Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Feck me that's end of August... I am out and about... did he really mean that?? Surely not... so has he lied to Bowyer then about January?
  • Options

Red_Raver said:

Duchatelet: ''Eight or nine months away from selling, at least.''

On Talksport live now.

Stand down everybody.
    Correction: "I've been trying to sell for eight or nine months, at least!"

''The club could be sold in January, yeah why not''
  • Options
    Red_Raver said:

Duchatelet: ''Eight or nine months away from selling, at least.''

On Talksport live now.

MEHERRY CHRISTMUSS EVERYBODY!
  • Options
    God it’s weird. I’m luckily in Australia at the moment and got the heads up that knobhead was going live on talksport so I picked up the wireless and listened. Well there weren’t too many huhs! But there wasn’t too many positives either.

I don’t really know what to make of that interview at all. I think it was just Jim White talking to his new BFF Roland.

I don’t think it’s a happy Christmas for us lot yet. Sadly.

• Options
    I cannot wait for RD and his associates to sell up and leave. Most people don't like them and everything they spout is fishy ... I personally just think they are soles
  • Options
    Roll on the Fans Forum on the 9th January.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

God it’s weird. I’m luckily in Australia at the moment and got the heads up that knobhead was going live on talksport so I picked up the wireless and listened. Well there weren’t too many huhs! But there wasn’t too many positives either.

I don’t really know what to make of that interview at all. I think it was just Jim White talking to his new BFF Roland.

Wireless? Not heard that term for a while.
  • Options
    It's an age thing.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Must’ve been a pretty strong signal to pick it up all the way in Australia! :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2018

Curb_It said:

Wireless? Not heard that term for a while.
    I’m told she’s spending Christmas with Miles Cholmondley-Warner and his wife.

• Options
    I understand that Jim White (and the other presenter who’s name I forget) continued to discus the interview after it finished. Did anyone listen to that and what was the general opinion expressed in their summing up?
  • Options
    We’re all clutching at straws, ask Henry when it’ll happen.
  • Options

I understand that Jim White (and the other presenter who’s name I forget) continued to discus the interview after it finished. Did anyone listen to that and what was the general opinion expressed in their summing up?

The last half -hour of the show here,the other people in the studio were Perry Groves & Bob Mills.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1545386400/1545395400/
  • Options

Perry Groves?
  • Options

Roll on the Fans Forum on the 9th January.

Hoping it will be cancelled by the new owners !
  • Options
    Having listened to that piece I think it’s fairly clear that it’s still the Aussies that are closest. Roland used the phrase “still very interested” which to me at least implies that they have been around a while and not got it over the line. It’s the Aussies. I’m guessing now that they might have gotten close to resolving their financing structure and investors and are now in a race to close it during the window. Should that deadline fail I can’t see them signing anything until the summer.
  • Options
    clive said:

The last half -hour of the show here,the other people in the studio were Perry Groves & Bob Mills.
    https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1545386400/1545395400/
    Thanks clive.

• Options
    Anyone pick up any gossip today ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Yes but I’m not sure my Aunt would want it sharing on social media ;-)
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Honestly, I think he won't sell until the end of the season. My guess is he feels if we get promoted, he can get more than the amounts agreed on. To think he would sell at an old price he named before the season began, now that we are looking like strong promotion candidates, just does not sound like Roland, to me.
  • Options
    He can’t sell ...its all been said, price is too high.

He is here, at the minimum, until Summer.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Perry Groves?
    He's always sounded pretty sensible to me when I've heard him on the radio. Familiar with lower leagues as ex-Col U, I'm sure I saw him when I was at college several hundred years ago.
  • Options
    What’s the betting he screws us again by selling one or more of the side who are so clearly clicking into gear under Bowyer? He just does not get football club management - that success is born out of continuity and consistency.
    Well we know he doesn’t because half the squad are out of contract in the summer.

Sell up you a-hole.
  • Options
    I don’t think he’ll sell anyone unless a stupid bid comes in .
    Think even Roly will know the boat shouldn’t be rocked as it’s heading to calmer waters
  • Options

I don’t think he’ll sell anyone unless a stupid bid comes in .
    Think even Roly will know the boat shouldn’t be rocked as it’s heading to calmer waters

Christ almighty.....don’t tell me that comment is supposed to be taken seriously oohaa.

• Options
    I liken what RD is doing and will potentially do in January to a Director of a building firm I used to sub off. The firm was going under and he apparently went and placed a big order with Howdens, knowing full well the bill would almost certainly not be paid (Not sure what happened to him, or if there was a case to answer etc.). I know the Club probably won't go under or isn't in the process of going under (fingers crossed), but surely there should be gross negligence laws/rules that have to stuck to when asset stripping a company or football club? I spose it comes back down to the FA who go out of their way to check the buyers of football clubs, but not a lot to continue to monitor the goings on after the Club has been bought, and even if they did, what could they do?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!