Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options
    sammy391 said:
    Hasn’t he been hinting at the Greg Leigh thing for a couple of days? I’d expect it’s an announcement of that rather than takeover news.
  • Options
    Please be takeover news. Can’t see any transfer news being good news. Unless it is the Greg Leigh situation. Still would rather it be takeover related though
  • Options

It could be in the murky waters of Ducktape's lack of DD, Spivs lack of real Cash, Murray still has the pin number to part of the Valley. Would explain why he is part of RDs set-up despite no logical connection between the two.

Could it be the £7m which I vociferously poo-pooed? Perhaps the fine print had something I missed? Was he the only dissenter? If so, apologise to all I dissed.

Sorry if I'm floundering.

There is no connection between the debt and Murray hanging around, as only a small part of the 7m is owed to Murray.

This has been gone over several times in the past, yet you refuse to listen.
    Murray’s bit is £2.6m.
  • Options

sammy391 said:
    Hasn’t he been hinting at the Greg Leigh thing for a couple of days? I’d expect it’s an announcement of that rather than takeover news.
    I’d put up with Roland instead of reading any Charlton news in that fucking rag
  • Options
    Surely can't be that someone is leaking bullshite to the Sun?
  • Options
    It will be transfer related......tabloids aren't interested in our plight.
  • Options

It could be in the murky waters of Ducktape's lack of DD, Spivs lack of real Cash, Murray still has the pin number to part of the Valley. Would explain why he is part of RDs set-up despite no logical connection between the two.

Could it be the £7m which I vociferously poo-pooed? Perhaps the fine print had something I missed? Was he the only dissenter? If so, apologise to all I dissed.

Sorry if I'm floundering.

There is no connection between the debt and Murray hanging around, as only a small part of the 7m is owed to Murray.

This has been gone over several times in the past, yet you refuse to listen.
    Stu you must be mistaking me for someone else. I have consistently said the £7m issue is bullshit and not stopping the sale, but am now coming here to apologise to those who may have been right. Or not, we shall see. Murray has about a third of the 3rd party debt. If you can find any comment supporting the £7m issue by me on the previous 1379 pages I will do detention and copy each page 10 times. I enjoy your insights into a world beyond my realms and would hope to not make you an adversary like Henry, who seemed a very nice guy when I met him a couple of times.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It will be transfer related......tabloids aren't interested in our plight.

• Options
    This is highly unusual.

An initial exciting scoop about an imminent takeover or a done deal and then .....err...nothing.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Uboat said:

he's never been away from twitter and it's not him posting on here but someone else lifting it from twitter so no, he's not back

He's blocked me so I couldn't tell ya. If you don't agree with him or question him your blocked. Can't stand people like that
    Ha! James O'Brien of LBC infamy did exactly the same to me when I told him he was a narcissist and that I found his self-righteous campaign nauseating! :smiley:
    Sounds like he was entitled to block you tbh.
    Really? I'm not sure mate? This is the bloke who complained that the Daily Mail's former editor had blocked him! If people embrace balanced and objective feedback they can often find that it reduces the 'blind area' of their Johari Window. Allows them to unlock their potential by helping shrink their 'unknown' area! :wink: The guy uses his broadcasting platform to preach from his self-appointed pedestal!

Oh, and just for the record, I didn't vote by the way. However, given the chance again I'd vote Remain! Just in case you thought I had some agenda!

Anyway, back to the 'takeover'! :smile:

• Options
    Given the Aussies took 12 months to make the purchase, I suspect at this rate they will get around to the 2019 Winter Transfer window in Jan of 2020.
  • Options
    At any rate, hope to wake up tomorrow or the next day to good news.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I’m appreciative to Jim White for his work on this and he could well be right. He does strike me as some sort of football groupie though. His twitter feed is often pictures of him with players, managers, ex pros and other celebrities. He seems to be in between a reporter, and a sort of hanger on

Just my take from what I see on his social media feed

Not got a problem with White. He telling what he knows.

But neither he or Roland can know when the deal will be done as that also depends on the buyers.

WIOTOS
  • Options
    please please please ...... the rebound from this lunatic fucking off could see us rise from the ashes....

GET OUT!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hard to get excited about new owners if they're struggling to raise finances.
  • Options
    If a sale goes through and Murrey stays we will still be in the shit IMHO .
  • Options

Hard to get excited about new owners if they're struggling to raise finances.

What if they're struggling to raise the £1 billion that they have identified as the necessary amount to make us five times champions league winners by 2030?

It's very unlikely that they're trying to scrape together the asking price as it has probably occurred to them that they will also need the funds to make a success of their project.
  • Options

24-48 hours to go

I think we should have a survey.
    Will it happen in 24 hours
    Will it happen in 48 hours
    Won't happen at all.😁
    what one you going for Blackpool
  • Options
    If the club and stadium don't go together any deal will need very careful examination..e.g. Peppercorn rent for 100 years.I
    If the consortium struggle for money, then don't waste what they do have on fantasy or vanity signings.
  • Options
    Not sure if I want out, I'd certainly like to know if he was played by Duchataway. But the pillbury doughboy has to go for sure.
  • Options

cabbles said:

I’m appreciative to Jim White for his work on this and he could well be right. He does strike me as some sort of football groupie though. His twitter feed is often pictures of him with players, managers, ex pros and other celebrities. He seems to be in between a reporter, and a sort of hanger on

Just my take from what I see on his social media feed

Not got a problem with White. He telling what he knows.

But neither he or Roland can know when the deal will be done as that also depends on the buyers.

WIOTOS
    I don’t mind him myself and I am actually grateful for the time he’s put in, just seems to have some sort of relationship with a lot of footballers that I think is slightly different to a more traditional reporter
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!