Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League Chat

Comments

• Options
    Ramos

Injured Salah
    Hit the keeper in the head
    Went down holding his face when he wasnt touched

And he didnt even get a yellow
    Poor from the ref
  • Options
    I would have Ramos in my team.
  • Options
    Karius should get the team doctor to confirm that his vision was impaired after the elbow in the head from Ramos just minutes before his first faux pas. For the second giant cock up he should plead diminished responsibility.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Is Klopp a serial loser in finals, lost 3 at Liverpool, and lost his last 6 in a row, hope he wins a trophy next season, just for the style of football he tries to play.

When I first saw the lineup, Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum in midfield did not fill me with confidence for a positive Liverpool outcome, when Salah got taken out by Ramos, that fir me was game over for Liverpool.

I always want a British club to win in a European final, even if they’ve hardly got any English players in it these days.

What with Stevie G slipping over and Karius having a mare, they’ve not been blesssd with luck in recent years.
  • Options

Dislocated shoulder he will be fine

Fractured and his World Cup will be over aswell

Dislocated shoulder takes 6 weeks minimum, and anything up to 12 weeks.
    In that case
    Russia
    Saudi Arabia
    Uruguay
    All happy atm
    I said on the WC thread that Egypt were my dark horses.....can forget that now.
  • Options

Is Klopp a serial loser in finals, lost 3 at Liverpool, and lost his last 6 in a row, hope he wins a trophy next season, just for the style of football he tries to play.

When I first saw the lineup, Henderson, Milner and Wijnaldum in midfield did not fill me with confidence for a positive Liverpool outcome, when Salah got taken out by Ramos, that fir me was game over for Liverpool.

I always want a British club to win in a European final, even if they’ve hardly got any English players in it these days.

What with Stevie G slipping over and Karius having a mare, they’ve not been blesssd with luck in recent years.

Think he has been in 7 finals and won 1 and as u say lost 6 in a row
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Cracking city for a football trip is Kiev. Edgy but good.

Hotel rooms were going for £1,000 apparently....for 1 night.
  • Options
    Have a laugh - The person who wrote that named a player who wasn’t even playing - Manne.
  • Options
    Half an hour after i posted this and its almost up to 120k
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

Those saying they don't have sympathy for the keeper need to have a look at themselves. He must feel like the lowest man in the world today.

Take nothing away from Bale's goal yet as a Defender the one thing you should be doing is stopping any crosses into the box.

Whoever let that ball get into the box should also be slated as until that moment it was 1-1 and may have been no second mistake from Karius
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Those saying they don't have sympathy for the keeper need to have a look at themselves. He must feel like the lowest man in the world today.

And so he should.
    If it was a couple of good goals then yeah O would have sympathy.

But he made two massive mistakes that a keeper playing in a Champions League final shouldnt make.

The first 1 he paid no attention to were Benzema was

The 2nd I still dont know why he tried to punch it
  • Options
    Ramos is the best defender of the past 20 years.
  • Options

Disagree.

Ramos defends by being a thug
    Pique and Lahm better IMO
  • Options

I don’t really mind Ramos. Got a bit of old school ruffing up centre half about him, albeit with some continental theatrics, can score a goal and knows how to win. The blokes won everything there is in football. If he was playing for Charlton he’d be our hero.

Hope Kane sticks one on him if we meet in the WC mind.

He’s very streetwise and knows how to push the limits of the laws of the game. It’s all part of the game so I don’t personally have a big issue with it. It is just a game after all is said and done, and it’s not like he’s Muscat or Keane type who you get the impression enjoyed hurting people.
  • Options

Maybe the best attacker of the last 10 years.
  • Options

Half an hour after i posted this and its almost up to 120k
    The power of Charlton Life.
  • Options

Rubbish. He’s very decent, even aside from his antics but not that good
  • Options

Disagree.

Thug, lol. You’re old enough to have seen some proper hard men Paulie. There aren’t any real thugs left in the game. He’s a sneaky bastard I’ll give you that, and I do get why some people don’t like that, but he wouldn’t last five minutes with the Crazy Gang for example.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ramos against Diego Costa is always a great thug/pantomime villain encounter. Both have a huge array of dirty tricks.
  • Options

Disagree.

Have a look at what he has won....

He’s not thug - he just knows what it takes to win.
  • Options

Who is better?

1 World Cup

2 Euro titles

4 Champions League winner

4 Spanish League wins

In the FIFpro World XI 8 times which is a record. UEFA team of the year 7 times. La Liga's best defender 4 times.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I understand AFKA is quite low as well.
  • Options
    edited May 2018

Who is better?

1 World Cup

2 Euro titles

4 Spanish League wins

In the FIFpro World XI 8 times which is a record. UEFA team of the year 7 times. La Liga's best defender 4 times.
    You missed
    155 yellow Cards
    19 red cards

Edit: thats just league games

Career total
    233 yellow cards
    24 red cards
  • Options

Who is better?

1 World Cup

2 Euro titles

4 Spanish League wins

Who is better?

1 World Cup

2 Euro titles

4 Spanish League wins

I would say both puyol and Lahm were better players.

I have seen Ramos ripped to shreds by Barcelona on several occasions
  • Options
    I guess Karius' first error totally destroyed him. He panicked and lost confidence. Like Klopp said, the second error was because of the first one. And I think he probably could've stopped the second goal, the Bale overhead kick, had he not made the first mistake. I didn't feel sorry for him until I saw him burst into tears at the end. He's probably still too young and not mentally strong enough to deal with such difficult situation during a game.
  • Options

cafctom said:

And so he should.
    If it was a couple of good goals then yeah O would have sympathy.

But he made two massive mistakes that a keeper playing in a Champions League final shouldnt make.

The first 1 he paid no attention to were Benzema was

The 2nd I still dont know why he tried to punch it
    Do you think he doesn't know this?

Thousands of people made the trip and will be devastated about the result, which he has to carry with him for the rest of his life. He has people on social media saying that he should die.

You don't have sympathy because, you know, he should have just done better. Have a day off.
  • Options
    If any other player on the pitch makes a dreadful error, they get subbed off due to their confidence being ruined for the rest of the game.

Why are goalkeepers treated differently? Karius should've been subbed after the first one. Clearly was shaken for the rest of the game.