Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options

BR3red said:

That really is a joke!

The ball wasn't even in the frame!!

Straight red. How anyone can defend that is beyond me. But since those twats in BT Sport didn't pick it up, I suppose the ref has a decent defence.
    What about the official behind the goal line? He must have something to do.
  • Options

BR3red said:

That really is a joke!

Straight red. How anyone can defend that is beyond me. But since those twats in BT Sport didn't pick it up, I suppose the ref has a decent defence.
    Yes, we see Karius asking him something along those lines.

This is the one they should be petitioning about. Premeditated brutal assault where the position of the ball is totally irrelevant. 5 match ban, applicable in June. Of course, nothing will happen.

Still, carry on applauding his professionalism and winning mentality, people.

• Options
    So, after 5 consecutive final defeats for the Bin Dippers and Klopp, has anyone in the media called them 'bottlers' yet?

Have the media tried to sell any of their best players to Real Madrid yet, insisting the team really needs to win a trophy to keep the team together?!
  • Options

BR3red said:

That really is a joke!

Do those officials EVER see anything?
    This is an excellent question.
  • Options

Riviera said:

Bales second goal went in after a shocker by the goalie, a real howler. But what has been overlooked is that it still was a fantastic shot, so audacious from such a distance out from goal. Should have been saved yes but still great skill from Bale.

It's being overlooked because any professional goalkeeper should save it. Yes it was a shot on target from a long way out but it doesn't move in the air. IMO it's nothing other than an average shot, certainly wouldn't call it great skill
    It does move a bit. It was a Bale trademark shot but not one of his best.
    Yeah agreed, I don’t think Bale deserves any credit for it, it was a terrible mistake end of.
  • Options
    Interesting to speak to Madrid fans today including some who went to Kiev. Most bizarrely felt that Salah actually fouled Ramos but people were delighted with Bale so hopefully he is finally getting the recognition he deserves. Lots of talk about Ronaldo's future as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Yeah but that's just part of what makes him the best defender in the world

That's why he's been sent off 24 times for Real Madrid. On this occasion he got away with it. If karma exists he will get crooked in the first five minutes of the world cup.
  • Options
    Breaking news ...........

Bale won't be going back to Spurs as his wages would have to come out of Daniel Levy's 6 million annual salary plus the fee from Alderweireld.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Its still going and is now up to 372,500
  • Options

And that means nothing.

I'm sure Ramos is crying into that new champions league trophy with the knowledge that some Liverpool fans don't like him.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Not sure how true it is or if pic has been edited, but if true how weird

• Options

Could be signed by 95 million Egyptians and it won't make any difference at all.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Not sure how true it is or if pic has been edited, but if true how weird

Both 64th minute sure, but "exact same time" and circling 63.01 is pushing it a bit.

One is in the net and one hasn't been hit yet.
  • Options
    They were officially ruled two seconds apart.
  • Options
    Very clever edit there.

How about showing the incident from the beginning about 5 seconds earlier when they first lock arms and who initiates that.

How about letting the video play about 2 seconds longer when you see Ramos roll ONTO the arm in an unnatural way.

No just show a 3 second clip of just the middle of the incident to try and get the desired result.

• Options
    No different to the video that keeps going round showing Ramos fall to the floor holding his face as Mane is 5 foot away from him!

That video must have been seen millions of times judging by the amount of different people I’ve seen post it.

Yet none of them show the 2 seconds before when Mane swings his arm into Ramos face!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Always the victim it's never your fault.
  • Options
    My view is the fact this guy isn't on a lengthy ban tells you everything that is wrong with football.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Bad enough to have the Scousers crying about it, can't believe so many on here have been so deeply affected.

You even have video proof of Salah and Ramos BOTH grabbing each other, yet people still want to focus on the edited 3 second video which shows Ramos falling awkwardly. Who doesn't fall awkwardly? It's falling over, not a gracious figure skating routine. Then there's video proof of Mane making contact with Ramos' face, but still Ramos is a scumbag and should be banned.

Seems that always being a victim is contagious.

Nah mate I just don't think there's a place in the sport for cheaters and thugs. Ramos knew what he was doing and there is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise - I have seen the videos (the non edited ones) and saw it occur at the time and his reaction of smiling and joking afterwards. And I know the blokes form for this kind of thing which is long and well documented.

Luckily the actual victim Salah will hopefully not have his world cup ruined and we football fans will have the pleasure of seeing one of the form players in the world playing at the biggest tournament in the world. Of course the likelihood is he will not be 100% and the tournament will be the poorer for it - that will be on Ramos and that is why I am particularly offended by his actions.

Ramos meanwhile will carry on with impunity and we will just have to wait and see who he targets next at the world cup, maybe he'll nobble his Madrid team mate Ronaldo and take him out of the tourney in the first game? Wouldn't put it past him, either way I assure you we will be having this same conversation about him during the world cup, the thug is incapable of just playing the game and winning on ability - he'd much rather assault and cheat to get in front.

If that is your idea of football may I suggest you look into the WWE or MMA.
  • Options
    Ramos fell onto Salah's other arm though, not the one he injured, and they were both tussling for the ball (which Ramos actually wins, BTW) and their momentum took them over. Salah was holding onto Ramos just as much as the other way round, and it was just an awkward landing. But people are letting their perceptions of Ramos cloud their judgement. If that was a tackle by Gomez on Ronaldo and Ronaldo got hurt, I bet no-one on here would complain about it, and many would probably claim Ronaldo "deserved it"
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOzwcYLIWRE

Did EXACTLY the same thing in last years final vs Dani Alves. Must just be a massive coincidence huh?
  • Options

Croydon said:

Bad enough to have the Scousers crying about it, can't believe so many on here have been so deeply affected.

You even have video proof of Salah and Ramos BOTH grabbing each other, yet people still want to focus on the edited 3 second video which shows Ramos falling awkwardly. Who doesn't fall awkwardly? It's falling over, not a gracious figure skating routine. Then there's video proof of Mane making contact with Ramos' face, but still Ramos is a scumbag and should be banned.

Nah mate I just don't think there's a place in the sport for cheaters and thugs. Ramos knew what he was doing and there is nothing you can say that will convince me otherwise - I have seen the videos (the non edited ones) and saw it occur at the time and his reaction of smiling and joking afterwards. And I know the blokes form for this kind of thing which is long and well documented.

Luckily the actual victim Salah will hopefully not have his world cup ruined and we football fans will have the pleasure of seeing one of the form players in the world playing at the biggest tournament in the world. Of course the likelihood is he will not be 100% and the tournament will be the poorer for it - that will be on Ramos and that is why I am particularly offended by his actions.

Ramos meanwhile will carry on with impunity and we will just have to wait and see who he targets next at the world cup, maybe he'll nobble his Madrid team mate Ronaldo and take him out of the tourney in the first game? Wouldn't put it past him, either way I assure you we will be having this same conversation about him during the world cup, the thug is incapable of just playing the game and winning on ability - he'd much rather assault and cheat to get in front.

Do you believe Ramos intentionally dislocated Salah's shoulder, or just that it was a deliberate foul?
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Croydon said:

Do you believe Ramos intentionally dislocated Salah's shoulder, or just that it was a deliberate foul?
    See my above post. He has form for this exact type of foul and it was clearly intentional - You would need to ask him about the intent but I believe he was just roughing him up and if he got injured that would be a bonus. He clearly wasn't handling Salah well up to that point in the match.