Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    Shame, was there not one Limbugan who could have stood?
  • Options
    Unfortunately not.
  • Options

I said no takeover a long time ago.

Not as long ago as I did. I said it 1000+ pages ago.

I think I made a bet with someone that he would sell for at least 50M or not sell in 2018 because no one will meet his price. I think I am close to winning that one. I would go back and check but it's too depressing.
  • Options
    I said it longer ago than anyone, I win.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:

That's true. You said the day after he bought the club.
  • Options
    RedJohn said:

My dog has got bigger bollocks
  • Options
    Page 1361
  • Options
    5 Years ago today, we were taken over by a Belgian millionaire........
  • Options

And the nightmare began....
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Far from a millionaire.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Prick begins with a P not an M
  • Options

Stig said:

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.

I ended my boycott yesterday. I've just plain missed it.

I will not stop protesting. ROT is still very much alive.
    What happened with the local elections in St Truiden, I never saw anything, did I just miss it?
    ROT were not allowed to field a candidate, I believe, which is a real shame as I thought it was a great idea.
    This is not the case ,but maybe someone can tell you/us the true story.
  • Options

Well, five years ago for the first reports that he was buying. It took another week for confirmation. Oh those heady days when we were excited about the prospect of being owned by an overseas investor with plenty of cash. How little we knew about just how skewed his cash to sense ratio was. Such sad times.
  • Options

Stig said:

There is only one party involved - the Aussies - and they have all but buggered off.

If it turns out there's 5 parties involved I shall have a tattoo of a cock done.

Van Turkey was careful to say that 5 parties were interested rather than involved. To be interested all you have to do is make a phone call, find out Roland's asking price, and say call you later.
    se9addick said:

I have absolutely no ITK contacts but it feels like this sale is still a long ways off.

Despite this, I’ve been interested that over the past few weeks, maybe the last couple months, there has been very little in the way of protest. I don’t just mean the organised protests, which don’t take place at all any more, but even the “we want Roland out” chants are no longer heard at matches.

Yesterday’s attendance felt higher than I anticipated it to be, could it be that not only have the protests died off but some of the boycotters have returned?

I guess the objectives of the protests was to encourage RD to sell the club and he is apparently in that process, but goodness knows when it will complete.

I ended my boycott yesterday. I've just plain missed it.

I will not stop protesting. ROT is still very much alive.
    What happened with the local elections in St Truiden, I never saw anything, did I just miss it?
    ROT were not allowed to field a candidate, I believe, which is a real shame as I thought it was a great idea.
    This is not the case ,but maybe someone can tell you/us the true story.
    Well, it is the case, there's a pretty good explanation here, although I see you commented on the thread, so maybe you forgot the details, or are you suggesting it was less than honest? @Lewis Coaches

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/3325876#Comment_3325876
  • Options
    One year ago today it was announced KM was leaving and confirmed the club was for sale.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a44d28b9c696/katrien-meire-to-stand-down-as-charlton-athletic-ceo
  • Options
    https://www.castrust.org/2018/12/what-do-you-want-to-know-about-the-sale-of-the-club/

A Fans Forum meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday January 9th so that the club can update supporters on any progress towards a sale.

CAST will be present at the meeting. Please let us know any questions which you would like us to ask by writing to secretary@castrust.org.
  • Options
    https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-in-urgent-need-of-january-transfer-window-signings/

But Bowyer said: “I don’t think anything has changed. I’ve not heard anything so I assume we’re in the same situation [under a tighter budget under owner Roland Duchatelet].

“There is nothing we can do and change. I don’t really get involved in it [takeover talks] until something happens. At the moment nothing seems to be happening.”
  • Options
    Is it some sort of anniversary today?
  • Options
    Scoham said:

One year ago today it was announced KM was leaving and confirmed the club was for sale.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5a44d28b9c696/katrien-meire-to-stand-down-as-charlton-athletic-ceo

And I was singing and dancing round the living room in Brasil thinking we'll be sold in weeks.

How wrong I was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wonder if the usual January fire-sale of anyone who can bring in any money does happen if Bowyer might consider his future?. If you think about it, as @mametz pointed out, he has done extremely well with very limited funding, but he might think this is as far as he can take the team-and his 'value' to other clubs can only be at its highest now.
  • Options

I wonder if the usual January fire-sale of anyone who can bring in any money does happen if Bowyer might consider his future?. If you think about it, as @mametz pointed out, he has done extremely well with very limited funding, but he might think this is as far as he can take the team-and his 'value' to other clubs can only be at its highest now.

Bowyer would not leave regardless of who we sold. He's grateful to have this job.
  • Options

Bowyer would not leave regardless of who we sold. He's grateful to have this job.
    I doubt it I know bowyer has got some championship clubs looking at him
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:

I doubt it I know bowyer has got some championship clubs looking at him
    Only time will tell then.

Tbf I think he has done a very good job so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    As we know, all Championship Chairmen would approach their counterparts for permission to speak to their manager.

So September at the earliest then.
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Scoham said:

https://www.castrust.org/2018/12/what-do-you-want-to-know-about-the-sale-of-the-club/

A Fans Forum meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday January 9th so that the club can update supporters on any progress towards a sale.

CAST will be present at the meeting. Please let us know any questions which you would like us to ask by writing to secretary@castrust.org.

According to the club website the next fans forum is on 20th February: https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

Is this a Secret Fans Forum or just another example of the poor communication that RD wants to address? #WIOTOS
  • Options

Usual fire sale? What a load of bollocks.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Scoham said:

According to the club website the next fans forum is on 20th February: https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

Is this a Secret Fans Forum or just another example of the poor communication that RD wants to address? #WIOTOS
    No, 9th January was always the date. It’s an extra one if (when) we haven’t been sold by then.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bf5c646d8e3c/takeover-update-from-this-evenings-fans-forum

“The next Fans’ Forum is set for February 20th 2019, should the club not be sold by January 9th 2019, a further takeover specific Fans' Forum meeting will take place.“
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!