Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Just noting that ‘New Owners’ abbreviated equals “NO”
  • Options
    It makes sense that any takeover will be in January or the summer window. Why take on the burden of funding the club's monthly losses when you have no way of influencing the on-pitch performance as we all know that how well the team is doing is the only significant way of increasing ticket sales and re-building the fan-base. Just hope it's a January takeover and we don't have to wait until the summer...
  • Options
    So to sum up the last 1366 pages...nothing has happened! :wink:
  • Options

Russians is the latest I have seen

In a hurry, that's good.
  • Options
    What a fantastic start to the year that would be
  • Options
    It's the hope that kills you
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nah his legs have gone
  • Options
    I can’t go today. Got to take my son to the Emirates as part of his Xmas present. Now we hear Russian takeover rumours!! It’s a sign....... it’s Usmanov !!!!!!
  • Options
    Scoham said:

chilham said:

Teaser comment in tweet from 'ME' on the Charlton Museum twitter feed - 'Got a hunch it's going to be' regarding 2019 being a 'better year'!!

Mick Everitt. Being Rick’s brother he would probably know.

...but as we all know (don't we?) their only connection is CAFC, their main difference being 'i/e'...

• Options

Russians is the latest I have seen

Zero personality a perfect match
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    A fans forum meeting coming up next. I look forward to hear all about this 6th party looking to acquire us, whilst the Aussies are still favs and the second party have magically just comeback to LVT.

Snore. Zzz to the new news.
  • Options
    I’ve given up on all this old bollocks of a white knight riding into town and rescuing us from this nutter of an owner.
    This latest titbit is first one of the year on the thread and is a welcome change to the fish jokes and the incredible attempts at poetry.
    Here’s looking forward to another year of more pages of rumours and bad jokes.
    Happy new year.

• Options
    chilham said:

Teaser comment in tweet from 'ME' on the Charlton Museum twitter feed - 'Got a hunch it's going to be' regarding 2019 being a 'better year'!!

I don't believe anything that ME bloke says although the museum is a reliable source.
  • Options

chilham said:

I don't believe anything that ME bloke says although the museum is a reliable source.
    Nah, me neither. He's just trying to flog more VOTV. ;)
  • Options
    That’s how I feel every morning.

That’s how I feel every morning

Every morning (rinse and repeat)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd love for it to happen soon. However, there is no rationality to RD. He says he wants to sell, but I'd be worried about anyone prepared to pay his prices.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    The sale will happen with a load of clauses in it to wind those up with a high moral Charlton compass
  • Options
    rananegra said:

I'd love for it to happen soon. However, there is no rationality to RD. He says he wants to sell, but I'd be worried about anyone prepared to pay his prices.

At some point he has to lower his price, surely?

The amount he's going to have to write off increases daily and without a decent investment this month we won't be going up.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Will Charlton Umbrella's be available in the club shop?
  • Options
    If it’s true they were even there, at least it shows there is still interest.
    Price as we all know is the issue.
    Perhaps he’s getting ready to drop the price and try to get a bun fight going when he does
  • Options
    Taxi_Lad said:

I can’t go today. Got to take my son to the Emirates as part of his Xmas present. Now we hear Russian takeover rumours!! It’s a sign....... it’s Usmanov !!!!!!

It’s happening!
  • Options
    CafcSCP said:

If it’s true they were even there, at least it shows there is still interest.
    Price as we all know is the issue.
    Perhaps he’s getting ready to drop the price and try to get a bun fight going when he does

Nobody to my knowledge has ever provided any evidence to say price is an issue other than to speculate that rumoured price is too high. Contrarily, RD has stated price is agreed and this was confirmed by JS for the Ozzies. Nobody does DD without knowing what purchase will cost.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!