Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

how can it be 48 hours if they haven't proved they have the funds yet

Who knows, it's all bullshit, groundhog day
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Has to make you laugh, on the day where Chelsea have just stumped up 60 mill for a squad player at Dortmund our owner is asking for proof of cash for probably a lower sum to buy our whole club

Anyway let's hope Jim White is right

Football is crazy these days, Wilfred Zaha and Benteke probably earn more in a week than our entire squad combined.
  • Options
    *you're
  • Options
    Hopefully they’re Russian to get the deal over the line
  • Options

Has to make you laugh, on the day where Chelsea have just stumped up 60 mill for a squad player at Dortmund our owner is asking for proof of cash for probably a lower sum to buy our whole club

Football is crazy these days, Wilfred Zaha and Benteke probably earn more in a week than our entire squad combined.
    Yeah, but to the rest of us who despise the Stripeys, they're doing a brilliant job and deserve even more.
  • Options
    Ferryman said:

Jim White just said Aussie takeover expected in the next 48 hours.

Is this the same group as before or a different consortium?

If it's the same group i wonder if when they couldn't get it done by the end of the August window, they just thought 'fuck it we'll wait til Jan' hence why we've been hearing they just need to submit a piece of paper for the last 4 months.
  • Options

We're like a baited hook waiting for the big fish with bated breath.

So long as, when it eventually bites, it doesn't turn out to be another shark, I'll be happy.
  • Options

BVB are laughing all the way to the bank on that one.

Pulisic hasn't been particularly good for over a year now. A lot of promise, still very young, and in a position (winger) where you expect him to drift in and out and lack consistency. But still looks a good bit of business from Dortmund for the foreseeable future. Think they should be seriously looking at Hudson-Odoi or Brahim Diaz with that money.
  • Options
    I always predicted Friday 4th Jan 2019 at around noon.

Do I win something ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

BVB are laughing all the way to the bank on that one.

Pulisic hasn't been particularly good for over a year now. A lot of promise, still very young, and in a position (winger) where you expect him to drift in and out and lack consistency. But still looks a good bit of business from Dortmund for the foreseeable future. Think they should be seriously looking at Hudson-Odoi or Brahim Diaz with that money.
    Diaz is going to Real madrid, deal to be announced next week apparently.
  • Options

JW has got himself in the situation that others have previously got themselves into.

'Its close'

'Roland is definitely selling and very soon.'

'Done deal'

Cawley. Airman and now Jim have all been bitten by the same poisonous snake in the past. They pass on positive news in good faith and then have to spend the next few weeks clutching at straws to try and get the bent info they've been given some clarity in the hope of salvaging some of the credibility in the news they dropped.

Jim is entering the end of the straw clutching stage. He will go silent when he realises like so many have that he's been sold a 'pup'
    And I don't blame him or any of the others that have gone down this dead end street in the past.
    Roland Duchatelet is a f****** liar.
    The people that work closely with him are f****** liars.

Relax. Enjoy what you can of the miracle that Bowyer and co are trying to pull and do not believe a word of it until, it pains me to say, it's on the OS!

Did JW actually use these words? Very interesting if so.
  • Options

Buyer: Good Morning.

Owner: Good morning, Sir. Welcome to the Valley

B: Ah thank you my good man.

O: What can I do for you, Sir?

B: Well, I was, uh, sitting in the Valley Cafe, sampling a delightful bacon roll, and I suddenly came over all frivolous.

O: Frivolous, sir?

B: I wish to Prodigalise.

O: Eh?

B: 'Eee I want to throw me money around!

O: Ah, you mean your stupid!

B: In a nutshell. And I thought to myself, 'a little South East London Football Club will do the trick', so, I curtailed my masticating activites, sallied forth, and infiltrated your place of purveyance to negotiate the vending of some footballing activities!

O: Come again?

B: I want to buy your cloob.

O: Oh, Certainly, sir. Do you have any money?

B: Of course my good man, why else would I be here.

O: That’s fantastic, would you like to pay in Euros?

B: Ahh, no sorry, I’m completely out of Euros

O: Well never mind, how are you on Sterling?

B: I'm afraid I never have that at the end of the week, sir.

O: Tish tish. No matter. Well, stout yeoman, Fifty million of your US Dollars, if you please.

B: Ah! It's beeeen on order, sir, for two weeks. Was expecting it this morning, but alas no.

O: 'T's Not my lucky day, is it? Aah, South African Rand?

B: Sorry, sir, no.

O: Swiss Franc?

B: Normally, sir, yes. But today the money van broke down.

O: Ah. Danish Krone?

B: Sorry.

O: Thai Baht? Turkish Lira?

B: Err, no.

O: Any Macedonian Dinars, per chance?

B: No.

O: Ugandan Schillings, perhaps?

B: Ah! Yes I have Ugandan Schillings, yes sir.

O: You do! Excellent.

B: Yes sir. But it's ah... it's a bit old.

