Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Options

Hard to get excited about new owners if they're struggling to raise finances.

Has it been said these guys are struggling to raise finances? It seems they're led by someone new.
  • Options

Don't care if Murray stays. He'll always be remembered for the work he did getting us to our best ever point in our history, and then the work he did refusing to accept someone was dragging us to our lowest.

He's the best and worst of our history.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    seth plum said:

If the club and stadium don't go together any deal will need very careful examination..e.g. Peppercorn rent for 100 years.I
    If the consortium struggle for money, then don't waste what they do have on fantasy or vanity signings.

I think the former directors with debenture charges over the land might have something to say about that Seth as their permission would be required for any leases to be granted, peppercorn terms or not. Unless of course they are paid off in full by the Douchbag.
  • Options
    Please factor in the following. Roland is as mad as a bag of frogs!

Oops! I am NOT listening...
  • Options

Hard to get excited about new owners if they're struggling to raise finances.

Totally agree regarding the original line up, but like I said before, this consortium is like Triggers broom. We'll all have better knowledge when it's confirmed if it's all true and who the new handle is.
  • Options

24-48 hours to go

I think we should have a survey.
    Will it happen in 24 hours
    Will it happen in 48 hours
    Won't happen at all.😁
    what one you going for Blackpool
    One that gives me a like and not a flag.
  • Options

24-48 hours to go

I think we should have a survey.
    Will it happen in 24 hours
    Will it happen in 48 hours
    Won't happen at all.😁
    what one you going for Blackpool
    One that gives me a like and not a flag.
    Can't see it happening any time soon if I'm honest.
    Hopefully new owners in time to build the squad for next season regardless of what league we are in.
  • Options
    No idea why but I think that next weeks fans forum will still be going ahead.
  • Options
    This transfer window would be a great time to take over the club for a prospective buyer, we're in a good league position, and with some good additions in January could make a strong 2nd half push for promotion, any new buyer would surely extend Lee Bowyer and JJ's contracts as well as key players?
  • Options

If a sale goes through and Murrey stays we will still be in the shit IMHO .

Not quite sure how that follows?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

If a sale goes through and Murrey stays we will still be in the shit IMHO .

Not quite sure how that follows?
    Murray is poisen.
  • Options
    To be fair it must have taken the Ozzie consortium some time to find another billionaire called Muir.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

I’m appreciative to Jim White for his work on this and he could well be right. He does strike me as some sort of football groupie though. His twitter feed is often pictures of him with players, managers, ex pros and other celebrities. He seems to be in between a reporter, and a sort of hanger on

Just my take from what I see on his social media feed

This is always my read on him keeping in mind most of my "interactions" with Jim White come from watching him on Sky's ridiculous Deadline Day coverage. But as you say, I would consider him an "Access" journalist more than I would an investigatory one.

That doesn't make him bad, or wrong on this necessarily, but it was my first thought when hearing the rumor. Just context to take this with. The fact that multiple people are hearing it with what I imagine are different sources is about a good an omen as we can get without anything official being released.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

If the club and stadium don't go together any deal will need very careful examination..e.g. Peppercorn rent for 100 years.I
    If the consortium struggle for money, then don't waste what they do have on fantasy or vanity signings.

I am certain The Valley has been the key in negotiations.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

New VOTV suggesting the group have been introduced as the new owners at the training ground

If that's true then it's just a question of when the best time is for it to be announced. On the pitch on Saturday would be nice!
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

New VOTV suggesting the group have been introduced as the new owners at the training ground

is this on-line?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

J BLOCK said:

is this on-line?

http://www.votvonline.com/home/the-2018-19-blogs/3-1-waiting-and-hoping-bowyer-s-red-and-white-army/
    VOTV said:

The situation heated up again last Sunday when a party, including an Australian investor in his mid-30s with Aussie Rules connections, was shown around the training ground and The Valley by Duchâtelet​’s point man Lieven De Turck – particularly remarkable given the time of year and the fact that he only usually visits from Belgium in midweek.

VOTV soon heard that the group had been introduced as “the new owners” who would be announced in the next few days, however accurate that might ultimately prove to be, but we waited until we could get further independent confirmation of the visit before disclosing it on Tuesday via Twitter.

• Options
    edited January 2019
    J BLOCK said:

Also staff have been given their inside leg measurements too.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!