Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options

If any other player on the pitch makes a dreadful error, they get subbed off due to their confidence being ruined for the rest of the game.

Why are goalkeepers treated differently? Karius should've been subbed after the first one. Clearly was shaken for the rest of the game.

Do they? I don’t remember many players making mistakes and getting hauled off. That would be a stupid thing to do and shows lack of faith in a player.

Liverpool and Kloonly have themselves to blame as Karius has proven he is not reliable on several occasions
  • Options

I guess Karius' first error totally destroyed him. He panicked and lost confidence. Like Klopp said, the second error was because of the first one. And I think he probably could've stopped the second goal, the Bale overhead kick, had he not made the first mistake. I didn't feel sorry for him until I saw him burst into tears at the end. He's probably still too young and not mentally strong enough to deal with such difficult situation during a game.

I don't think any keeper saves the second. I always advise strikers to shoot first time when they can. That extra touch allows the keeper to set themselves and anticipate the shot making it easier to save. Volleys and headers are hard to save as they come out of nowhere. The brain needs a second. It is amazing how often a relatively poor first time shot can beat a keeper even when relatively close to them. The overhead kick came out of nowhere.

Keeping is the most technical of positions and focus and concentration is hugely important. David James admitted his lack of ability to concentrate held back his career. He still was a great keeper but he could have been even greater. When you make a mistake in such a big game, it has to play on your mind when your mind needs to be 100% on what is coming, not what has been. Pope had a basic technical weakness when he played for us, but I recall saying that he could fix that and he has. Karius may be stronger for this and become a great keeper or it could destroy him.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Some Liverpool so called fans tweeting him wishing his family get terminal cancer - classy bunch, glad they lost can stick there “ scouse not English “ racket up there ass aswell, they mock Everton but Everton qualified 4 times for Europe but weren’t allowed in due to the ban caused by Liverpool fans not being able to behave themselves.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    They are a minority I'm sure. But it is a disgusting thing to say.

Karius may benefit from a season at a Championship or League One club. Amos looked to lack confidence when he joined us but he became an excellent keeper. He was clearly an excellent keeper already, but last season has given him a shot in the arm he probably needed. He is a player we would gladly have starting for us next season and seasons to come.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Great scenes in Madrid at moment with open top bus and huge crowds at Real's traditional celebration place of Cibeles fountain. Poor Bale is hardly seen though and he looks really uncomfortable in the background, especially with Ronaldo constantly on the microphone and Ramos cavorting around with his infamous selfie stick.

After his superb performance and goals last night it should be Bale getting the attention but perhaps he prefers to stay out of the limelight. Hoping he gets the reception he deserves when each player is announced on the stage soon.
  • Options

Great scenes in Madrid at moment with open top bus and huge crowds at Real's traditional celebration place of Cibeles fountain. Poor Bale is hardly seen though and he looks really uncomfortable in the background, especially with Ronaldo constantly on the microphone and Ramos cavorting around with his infamous selfie stick.

After his superb performance and goals last night it should be Bale getting the attention but perhaps he prefers to stay out of the limelight. Hoping he gets the reception he deserves when each player is announced on the stage soon.

I hope Ramos falls off :wink:
  • Options
    He famously dropped the Copa del Rey from the top of the bus a few years ago and it was run over!
  • Options

He famously dropped the Copa del Rey from the top of the bus a few years ago and it was run over!

I wouldn't wish that on him. Just fall off and dislocate his shoulder would do :wink:
  • Options
    Bloody Karius putting out a statement. He just wants to take all the attention off of Bale!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chizz said:

ashley said:

Chizz said:

ashley said:

These are two mistakes that go against the fundamentals of goalkeeper coaching. If my son did either of those in a game I would not be happy with him! And that was the Champions League Final!!!!!

A good looking bloke makes a couple of terrible errors neither of which were deliberate and he then has to live with the consequences for the rest of his career / life .

A bunch of hateful ,fat ,bald or otherwise anatomically repulsive criticisers then jump on the bandwagon and go to town on it as an opportunity to deny their own inadequacies and give him an over the top jealous dig .

Hugely predictable .
    In what way is the physical appearance of either the goalkeeper or his critics of any relevance or interest?
    If either was of no interest to you then why comment ?

The relevance is human nature being rather unfortunately what it is .
    Let me ask the question in another way. Why did you bring up the appearance of the goalkeeper and of some of his critics?
    Ok ; let me make the point in another way . The goal keeper made a couple of horrendous catastrophic errors and quite rightly admitted his mistakes and took full blame for gifting Real Madrid two goals and ultimate victory in the most important club competition in Europe .The bloke was in bits at the end and was beyond consolable at the final whistle due to the gravity of his personal shortcomings . As a fellow human being I felt incredibly sorry for him and very sympathetic whilst acknowledging his obvious dreadful errors .It’s a game of passion and high emotion and in this instance heartbreaking drama.