O: Oh, no matter, I like it old.

B: Well,.. It's very old, actually, sir.

O: No matter. Fetch hither the cash de la Belle Uganda! Mmmwah!

B: I...think it's a bit older than you'll like it, sir.

O: I don't care how f****ng old it is. Hand it over with all speed.

B: Oooooooooohhh........!

O: What now?

B: My CEO’s just spent it.

O: Has he?

B: She, sir.

O: Really, tell me:

B: Yes sir?

O: Have you in fact got any money at all?

B: Oh Yes, sir.

O: Really?

B: No. Not really, sir.

O: You haven't.

B: No sir. Not a scrap. I was deliberately wasting your time, sir.

O: Well I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to tell everyone you do have the funds, but just need a few more years to get it all.

B: Right-0, sir.

O: What a senseless waste of 1% of my time.

(Copyright - Monty Pythons Cheese Sketch circa 1972)

Out of all the posts on this godforsaken thread, this one nails it.
  • Options
    A takeover on Friday would be a lovely birthday present for me.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

JW has got himself in the situation that others have previously got themselves into.

'Its close'

'Done deal'

Cawley. Airman and now Jim have all been bitten by the same poisonous snake in the past. They pass on positive news in good faith and then have to spend the next few weeks clutching at straws to try and get the bent info they've been given some clarity in the hope of salvaging some of the credibility in the news they dropped.

Jim is entering the end of the straw clutching stage. He will go silent when he realises like so many have that he's been sold a 'pup'
    And I don't blame him or any of the others that have gone down this dead end street in the past.

Relax. Enjoy what you can of the miracle that Bowyer and co are trying to pull and do not believe a word of it until, it pains me to say, it's on the OS!

No. Just the middle one as far as I know.
    The others were made by other well respected folk.
  • Options
    Chizz said:

Addickted said:

As we have gone off-piste, can I just suggest some dramatic action to get this sale done ?

Picking two CL regulars that I know, to go to the Belgium Bunker as Doves not Hawkes.

The Shitweasel Douchebag
    Mr Duchatelet needs an exit plan where he can save face. Give him a list of the four players who will help this squad get promoted. Keeper, left back, midfield and decent extra striker. Point out that a Championship club in a tourist hotspot is worth 35k unlike a 3rd tier which is worth 18k if your lucky.

Covered end and Fanny Fanackapan would be my choice, both with unblemished loyalty to CAFC and hard but fair reputations.
    Best they don't go in the pub first as both of them like a tipple.

Lateral thinking is needed now as the future of Cafc is at stake. Let Henry Kissinger and Condoleezza Rice of CL do their best.

If that fails then the methods of Mad Frankie Fraser may be worth considering.

Have you seen @Covered End when he's riled?
    I think he's after more than 35k

I have little ( actually, nothing) of note to add to today's mounting hysteria ....

.....except to say that, scouring the West from my vantage point in the East this afternoon, there was no sign of cossack dancing in the aisles when we scored.

Neither was there a sighting of a samovar steaming away at half time.

But, as is my wont, I am ready, willing & able to accept my mission to re-enter Rat territory in one final effort to persuade the Dark Lord that the time is right to throw in the proverbial & make a strategic, if overdue, exit.

I'd like to assure you that, despite whispers to the contrary, my loins remain oiled & coiled like well honed springs to, well, spring into action as required.

Of course, I cannot speak for my suggested partner in grime, but I would appreciate a whip round for a couple of wines to provide some much needed Flemish courage before CE and I prepare to beard the **** in his den- please insert your own insult as applicable.

Of course, as respected & #unblemished members of this revered site, we MUST remain anonymous so from hereon in, please refer to us as Kiss and BBB ( short for Boil in the (old) Bag).

So, as the planning of (codename) The Taking of Bellend I 2 3 begins, please hold this thought....

It was all Sam's idea.

# Note to self. Alert Boots to order in extra supplies of Zit Away for inevitable excitement related eruptions.

Not much sign of dancing, Cossack or otherwise in the West stand for many years now!
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Interesting if RD dropping his price quite a lot is true, seems he may have finally seen sense
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes. That would be a very positive development.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

'Its close'

'Done deal'

Yes! About half an hour ago on his show! "Its close"; "Australian"; and "48 hours". Pretty much along those lines anyway!

Heard it all before as people constantly get suckered into the fables and fantasy, and then get carried away with it all. So you'll forgive me for being utterly apathetic over this latest chapter!

If it happens, great! Only been going on about it for a year now, so the law of averages say that someone will get it right eventually so they can then revel in self-acclaim.
  • Options

Of all the supposed ITK sources, Jim White is the one worth listening to as he clearly has a direct line to RD....although that assumes RD isn't lying.

and bears don't s*** in the woods.
  • Options
    would stick an extra 500 on the gate Saturday if it happens
  • Options
    Would be a great start to the New Year - seems unlikely....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!