Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I don’t think he’ll sell anyone unless a stupid bid comes in .
    Think even Roly will know the boat shouldn’t be rocked as it’s heading to calmer waters

Any bid for a player who is out of contract in 6 months time and can then leave for free will almost surely be accepted by him though.
    Maybe a vieled threat from Roland to potential buyers, get it done in January or I might have to sell the best players, as we are at the point of no return I am entitled to do that.
  • Options

I liken what RD is doing and will potentially do in January to a Director of a building firm I used to sub off. The firm was going under and he apparently went and placed a big order with Howdens, knowing full well the bill would almost certainly not be paid (Not sure what happened to him, or if there was a case to answer etc.). I know the Club probably won't go under or isn't in the process of going under (fingers crossed), but surely there should be gross negligence laws/rules that have to stuck to when asset stripping a company or football club? I spose it comes back down to the FA who go out of their way to check the buyers of football clubs, but not a lot to continue to monitor the goings on after the Club has been bought, and even if they did, what could they do?

We need someone to cock up the paper work if this happens.

These things happen when you haven’t got a CEO 😉
  • Options

Think even Roly will know the boat shouldn’t be rocked as it’s heading to calmer waters

Christ almighty.....don’t tell me that comment is supposed to be taken seriously oohaa.

He’s close to a sale / promotion , yes he’s a stupid twat but he’s missed out on both possibly to do with sales of players , so I don’t think there’ll be major changes unless in the silly season of the transfer window we have a silly bid for one of ours .
  • Options
    stonemuse said:

He can’t sell ...its all been said, price is too high.

He is here, at the minimum, until Summer.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.
  • Options

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.

I ended my boycott yesterday. I've just plain missed it.

I will not stop protesting. ROT is still very much alive.
    Splitter ... :wink:
  • Options

Christ almighty.....don’t tell me that comment is supposed to be taken seriously oohaa.

He’s close to a sale / promotion , yes he’s a stupid twat but he’s missed out on both possibly to do with sales of players , so I don’t think there’ll be major changes unless in the silly season of the transfer window we have a silly bid for one of ours .
    I suspect yours and Roland’s definition of a “silly bid” will be millions £££’s apart...
  • Options

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

What form are the protests taking? Not a dig, I just honestly haven’t seen anything of the sort recently.

I wonder if we’ve just entered a phase “we all hate Roland still, but he’s selling the club so we’ll just let him get on with it”.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:

se9addick said:

se9addick said:

What form are the protests taking? Not a dig, I just honestly haven’t seen anything of the sort recently.

I wonder if we’ve just entered a phase “we all hate Roland still, but he’s selling the club so we’ll just let him get on with it”.
    Or is it more
    : "We all hate Roland, but love this club more than we hate him and it's cutting off your nose to spite your face to continue a protest that seems to leave him unaffected".
    Could well be that
  • Options

se9addick said:

Good to see you yesterday.
  • Options
    No faces of interest in the directors box yesterday? Looked packed but then I guess the gills brought a few
  • Options
    PeterGage said:

se9addick said:

Havent ended my boycott nor will do so
    You and me both plus one for my son.
  • Options
    Page 1360 - this is the big one
  • Options
    It’s getting closer and closer...can you feel it...Over to you Roland!
  • Options
    Done Deal

?
  • Options
    Nothing a-tingling here, I'm afraid.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Red_Raver said:

Duchatelet: ''Eight or nine months away from selling, at least.''

On Talksport live now.

Just fhook off
  • Options

PeterGage said:

se9addick said:

Havent ended my boycott nor will do so
    You and me both plus one for my son.
    Not going back until he goes.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Bowyer has clearly done well on limited resources. However the lack of drive and resources whilst Roland holds the purse strings means this uplift can only be temporary and therefore my boycott will remain in place until he buggers off.

Hopefully the recent run of form may remind some well intentioned, interested and reasonably well financed individual or group of the potential of our club and take control.

After failing to sell the club as a third tier going concern the question is now, does Roland realise that his best chance of getting rid is as a Championship 2nd tier status?

If so we can only hope he retains the best players. He won't spend because as he rightly said, we are past the point of no return.

If he sends us into further abiss by selling all the assets and no promotion this season, then we will be finished and a hit man should be sent to Belgium.
  • Options
    Mr @Ferryman you really don't even want to be making jokes like that. ;)
  • Options
    I said no takeover a long time ago.
  • Options
    Roland really is the (pantomime?) villain in all of this;
    poor business practice buying without proper due diligence
    poor business practice trying to run us with an incompetent CEO, who was about as much use as Tinkerbell, & now no CEO
    Poor business practice in setting an unrealistic price for a business he has devalued

How much longer before we can all chorus "HE'S BEHIND US!"?
    Do we have to wait for Mother Goose to turn up with a golden egg to buy us?
  • Options

Nothing a-tingling here, I'm afraid.

Too much Prosecco!
  • Options

se9addick said:

What happened with the local elections in St Truiden, I never saw anything, did I just miss it?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!