Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

CafcSCP said:

If it’s true they were even there, at least it shows there is still interest.
    Price as we all know is the issue.
    Perhaps he’s getting ready to drop the price and try to get a bun fight going when he does

Nobody to my knowledge has ever provided any evidence to say price is an issue other than to speculate that rumoured price is too high. Contrarily, RD has stated price is agreed and this was confirmed by JS for the Ozzies. Nobody does DD without knowing what purchase will cost.
    I was under the impression that the EFL representative said that there was no proof of funds submitted to them. I am certain this was in quotes from the Evening Standard.
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

Perhaps he’s getting ready to drop the price and try to get a bun fight going when he does

Nobody to my knowledge has ever provided any evidence to say price is an issue other than to speculate that rumoured price is too high. Contrarily, RD has stated price is agreed and this was confirmed by JS for the Ozzies. Nobody does DD without knowing what purchase will cost.
    Say for example that RD and yourself agree a price of £50m for the club but when you do your DD you realise that the club is only worth half of the agreed price then what would you do?
  • Options
    ...and the matter of the ex-directors loans of which to me is integral to the potential buyer having complete ownership of the cloob.
  • Options
    rananegra said:

I'd love for it to happen soon. However, there is no rationality to RD. He says he wants to sell, but I'd be worried about anyone prepared to pay his prices.

It will come down to seeing what division we are in.
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

Which has been the main confusion re. the Aussies "take-over" for me. Surely any price agreed before a buyer paid out for expensive and time consuming DD, would be contractual? Wouldn't it?
  • Options

CafcSCP said:

Which has been the main confusion re. the Aussies "take-over" for me. Surely any price agreed before a buyer paid out for expensive and time consuming DD, would be contractual? Wouldn't it?
    DD could throw up any number of issues that would change the price offered, I'm pretty sure that's one of the main reasons of doing DD.
    Didn't help that Duchatelet sold Konsa after a price looked to have been agreed either.
  • Options
    Aussies in the west stand?.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

CafcSCP said:

I was under the impression that the EFL representative said that there was no proof of funds submitted to them. I am certain this was in quotes from the Evening Standard.
    This is a mystery to me. Isn’t it unusual to “open” the books to allow DD to a party without them providing proof of funding ?

• Options
    Airman tweeted.
  • Options
    cafc999 said:

CafcSCP said:

Say for example that RD and yourself agree a price of £50m for the club but when you do your DD you realise that the club is only worth half of the agreed price then what would you do?
    James confirmed the price long after DD.
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

For those without Twitter

Seems pretty advanced if that tweet is anything to go by
  • Options
    Evidently Aussies at the game, club sources saying things looking hopeful.
    Mmmmm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It’s probably the original Aussies bringing some new Aussies to the game trying to convince them to stump up some cash because the original Aussies did not have the funds.
  • Options
    No further clues yet then? Could be anyone. Did anyone notice any unusual new comers in the West stand?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Still not nailed on of course but another glimmer of hope with fairly reasonable legs has been lit.

Imagine someone learning English trying to translate that.
    Arson
  • Options
    Wenger.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Uboat said:

Still not nailed on of course but another glimmer of hope with fairly reasonable legs has been lit.

Arson
    Wenger

• Options

shirty5 said:

Uboat said:

Arson
    Wenger

Boys are coming
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!