With me so far ? Yes ? That’s good .

He is probably I would think a good looking bloke ; certainly the women in my house thought so , and I don’t doubt that some of the lack of remorse , the hysterical remarks about him and over the top condemnation of him being , worse than a Sunday league keeper , a clown ,etc . Etc was motivated by unpleasant attitudes that are snide / nasty / jealous /gleeful .

Still with me I hope ? Yes ? That’s really good !

Why would that be I wonder to myself ? Here is a bloke in his moment of inescapable public despair that deserved a bit of empathy and kindness and certaintly not a load of scathing abuse as he will have to live with this for a very long time . He will be pilloried at every away game that Liverpool play assuming that he is still with them next season that is .

Human nature being what it is unfortunately there are all too many people who take a weird pleasure from ridiculing the misfortune of others especially someone that they see as being better looking than themselves , more intelligent than themselves or more successful than themselves and who suddenly and unexpectedly gives them an opportunity to ignore their own shortcomings and delight in what must be his own private hell .

I have seen that so often in life and I think that it is a really ugly and nasty trait .

That’s it really .

• Options
    edited May 2018
    But it is a totally misguided and unfair point to make on this forum if you excuse me for saying so. firstly, our comments are not likely to affect Karius in any way - we are a forum for a League One club which he won't see. We are a football fans forum and we will comment from the perspective of fans. Had Karius payed a blinder we would have been praising him and his looks would be irrelevant as they would be when we criticise.

You have described his errors as horrendous, catastrophic and terrible which I am sure the good looking lad wouldn't like to hear! In fact if he has anything about him, he probably doesn't want your pity! He has to take it on the chin and come back stronger. The person beating him up the most will be himself!
  • Options
    No club is going to trust Karius. He will always be "that keeper" who fucked up a final and it will stay with him for the rest of his career.

I think he should go back to Germany and maybe join a mid table side.

He must feel like absolute shit. I hope he can find a way round it. Seems a good bloke
  • Options
    He is young, it can make him a better keeper. I think a loan to a club in this country could work. He wouldn't be running away and would get some stick, but the baggage would be gone. It would be good to have the pressure because he is going to have to learn how to handle it. A good season and he could return to Liverpool a better player.
  • Options
    Loris Karius?

Isn’t that what the spurs defence used to say ?
  • Options
    That really is a joke!

The ball wasn't even in the frame!!

• Options
    Yeah but that's just part of what makes him the best defender in the world
  • Options
    BR3red said:

That really is a joke!

The ball wasn't even in the frame!!

Straight red. How anyone can defend that is beyond me. But since those twats in BT Sport didn't pick it up, I suppose the ref has a decent defence.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Ramos is the best defender of the past 20 years.

Marcel Dessialle has that title, by miles.
  • Options
    Bales second goal went in after a shocker by the goalie, a real howler. But what has been overlooked is that it still was a fantastic shot, so audacious from such a distance out from goal. Should have been saved yes but still great skill from Bale.
  • Options
    Tony Bellew calls Karius "a professional fool" and claims he was at fault for all three goals. Should have saved the overhead kick apparently. Think he's been punched in the head one time too many
  • Options
    Incredible detail in the lego version. Even down to the celebrations of each goal.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Bales second goal went in after a shocker by the goalie, a real howler. But what has been overlooked is that it still was a fantastic shot, so audacious from such a distance out from goal. Should have been saved yes but still great skill from Bale.

It's being overlooked because any professional goalkeeper should save it. Yes it was a shot on target from a long way out but it doesn't move in the air. IMO it's nothing other than an average shot, certainly wouldn't call it great skill
  • Options

Riviera said:

It's being overlooked because any professional goalkeeper should save it. Yes it was a shot on target from a long way out but it doesn't move in the air. IMO it's nothing other than an average shot, certainly wouldn't call it great skill
    It does move a bit. It was a Bale trademark shot but not one of his best.
  • Options
    This is typical of the thug. He is the worst type of player and proves how he does the deed and tries to make himself look innocent. This action was after the Salah incident. I think the authorities can be accused of supporting it unless he gets some severe punsishment. Intent with the Salah foul can only be a suspicion but this is pretty clear.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    He should get an international ban... starting with THIS World Cup. Otherwise, it amounts to passive approval of his actions by the football community.
  • Options

Incredible detail in the lego version. Even down to the celebrations of each goal.

Yes, it also cleared up two points discussed on this thread. Ramos deliberately fouled Salah and maybe Karius should have saved Bale’s overhead kick.