Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

I wonder if the usual January fire-sale of anyone who can bring in any money does happen if Bowyer might consider his future?. If you think about it, as @mametz pointed out, he has done extremely well with very limited funding, but he might think this is as far as he can take the team-and his 'value' to other clubs can only be at its highest now.

Bowyer would not leave regardless of who we sold. He's grateful to have this job.
    I think Bowyer has red lines. I would think Taylor is being closely monitored by a few Championship clubs. Should he be sold I’m guessing Lee might walk. Bowyer has already shown enough to have his managerial stock being noticed.
    I’d imagine the departure of Bauer or Aribo would smart but not be totally unexpected given there contract status but Taylor is a different matter.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Scoham said:

Stig said:

Scoham said:

https://www.castrust.org/2018/12/what-do-you-want-to-know-about-the-sale-of-the-club/

A Fans Forum meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday January 9th so that the club can update supporters on any progress towards a sale.

CAST will be present at the meeting. Please let us know any questions which you would like us to ask by writing to secretary@castrust.org.

According to the club website the next fans forum is on 20th February: https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

Is this a Secret Fans Forum or just another example of the poor communication that RD wants to address? #WIOTOS
    No, 9th January was always the date. It’s an extra one if (when) we haven’t been sold by then.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5bf5c646d8e3c/takeover-update-from-this-evenings-fans-forum

“The next Fans’ Forum is set for February 20th 2019, should the club not be sold by January 9th 2019, a further takeover specific Fans' Forum meeting will take place.“
    Thanks for the clarification. Looks like a bit more smoke and mirrors from the club though - as if on 21st November there was a snowball's chance of selling by 9th Jan. Still we live in hope; here's to the Trust being a little premature on this :wink:
  • Options

We can forget promotion if we sell Bauer, Aribo or any other first team player.

I agree. You would have noticed the imbalance in the team without Aribo on Saturday that’s how delicate is our current squad.
  • Options

Stig said:

Scoham said:

https://www.castrust.org/2018/12/what-do-you-want-to-know-about-the-sale-of-the-club/

A Fans Forum meeting has been scheduled for Wednesday January 9th so that the club can update supporters on any progress towards a sale.

CAST will be present at the meeting. Please let us know any questions which you would like us to ask by writing to secretary@castrust.org.

According to the club website the next fans forum is on 20th February: https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/fans/fans-forum

Is this a Secret Fans Forum or just another example of the poor communication that RD wants to address? #WIOTOS
    LVT, Douches puppet, said if the club wasn't sold there would be a fans forum on January 9th, I believe it's so he can trot out the same old shit from the previous FF.
    What was it he said at the last FF? 5 interested parties? Wonder if we've reached double figures yet.

Most of them probably get as far as 'how much do you want for the club...........i'm sorry could you repeat that...........how much..................fuck that, good bye.'
    I rang the club three months ago asking for the sale price. That will make at least 6 interested parties.
  • Options

I wonder if the usual January fire-sale of anyone who can bring in any money does happen if Bowyer might consider his future?. If you think about it, as @mametz pointed out, he has done extremely well with very limited funding, but he might think this is as far as he can take the team-and his 'value' to other clubs can only be at its highest now.

Usual fire sale? What a load of bollocks.

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    Hardly evidence of a fire sale though. Southampton sold VVD to Liverpool and Liverpool sold Coutinho to Barca last January, transfers happen in football, and generally from lower teams to higher teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    Ajose Jan 2019
  • Options

More like an annual unnecessary weakening of the team in January crushing the limited hopes for promotion generated by the first half of the season

Transfer windows are to strengthen teams, apart from ours.
    Not all teams can strengthen during a window, for every buying club there has to be a selling club
  • Options
    ross1 said:

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    Ajose Jan 2019
    We can only hope.
  • Options

More like an annual unnecessary weakening of the team in January crushing the limited hopes for promotion generated by the first half of the season

Transfer windows are to strengthen teams, apart from ours.
    Not all teams can strengthen during a window, for every buying club there has to be a selling club
    Our beloved Chairman has a wedge, of course we can strengthen.
  • Options
    No one will take Nicky Atrocious off our hands sadly.
  • Options

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    One player in each window does not constitute a fire sale. Especially not when one player was too good and we got a very good fee, and the other wanted to go.
  • Options

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    One player in each window does not constitute a fire sale. Especially not when one player was too good and we got a very good fee, and the other wanted to go.
    If you believe what Robinson said post oxford game Holmes did not want to leave but was told he had to.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone's having a quiet day ?
    Can you let the rest of us know who is left in the Jimmy Seed competition to name the day that Roland Duchatelet disappears down his bunker.
    A lot of thought and research went into my prediction. I believe only a few went for 2019 or beyond. Who is Mystic Reg ?
    Is there a North stand Nostradamus,
    or a east stand egghead, Wakey, Wakey in the west stand.
    Have any rules been broken with the complier of this competition doing a runner.
    This has turned into a lottery.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

While I appreciate your efforts, I’m not completely sure what you hope to achieve?

Unless you can get compelling evidence of parties interested, why sale hasn’t gone through and why Duchebag thinks he can sell at his asking price, when nobody else does, including potential buyers, then surely it’ll just be more smoke and mirrors.

Either tie yourselves to whatever is available and refuse to leave or kidnap LDT and insist he will be killed🙀 if takeover doesn’t go through within the next two weeks! That should do it.
  • Options

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    If you believe what Robinson said post oxford game Holmes did not want to leave but was told he had to.
    No I don't believe too much of what Robinson says. That's possibly true though, guess we will never know the truth, Robinson and Roland aren't two of the most honest people in the world.

Regardless, that does not mean it was a fire sale, it was one player.
  • Options

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    I've recently heard similiar from someone who knows Holmes and talks to him often. Also heard he was gutted that he got booed when he came back with Oxford.

Do your best for a club and that's the treatment you get.
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?
    I've recently heard similiar from someone who knows Holmes and talks to him often. Also heard he was gutted that he got booed when he came back with Oxford.

Holmes was poor in the months before he left, he certainly played like a player who wanted a move
  • Options
    Missed It said:

Lookman Jan 2017
    Holmes Jan 2018

Bollocks ?

I didn't agree with the booing incidentally. It was unfortunate that Holmes returned, playing for KR, if it had been any other club I doubt he would have got the same reception.
  • Options

If anyone's having a quiet day ?
    Can you let the rest of us know who is left in the Jimmy Seed competition to name the day that Roland Duchatelet disappears down his bunker.
    A lot of thought and research went into my prediction. I believe only a few went for 2019 or beyond. Who is Mystic Reg ?
    Is there a North stand Nostradamus,
    or a east stand egghead, Wakey, Wakey in the west stand.
    Have any rules been broken with the complier of this competition doing a runner.
    This has turned into a lottery.

Why cannt we resurrect the 2018 predictions for next year. It’s a pity to let all that good work go to waste. Might need to think of a new prize though.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!