Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Given the site's action on political threads, would it be remiss of me to point out that the Tories have suddenly realised that millions/billions of investment from Russian oligarchs in UK assets is actually money laundering. New Russian owners? Don't think so.
  • Options
    Fingers crossed something good is happening. It'd be nice to come back for the Sunderland match.
  • Options

Evidently Aussies at the game, club sources saying things looking hopeful.
    Mmmmm.

Just before ANOTHER fans forum.......yeah, right !!

• Options
    Knowing our luck it is just wind!
  • Options

Knowing our luck it is just wind!

It's a common ailment right after Christmas, sprouts do it for me, and turkey, even the dog wont share the bed with me.
  • Options

If you ignore the stupid price, it would be a good time to purchase the club. You can make the additional investment needed to push for promotion knowing that at the end of the season a load of high earners come off the books, giving you a clean slate going forward.

They would also have to pay for an entire bew squad.
  • Options
    This smells good to me.

Where is the takeover date prediction thread when you need it?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    How much closer this leaves us to a done deal though is still anyone’s guess.
  • Options

Wow,what a surprise,news of the takeover emerging,just a week before the next fans forum. Spooky. How stupid does Douche think us plebs are?

Anyone who thinks De Turck spends the Sunday between Christmas and New Year taking a party round the club in order to divert the fans’ forum is as delusional as Duchatelet. Why would he need to do that?

On the one hand people think the Belgians regard the fans as stupid or irrelevant, on the other they think RD is hatching elaborate schemes to divert them from protests. To what end? So he can lose more money, presumably.

I have no idea whether this will be the final act in the saga. I am very confident that it’s got sweet FA to do with the fans’ forum.
    Fair enough. We all wait with baited breath. You have to agree that there will be a certain amount of scepticism as we have been led down this path before. Hopefully this time it reaches the conclusion we all want.
    Bated breath not baited breath (as in bated : stopped : abated) . I’ve said it once before somewhere between page 100 and 500 of this very thread. Optimism pessimism or scepticism ... any ism is no excuse for poor grammar. Without good grammar we have chaos, a meaningless forum, and a club not worth supporting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:

If it’s on it must happen in this window. We have 13 out of contract in summer and a very realistic chance of promotion this season. We could be “on our way back” or we could be about to need to recruit an entire new squad.

It has to happen now...as does investment in the squad.

It also needs someone trusted at the helm who knows what we need as opposed to Roland coming in and getting rid of our best players from the start

Exactly this. RD has already set us back years, but we have a chance this season. However if we don't get a new owner in soon who can tie up some of our players to contracts then we could be stuck in this league for years.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Wow,what a surprise,news of the takeover emerging,just a week before the next fans forum. Spooky. How stupid does Douche think us plebs are?

Anyone who thinks De Turck spends the Sunday between Christmas and New Year taking a party round the club in order to divert the fans’ forum is as delusional as Duchatelet. Why would he need to do that?

On the one hand people think the Belgians regard the fans as stupid or irrelevant, on the other they think RD is hatching elaborate schemes to divert them from protests. To what end? So he can lose more money, presumably.

I have no idea whether this will be the final act in the saga. I am very confident that it’s got sweet FA to do with the fans’ forum.
    Fair enough. We all wait with baited breath. You have to agree that there will be a certain amount of scepticism as we have been led down this path before. Hopefully this time it reaches the conclusion we all want.
    Bated breath not baited breath (as in bated : stopped : abated) . I’ve said it once before somewhere between page 100 and 500 of this very thread. Optimism pessimism or scepticism ... any ism is no excuse for poor grammar. Without good grammar we have chaos, a meaningless forum, and a club not worth supporting.
    Quite right, page 234. I thank you.

Lol
  • Options
    Top right......News Flash........Frank Skinner seen at The Valley!
  • Options
    The fella with the striped tie is former referee Paul Taylor so I would guess he was the assessor yesterday
  • Options
    and Jonny Williams in the cap (coming in on loan)
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Seen at the Valley during Walsall game.
  • Options

very very very?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

What stage are we at in the takeover cycle? If I remember right, there were six stages...

House buying

From Twatter.....

That may be the case but if as De Turck says there are 5 interested parties they could simply be viewing the assets? A bit like a house viewing? Doesn’t mean they’re definitely buying. You will agree that these rumours always start when ever there’s a transfer window opening
    New takeover rumour means a new house analogy. Top marks.
  • Options

Top right......News Flash........Frank Skinner seen at The Valley!

Top right is more “young” Rolund (before he had his teeth professionally stained) than Frank Skinner surely...
  • Options
    buckshee said:

and Jonny Williams in the cap (coming in on loan)

Good player.Just what we need ATM.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Scoham said:
    Well left is Steve Avory, Johnny Williams and academy staff and top right looks like referee assessors. So that leaves two random blokes, who could just be fans.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I presume they sat where they did not to attract attention. Probably no nearer than it was before - we know there are interested parties and no great surprise they might want to take in a game or two.
  • Options
    It’s the Aussies who need to show proof of funding within next 48 hours. Simon Jordan being quite cynical. I agree with him.
  • Options
    Just listening to it now.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!