the game are just possible investors that the Aussies are trying to get on board. If Jim White is saying that proof of funds are still not provided then I suspect we are still months away if ever with the Aussies.

Going back to disappointment mode.

When I heard the latest rumour I wondered if they were a new bunch ( and therefore with the whole process ahead of them) or existing. If they're new people joining the Aussies a guess they fall into both categories.

Re: the multiple out of contract players, perhaps Roland is hoping new owners will take the hit, most include wage rises and signing on fees.
  • Options
    Even proof of funds doesn't mean anything unless Roland has dropped his asking price or they're prepared to pay it.
  • Options
    edited January 2019

If you ignore the stupid price, it would be a good time to purchase the club. You can make the additional investment needed to push for promotion knowing that at the end of the season a load of high earners come off the books, giving you a clean slate going forward.

And you haven't had to carry the operating costs for the last 3-6 months.

But, part of a clean slate almost certainly will entail tying down salable assets to new contracts--Bauer, Fosu, Aribo, Reeves, Grant, Phillips, others I'm forgetting. It's a good chance to move on the likes of Igor and Ajose, maybe Sarr (though I'd love to keep him), but I don't think you want to lose all 13 on a free.
  • Options
    -37.814, 144.96332

• Options
    edited January 2019

If it's the same group as before then in theory it would make sense that it's just proof of funds being awaited. It could be based on new investors being roped in who have to prove they're capable of investing the agreed amount, while all other agreements are already in place from previous negotiations. Not pinning my hopes on it though.

(Yeah, I know I said I wasn't' getting involved but it turns out going back to work is even more depressing than make-believe takeovers)

I nearly wished you a Happy New Year after your earlier post but I thought give it until after midday and the back to work blues will have subsided a bit :wink:
  • Options
    Could be a very interesting two weeks ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just curious, why would Jim White have 'inside' information. Are we all chasing echoes of the Rick Everitt rumour?

I don't know what you're chasing, but I've had no contact with JW since Christmas. I haven't mentioned 72 hours, on here or elsewhere (for obvious reasons), but I have heard similar.

Understand JW said they still have to show proof of funds. Hmmm.
    Still have to show proof of funds !!!!!!!

Can’t see this being anything close to 72 hours.

They are waiting for their xmas money cheques to clear first. Also they probably got paid a week or 2 early for xmas last month so I'm guessing they will have to wait until this pay day before they can show that they have the funds available.
  • Options

Just curious, why would Jim White have 'inside' information. Are we all chasing echoes of the Rick Everitt rumour?

I don't know what you're chasing, but I've had no contact with JW since Christmas. I haven't mentioned 72 hours, on here or elsewhere (for obvious reasons), but I have heard similar.

Understand JW said they still have to show proof of funds. Hmmm.
    Still have to show proof of funds !!!!!!!

Can’t see this being anything close to 72 hours.

They are waiting for their xmas money cheques to clear first. Also they probably got paid a week or 2 early for xmas last month so I'm guessing they will have to wait until this pay day before they can show that they have the funds available.
    Maybe they are trying to convert Love to Shop vouchers into cash.....
  • Options
    I suppose they could have made a move and proof of funds is the next step. But we can only speculate and have had so many false dawns that suspecting the worst is now our default position.
  • Options
    It’s happening...I told you so ages ago!
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Jim White just said Aussie takeover expected in the next 48 hours.

so its not Redbull
  • Options

Ferryman said:

Jim White just said Aussie takeover expected in the next 48 hours.

so its not Redbull
    survey says
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What is the significance of the 72 hour deadline? Who has set this deadline and why? If they prove that they have the funds in a week, month or even a year is Roly going to say that they are too late it's not for sale anymore?
  • Options

What is their exit plan?

Surely its a Rexit?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Have I travelled back in time? I’m sure this has happened before... happy new year! Here’s to a great 2018...
  • Options
    how can it be 48 hours if they haven't proved they have the funds yet
  • Options

What is their exit plan?

Keep their heads down and scarper quickly , hope no one's looking !
  • Options
    Has to make you laugh, on the day where Chelsea have just stumped up 60 mill for a squad player at Dortmund our owner is asking for proof of cash for probably a lower sum to buy our whole club

Anyway let's hope Jim White is right
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!