Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I wonder if the usual January fire-sale of anyone who can bring in any money does happen if Bowyer might consider his future?. If you think about it, as @mametz pointed out, he has done extremely well with very limited funding, but he might think this is as far as he can take the team-and his 'value' to other clubs can only be at its highest now.

Usual fire sale? What a load of bollocks.

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    One player in each window does not constitute a fire sale. Especially not when one player was too good and we got a very good fee, and the other wanted to go.
    If you believe what Robinson said post oxford game Holmes did not want to leave but was told he had to.
    No I don't believe too much of what Robinson says. That's possibly true though, guess we will never know the truth, Robinson and Roland aren't two of the most honest people in the world.

Regardless, that does not mean it was a fire sale, it was one player.
    A fire sale does not necessarily mean you have to sell more than one player - its simply a case of getting as much money in as possible in a short time- if you can achieve it in one transaction, then sobeit- Every January we have had to sell to get money in- the same as we have had the summer fire sale (Gudmonsson,Gomez,Konsa etc) To accuse it of being 'bollocks' , is , in my view, ignorant and stupid.
    To an extent the Holmes money went on the 3 loan players Robinson brought in, Mavididi, Zyro and Kaikai (offset by Grant going out). At the time most people seemed to think the transfer dealings had strengthened the team.
  • Options
    Why is a football club selling fires?
    I think after 1,363 pages you’ve all got Xmas puddings for brains...
  • Options
    Um no.
  • Options
    Um no. I reckon you are in the majority there, bored to death of Duchâtelet, fed up we cannot move on, keeping everything crossed for a sale this window but reluctantly agree is unlikely.
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Am I the only Charlton fan who is simply bored with all this takeover talk shit? 1,354 pages and we're still under Roland ffs!

If you’re bored you should treat yourself to reading the next 9/10 pages then, they’ll blow your mind...
  • Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

Am I the only Charlton fan who is simply bored with all this takeover talk shit? 1,354 pages and we're still under Roland ffs!

I’m so excited I’m going read this entire thread again.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

DiscoCAFC said:

By the time you've do that, we still wouldn't be any closer to being sold.
  • Options

Scoham said:

DiscoCAFC said:

By the time you've do that, we still wouldn't be any closer to being sold.
    Aye but there are some proper treats in and around the mid-eight-hundreds, imagine the fun reading those again, oh I so wish I could.....
  • Options
    No one has heard anything, no rumours or leaks, sale must be close.

Probably just need someone from the FA to sober up and go back to work and we are there.

Happy New Year lifers, get back to your houses, and prepare to partie!🥳🍺🤪🍺👍🍺🤞🍺🤢🍺🤮
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is it done?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

DiscoCAFC said:

It’s certainly a page turner!
  • Options
    It’s nearly happening!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Is it done?

We’re just waiting for a document to be filed...
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Is it done?

Just waiting for an Australian to sign a piece of paper.
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Is it done?

If only he'd have got a new pen for Christmas !
  • Options

Dazzler21 said:

Is it done?

Sandpaper?
  • Options
    Is it done?
  • Options

Stig said:

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.

I ended my boycott yesterday. I've just plain missed it.

I will not stop protesting. ROT is still very much alive.
    What happened with the local elections in St Truiden, I never saw anything, did I just miss it?
    ROT were not allowed to field a candidate, I believe, which is a real shame as I thought it was a great idea.
    This is not the case ,but maybe someone can tell you/us the true story.
    Well, it is the case, there's a pretty good explanation here, although I see you commented on the thread, so maybe you forgot the details, or are you suggesting it was less than honest? @Lewis Coaches

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3325876#Comment_3325876
    You wrote ROT were not allowed to field a candidate ,i believe,which is a real shame as i thought it was a great idea

As did i....you needed 100 people to back you as a candidate this is what was not met by the Belgium public.

• Options
    DiscoCAFC said:

What has he not sold yet...!!! huh
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Stig said:

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.

I ended my boycott yesterday. I've just plain missed it.

I will not stop protesting. ROT is still very much alive.
    What happened with the local elections in St Truiden, I never saw anything, did I just miss it?
    ROT were not allowed to field a candidate, I believe, which is a real shame as I thought it was a great idea.
    This is not the case ,but maybe someone can tell you/us the true story.
    Well, it is the case, there's a pretty good explanation here, although I see you commented on the thread, so maybe you forgot the details, or are you suggesting it was less than honest? @Lewis Coaches

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3325876#Comment_3325876
    You wrote ROT were not allowed to field a candidate ,i believe,which is a real shame as i thought it was a great idea

As did i....you needed 100 people to back you as a candidate this is what was not met by the Belgium public.

The thread linked would also suggest that no ROT member being resident in ST was an issue, which meant they didn't meet the requirements to stand and after trying various different avenues, including trying find a willing resident no one was able to be put on the ballot representing ROT.

So I'm not sure how what I posted was not the case, as ROT themselves confirm it.
  • Options
    It is done
  • Options
    Done is it
  • Options
    It done is
  • Options

It done is

It’s not done.

Is it?
  • Options
    I think we're well and truly fucked, doesn't everyone ?
  • Options
    Is his hotel opened yet!
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Frustrated, dispirited, wearied, keen to hear genuine news? yes.

Bored? no.
  • Options
    WIOTOS
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!